The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

jonoslack

Not stir anything here, where are the rest of the shoes/boots/footwear? :ROTFL:
Sorry Vivek . . . no more shoes. I'm currently sulking as a friend came back from London having seen blue leather All Stars . . . . . but it turned out she was mistaken :(

Anyway, this was the point of the shot.
D3 with 14-24 (as was the other).

etrigan63

Here's one of our other cat, Head of Her Majesty's Secret Service - Electra. She is apparently trying to hypnotize me into divulging state secrets...

Also gave me a chance to test my Metz 58A-1 in TTL BL mode (flash fill-in).

jonoslack

HI Carlos
Are we allowed to post cat pictures? I thought it was specifically banned :). Since it obviously isn't, I took these three character studies today.

We have this beautiful half abyssinian called Echo:

Here she is relaxing on the garden table watching for birds or baby bunnies to murder: (D3 with 105 macro).

Here she is sitting on the kitchen table wondering if:
a) she can reach the parrot sitting on the top of it's cage:

b) kill the dog (big) who is sitting below her on the floor:

second and third with the voigtlander 58 1.4 at f1.4 in our kitchen (handheld, no flash)

etrigan63

She's an abyssinian? She looks very much like our little cat whom we believe to be an Egyptian Mau (she has an "M" on her forehead, stripes on her back and tail and spots on her belly).

Stuart Richardson

Well, it is only fair to offer dog pictures in response...though they come paired with those of my father. Taken with an F6 and the 24-70 at 28mm...wide open.

You can see it is a very formal household, what with the shirtless eating at the table right from the pot and the dog leaning on the table...

tollie

Workshop Member
Hi,

Mostly i shoot Leica but I also do shoot Nikon... This picture was PP after the style of Robert Farber... especially as he presented images in his book By The Sea.

Its intended to be dreamy... almost otherworldly.

The jpg looses something...

The base image was well focused and taken on a brilliantly clear day... it was really an exercise in PP. I think i have come close... but of course there is something about his composition...

Thanks for looking.

Todd

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Terry,
Isn't that a lens a winner! It even works for macro. It is my most used lens in my Nikon bag (and it is my cheapest Nikon lens, now.)
Have you tried live view for macro? It is amazing.
Nice golf pictures.

Terry

Thanks Cindy. My only issue so far with the lens is user error in making sure that I have a fast enough shutter at the long end of the zoom as I do have some shots with camera shake from this batch today and when I was in Carmel.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I have to always be on the lookout for that issue. I don't like to crank my iso too high on the D300. I still think it is a fantastic lens for the money.

Daniel

Well, it is only fair to offer dog pictures in response...though they come paired with those of my father. Taken with an F6 and the 24-70 at 28mm...wide open.
http://www.stuartrichardson.com/dad-oliver-table1.jpg

http://www.stuartrichardson.com/dad-oliver-table2.jpg

http://www.stuartrichardson.com/dad-oliver-table3.jpg

You can see it is a very formal household, what with the shirtless eating at the table right from the pot and the dog leaning on the table...
made me LAUGH :)

etrigan63

Guys: please stop making me regret my lens choices! Now I shall have to try harder with what I have! Andree, what were the shot settings for the B&W image?

David K

Workshop Member
Many great images posted in this thread. This one is not so great but it was fun. On my boat after a model shoot at the sandbar. Two closest girls were the models and my son and his friend were the "boy props" .