The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

David K

Workshop Member
I will admit that the MF forum is "wretched hive of scum and villainy", tempting us mortals with their godly DR and divine bokehs. (The bikini shots help too):toocool:
Got some of my best shots of the day with the D3 and 24-70 and the Zeiss 110 f/2. My son, Zachary and one of the models. Maybe this will get him interested in photography.

Terry

Got some of my best shots of the day with the D3 and 24-70 and the Zeiss 110 f/2. My son, Zachary and one of the models. Maybe this will get him interested in photography.
If it doesn't I'm not sure anything will. Now did the shoot get him interested in modeling??

David K

Workshop Member
Terry,
Not sure about his interest in modeling but he certainly had an interest in the models :) It was hard for him (no pun intended) to keep a straight face with his buddies watching and shouting: Kiss her, Kiss her... :)

V

Vivek

Terry,
Not sure about his interest in modeling but he certainly had an interest in the models :) It was hard for him (no pun intended) to keep a straight face with his buddies watching and shouting: Kiss her, Kiss her... :)
Especially in front of his Dad!:shocked:

Poor chap!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I have a daughter and a son. Trust me i have a double standard . Son can do anything he wants when it comes to girls, Daughter i carry a Louisville Slugger Bat around with me.

There are no equal rights here:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

jonoslack

I have a daughter and a son. Trust me i have a double standard . Son can do anything he wants when it comes to girls, Daughter i carry a Louisville Slugger Bat around with me.

What a shocking attitude . . .
But then . . . I have three boys:)

etrigan63

Amen brother. The sons just have to realize that most girls' dads are like that. Dally at your peril, boys!

jonoslack

Amen brother. The sons just have to realize that most girls' dads are like that. Dally at your peril, boys!
Not sure who's doing the 'dallying' these days Carlos - The idea that boys are in the driving seat these days seems pretty laughable to me. . . . . . almost as laughable as the idea that dads have any influence over their daughter's behaviour!
:ROTFL:

etrigan63

Since when have men been in the driver's seat? That is an illusion the superior gender uses to keep us from running about willy-nilly.

Fathers have very little influence on their daughters' behavior; the piercing glares and threats of dismemberment are for the poor lads who want to court our little girls...

jonoslack

Not quite as naughty as David's shot, but the spirit is perhaps the same:

Nikon D3, voigtlander 58 f1.4 @f2 1600 ISO

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
My guess is he is a genuine Slack, and I think he likes her, a lot, and I think he gave her a compliment, like
"Madam, your braid pleases me", which, on the other hand, was not exactly what Davids Zachary said to his young lady since she didn't have a braid :lecture:

Last edited:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
thanks for sharing, Jono
they are very, very good !
and very inspiring
there's something here I need to learn ...
58mm Nokton, and 50mm Summilux M ?

jonoslack

thanks for sharing, Jono
they are very, very good !
and very inspiring
there's something here I need to learn ...
58mm Nokton, and 50mm Summilux M ?
Thanks Steen
I really like our kitchen table for photography - there's a light in the middle and some spots at the end - works well. I didn't take all of these, the cameras just kind of get passed around (stops people moaning).

It was a late night - the birds were singing when we got to bed, and Sim isn't feeling too great this morning!

Kids at home is lethal stuff - they and their friends are such good fun, they do make a bit free of the wine cupboard though! We all stay up 'til really late, then Emma and I get up at 8 with stuff to do, and they appear at midday! (at least this time they HAD done the washing up at 5am!).

58mm Nokton and 50 Noctilux (although i usually use the zeiss 50 f1.5 sonnar under such circumstances).
Interesting how well the D3 manages, but the B&W conversion needs to be quite different.

That Nokton is really a great lens, and I find it easy to focus with it, even in that dim lighting.