The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

etrigan63

How did you manage to time that? Or for that matter how long were you sitting at the window hoping for a strike to occur?

(Looks like Emperor Palpatine is upset with someone...)

Stuart Richardson

Thanks guys, and nice shot Andree!

It wasn't really a matter of timing...there were constant lightning strikes. I believe that exposure was for 8 seconds. It was a massive storm, as I am sure the other New Yorkers will tell you.

As for the diner, I am not sure if it is the diner from Spider Man...I don't remember. They do shoot things there all the time though...Italian Vogue did a shoot there this afternoon, on Friday the show "Rescue Me" is shooting there, and they are always doing commercial shoots there. It is a real pain in the ass because they block off parking for several blocks in all directions and tow your car if you just leave it there. It drives me up the wall. And the film people have a HUGE sense of entitlement about it. They get huffy if you want to walk down the street when they are shooting. At this point I just tell them that I am going to walk to my apartment and if they don't like it they can go F themselves.

Sorry for the rant...I hate the film people. Just because you paid off some city official doesn't mean you can come into my neighborhood and tell me I can't park on or walk down my own street. It gets me so mad!

etrigan63

Forgot to mention:
CV Ultron 40mm f2 SL2 @ f5.6,
various shutter speeds (D300 set to 5-shot bracket +/- 2 stops)

DonWeston

Subscriber Member
an oldie but goodie....
Taken with a D200 and an old 55mm Micro AIS... love this lens, have not had issues with oil on the aperture blades etc, guess that makes me a lucky one...focus is on the stiff side though but no accidental movement...I like it that way...

D

dlew308

Taken yesterday from the Venetian in Las Vegas.
I rented the Nikon 14-24 for the weekend, ah such a sweet lens.

iso3200

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Onboard flash, busy background, blown highlights and 35 degrees Celsius. Do I care? Not as long as I get a kiss on the cheek by the model :)

D80 with 50mm f/1.8 @ f/4.0

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Jorgen,
She is adorable. What a nice capture. You have such a signature look. I always thought it was the S3, but now I see that it is coming through with the D80, too. Nice work.:clap:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks a lot all of you for your kind words. We were just fooling around yesterday, me trying to figure out how to use the D80, and the children trying to figure out what to do with the foreigner.

Here's another one. Eating wafers and watching that weird guy at the same time is no easy task.

D80 with 50mm f/1.8 @ f/2.8. No flash.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The weather is bad, and I'm too lazy to work, so here's another one. Found these figurines under a tree at a temple in Pattaya yesterday, trying to get the D80 to perform. 50mm f/1.8 again @ f/2.0 this time.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Very nice and 3-dimensional. You obviously succeed "trying to get the D80 to perform".
And that little standard optic. Of couse it's always hard to judge from small websized images, but it looks tack sharp to me and even with a nice bo-ke. Amazing.
I hope they announce some new, fast AF-S versions of these good old primes, maybe even within a few days from now ... :)
So what do you think about your new D80 so far, Jorgen, compared to your Fuji ?

jonoslack

Very nice and 3-dimensional. You obviously succeed "trying to get the D80 to perform".
And that little standard optic. Of couse it's always hard to judge from small websized images, but it looks tack sharp to me and even with a nice bo-ke. Amazing.
I hope they announce some new, fast AF-S versions of these good old primes, maybe even within a few days from now ... :)
So what do you think about your new D80 so far, Jorgen, compared to your Fuji ?
I agree - more nice shots Jorgen
But, I've had both of the nikkor AFS 50's (f1.8 and f1.4) and I thought that they had nasty bokeh (I'm not convinced by the bokeho on the last shot - looks gritty to me).

It'll be interesting to see whether the new primes come. Personally, I've had only joy from the lovely little Voigtlander 58 f1.4 . . . but the much more expensive Zeiss 25 f2.8 is nothing like as good as either of the new nikkor zooms (14-24, 24-70) . . . AND it cost 2/3 the price of one too! Obviously the primes are nice from a speed/size point of view, but I'm wondering whether a couple of very high quality, reasonably light f4 zooms wouldn't be a better sales proposition.