The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Aye! I'm guessing she's been trying to distance herself from that zippered leather catsuit for decades. It left its mark though! :eek:
Gosh, I thought the zipper marks disappeared after half an hour or so.:ROTFL:
-bob

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
House of Cards is definitely worth another visit (three series I think). The other BBC winner (80's I think) was the Edge of Darkness (did you see that?)
The House of Cards plot starts to re-appear somewhere in my brain. The main character was one really evil bastard, wasn't he? No, I didn't see the Edge of Darkness, but I'll do a search. I do have 33 DVD's right next to me here though: all episodes of Inspector Morse. I watch an episode whenever the real world becomes too much. Haven't seen the last one yet.

Arne Hvaring

The House of Cards plot starts to re-appear somewhere in my brain. The main character was one really evil bastard, wasn't he? No, I didn't see the Edge of Darkness, but I'll do a search. I do have 33 DVD's right next to me here though: all episodes of Inspector Morse. I watch an episode whenever the real world becomes too much. Haven't seen the last one yet.
Great series the Inspector Morse, I've got the complete set too. I watch them slowly, savoring the moments, my wife falls asleep though:( The books are of course excellent too.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Nice photo from Kungshamn. Did you do any of Smögen as well? You seem to have been travelling around in Bohuslän recently. By boat or by car? I used to go there by boat for something like 15 years.

my wife falls asleep though:(
No wonder. Morse never understood women. That's the part where I really feel at home :LOL:

Arne Hvaring

Nice photo from Kungshamn. Did you do any of Smögen as well? You seem to have been travelling around in Bohuslän recently. By boat or by car? I used to go there by boat for something like 15 years.

No wonder. Morse never understood women. That's the part where I really feel at home :LOL:
We go there by car. Mostly we stay in Trollhättan (Of SAAB cars fame) at Alberts Kök ock Konferens, where they have the best food for miles around and where I can usually dig out some exiting wine from the cellar that's not on the menu :)

I'll post some shots from Smøgen later. We always return by Smøgen to pick up some seafood from Göstas. Btw. you think this is getting slightly OT now:ROTFL:

Morse never understood women. That's the part where I really feel at home :LOL:[/QUOTE]

I hear you Jorgen, my wife is quite a fetching sleeper though :D

Arne Hvaring

In all the excitement of newly announced cameras, let's not forget the excellent quality of the D2x. Here are a couple of shots with the 85mm TS Micro Nikkor.

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
But this is on topic: Beautiful tulips and fabulous lighting. Love the way you've capture the surface pattern of the flowers.

Stuart Richardson

That's done on purpose. There is a special type of post processing you can apply to make something look as if it is a minature, when it was taken in real life. It involves using either a tilt shift lens or post processing technique to blur the top and bottom, making it look as it was taken up close. Add to that some contrast and edge sharpening effects and it winds up looking like a model, as opposed to a real photo. It's all the rage now. I would not dismiss the D700 or the 24mm TS on the account of it...it is a particular technique that is making it look that way.

Stuart Richardson

By the way, I am almost certain that that photo was taken in Sapporo, from Maruyama. I used to live there...beautiful city. That was the Nakajima park...I can tell by the funky white and purple western building and the concert hall in the background.

etrigan63

I will file that technique away with body piercing, facial tattoos and sky surfing: artistically interesting, but something I would never do.