The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

Terry

Nothing like a good father picture!
This was take with a D1X in the front window of the Turks Head in St Agnes (Isles of Scilly). 1/15th f4.8 - 26th May 2003. He was 84, and I guess it was the last family holiday. He died last summer after a long, splendid and happy life (the last 4 years weren't so great).

So, Jorgen - thank you for posting your picture of your father, as it reminded me of this one of mine, for me, it's the best picture I have of him in his old age, strong, thoughtful, intelligent and absolutely honest (he was also a fine photographer).
I remember seeing this fabulous picture of your father. It is a pleasure to revisit it.:eek:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Too lazy to make dinner, so here's another one. I only seem to have one camera and one lens :LOL: so, D80 and 85mm f/1.8 @ f/2.2.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Some may be of the opinion that 500mm is a bit long for portraits, and that I should use faster shutter times when hand-holding that lens, but at least, I don't have to add grain :)

D80 with Reflex Nikkor 500mm f/8, ISO 1250 and 1/400s

jonoslack

those are lovely Jorgen
and think of all the money you've saved on the new b&w plugin!

Sometimes walks with the dog are things to abandon:

Terry

Jorgen,
Glad you didn't have dinner that shot is wonderful.

Jono,
I need to tag along on one of your walks. Another amazing sky!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks, both of you.

Jono,
They must have improved a lot on the look of the sky in Britain lately. I can't seem to remember that it was that beautiful when I used to visit ;)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I was sitting in a restaurant, waiting for the food, and to make the time pass, I took photos of people passing outside. This is one. D80 and 85mm f/1.8

David K

Workshop Member
Jono, what a sky !!!!
Cindy, spectacular landscape shot.
Andree, I want that lens, wonderful bokeh, Great shot
Jorgen, nice street stuff, I need to do more of that myself.

David K

Workshop Member
Lots of crotch rocket riders here. Anybody else ride choppers. This one's not mine but as long as it was in my driveway figured I'd take a pic.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Wow... very nice bike. Unfortunately, I only ride my 150cc pocket rocket, and even that one is grounded after my last crash :(

Still waiting for my dinner. These guys don't have choppers either, but one of them have started preparations :LOL:

jonoslack

Wow... very nice bike. Unfortunately, I only ride my 150cc pocket rocket, and even that one is grounded after my last crash :(

Still waiting for my dinner. These guys don't have choppers either, but one of them have started preparations :LOL:

Jorgen . . . what CAN I say
that picture is just fabulous - soooo funny.
Why IS that guy wearing a helmet on his head, and why is the other guy wearing one on his tummy?
Life is full of mystery and wonder.
At least, it is in your photos . . . .

robmac

nice pics - and I'm impressed with the 85/1.8, very little if any PF/CA off high contrast areas or the chrome in the scenes.

jonoslack

nice pics - and I'm impressed with the 85/1.8, very little if any PF/CA off high contrast areas or the chrome in the scenes.
Hi Rob
I do agree, but . . . if you can take pictures like that, then who gives a toss about the lens / quality (well, I don't anyway!).

S

sebasco

I've been loving looking at the photos forum members have submitted since the beginning of this thread.

Here's a couple of pics I took at Rochester's High Falls during a lunch walk today where it was sunny, then rainy, then sunny again, all within 35 minutes or so. That's the Northeast for you.

Ed

S

sebasco

Thanks for the kind words Carlos but I am afraid the color on the 2 photos I sent were a tad off compared to the originals. I am resending them hoping the color is not off this time.

Ed