The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
D80, 70-300 ED @ 220mm, Oslo in July, moved a few meters between the shots, and wow! , what a difference those meters do.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
There's a lot of white space on top of the new Opera House in Oslo, and although it's situated in the middle of the city, it's still close to nature.

D80 and 70-300 ED @ 112mm

V

Vivek

A bit difficult to take that 70-300 zoom out for street. Here, a couple of random shots (Sigma 30/1.4, D300).

A Whole some Movie going experience with an automated ticket machine! :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
While temples are good places to find peace of mind and to contemplate, they can be used for other things as well, like table tennis. D80 with 85/1.8 @ 2.0

V

Vivek

Alright, I finally found one shot taken with the 70-300 AF-D ED (through a fence) @ 300mm (D300). :)

jonoslack

Very Nice Vivek
and Jorgen, but I need to speak with Vivek

I know you liked the old geyzer with the hat
I know I can't use the Goat picture (it offends Americans)
I know you didn't like the pestle and mortar
How do you feel about the Strawberry Moose?

Nikon D1x . . . with a lens

Last edited:
V

Vivek

That is a lovely close-up, Jono.:)

A strawberry moose? :ROTFL: Cool! :thumbup:

The other end of the spectrum (literally because it is so prosaic) is..

My flickr avatar (I have one because there is a default one there. So, it is sort of mandatory) comes from a portion of this false color UV shot.

D70, Noflexar 35/3.5 Baader U 2" filter

(The difference in the non-factory color paint only shows up in UV, under visible light the whole car is an uniform gray. The street lamp has a glass shade with an excellent UV cut property).

Again, that is a fun image, Jono.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jono, for a while, I thought it was an attempted self portrait after one of your wild birthday parties, but I now realise that it's either the main course (moose) or the dessert (strawberries).

Anyway, since you have changed to red, here's more of the same, from today. D80 with Tamron 24-135 @ 70mm and f/5.0.

V

Vivek

I will continue with that boring UV of mine with a touch of red..

Dandelion, UV capture

etrigan63

Everyone mugs for the camera...

and yes, all of the crazy equines at the stables posed or made faces. It was like taking pictures of first graders!

D

dlew308

My first tries of doing the strobist way...my son with his toy grabber that he calls "pinchy". If your kid(s) watch Thomas the Train, you'll understand pinchy ;)

1 sb-800 shooting thru a westcott umbrella and 1 reflector.

D

dlew308

Hi,

I'm not. I used to read his blog years ago before it became popular then I sorta lost interest in lighting. Now I'm back interested in lighting again. I just saw the idea of using the sb-800 and an umbrella recently on various other websites so I gave it a try. I've practiced many times with 1 monolight and a reflector.
I'm used to using a light meter to dial in the light and manually setup my camera. I'm trying out CLS, feels like I'm starting over :)

David,

The lighting looks really natural and good. Are you going through his lighting 101?