The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

jonoslack

Hi Vivek - those are both Wonderful!

Here is my brother in law contemplating his toast and marmalade. Perhaps it isn't Dutch lighting, but it's certainly chiaroscuro!

V

Vivek

Maarten, Jorgen and Jono, Thanks a bunch! Lovely shots, Maarten and Jono.

Here is a slight change of course (my first "street puppy" shot):

D300, 28mm T/S lens, as shot
Emotive Poodle

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I did a wedding today. Fortunately, they had hired another photographer to do all the formals, so I could do what I wanted. And I did.

S3 with 85mm f/1.8 @ f/2.0

V

Vivek

Bob, Nice shot but there is no "Dutch Light". Rembrandt worked for many years in France. Even the recent Mondriaan had to leave town before being hailed as a national treasure.

Jorgen, That is a swell shot.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Vivek,
... and when Rembrandt worked in France, didn't he have French light? Now it may differ from Dutch light only in the location upon which it fell, but "Dutch" Light to me was more the use of light by Dutch painters of that period rather then its source or location. Yes, and I will allow that this use may have not been unique, just rather typical.
-bob

V

Vivek

Sure, Bob.:) It is from a school originating from a period in history.

DavidL

Was doing a studio shoot and one of the models had her son with her. He went very quite and was found along the side of the infinity cove with some old props and some sand from a plant pot. He had such a good time he didn't want to leave so if business goes off my friend can always start a play group.
The model in the other shot isn't his mum but you can't beat a good clipboard photo. Funny what you get asked to photograph :rolleyes:
Can you imagine how good I'd be with a D700 and 85 f1.4.
Still got the D300 and Jono's old 17-55. Both shots straight from camera in sRGB standard mode. One SB 900 the other a couple of elincroms. I like the D300 output but still yearn for CCD instead of CMOS. Guess the Leica S2 would give that but there's no banks left to rob as they've all gone bust :eek:
You could always start a collection for me as I'm not sure how long I can go on like this:cry: If it gets above the price of a D700 and 85mm there's always the 14-24 and 200 f2 I'd like and need for some portraits I may have to do soon. Of course if it goes ballistic the Leica will be out in a while, and I don't mind waiting :thumbup::thumbdown:.
Yours in hope
David

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Hopefully it wasn't moving too quickly. I don't want to read about your untimely demise Jorgen.
Carlos, you don't know the meaning of "slow" until you've taken a train in Thailand :LOL:

My favourite train ride is the one from Bangkok to Aranya Pratet at the Cambodian border. It's around 250km and takes five hours or more, for the outrageous price of $1.40 or thereabout. That's less than 30 cents per hour. Must be good value for sure. Only third class though :eek:

People I meet along the ride tend to make the journey feel shorter though. I'm not sure if that detracts from or adds to the value of the ticket :confused:

Here's an example, E-1 with OM Zuiko 35mm f/2.0:

On the border, there's a big market, and as anywhere else in Thailand, there's entertainment. Here's one from a couple of years ago, OM-3 with Zuiko 50mm f/1.8 and Konica VX400:

Yeah, yeah... I know, off topic cameras as well as lenses, but they do illustrate the dangers of riding on the train in Thailand, don't you think :D

V

Vivek

There is a concerted effort among the cities in Holland to change their impressions. Here is one attempt.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The real Thailand is not in the city. It's in the countryside, on the water, with people celebrating, dancing and singing. D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/5.