The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

David K

Workshop Member
One of my son's friends at a recent Birthday party at our house. I won't get into the generational disconnect I feel when I see a pretty and intelligent young lady with ink. She was quite proud of her Rosie the Riveter... a bit of nostalgia for me but from well before her time.

etrigan63

Test of my new 35mm f/2 Nikkor lens (thanks again Brad!). Shot at a little get-together here at my home;

Little Isabel

Jeff Turner

Last weekend in Yosemite was mixed weather of snow flurries, showers and blizzard conditions in the high country....so much for fall??? Here is a 3 image stitch (31 mpx) during a moment of partial clearing, and right before another heavy snow flurry. Nikon D3, Zeiss ZF Makro-Planar 100/2.0. Stitched in CS3 with "photomerge" then B+W conversion using Gohrman-Holbert B+W action, selective area level and curve adjustments, and finally palladium toning.

I know...not that creative but the weather just didn't cooperate all weekend long. Had planned to hit the high country and south to Bishop, but the pass was closed for 2 days....so I made the best with the breaks in weather that were given to me.

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Lovely photo, Vivek. Actually, I tried the Nikkor 10.5 yesterday, and the Tokina Fisheye zoom as well, both on the S5. I found both of them to have a lot of CA. How is your experience with regards to that?

V

Vivek

Hi Jorgen, No CA issues whatsoever with my sample (some are reported to have this problems) of the 10.5 Nikkor (D40x, D300). I keep the front element immaculately clean all the time (a must).

It is prone to flare when pointed towards the Sun though.