The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
And if you wish you had a Harley but don't, you can just put a bunch of Harley stickers on your Honda :D

D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/3.5

jonoslack

D'you think the moustache is 'stick on' too?

Lovely shot Jurgen - I hope you're looking after yourself during the turmoil.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks Jono. Looking after myself? There are too many others to look after to even notice myself. But things are very peaceful the places where I'm going.

Go with the flow, smile to the girls and enjoy the food :)

D

ddk

Then there was the Bang Saen Bike Week. No need for a Harley to participate :)

D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/3.5

I have to start using my long lenses, haven't touched anything above 35mm for a very long while, fun images.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Great work Jorgen, as usual......, love the rocket man.:thumbs:
Thanks David. I think the best focal length depends on how we "see". I tend to look for motives in a 135-200mm range, so those are the focal lengths I'm using the most. Unless I'm shooting architecture, I'm usually completely happy with an 85mm on DX or 135mm on 35mm, and can live with a single focal length like that for weeks.

I love my new Tamron 17-50 too though, and that was the lens I used for 95% of the time on a recent visit to Macau and Hong Kong.

etrigan63

One from Black Friday weekend - the ultimate solution to taking a husband/father/boyfriend shopping at the mall

Daddy Day Care

D

ddk

Thanks David. I think the best focal length depends on how we "see". I tend to look for motives in a 135-200mm range, so those are the focal lengths I'm using the most. Unless I'm shooting architecture, I'm usually completely happy with an 85mm on DX or 135mm on 35mm, and can live with a single focal length like that for weeks.
Maybe, I seem to find the 28mm-40mm range natural for me, probably because of my subject matter or preference to shoot up close.

I love my new Tamron 17-50 too though, and that was the lens I used for 95% of the time on a recent visit to Macau and Hong Kong.
I'm zoom challenged, I often get the framing wrong or lose the moment while zooming.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I'm zoom challenged, I often get the framing wrong or lose the moment while zooming.
I agree, and I mostly find myself using zooms at one of the extremes. I've sometimes even walked closer to make the crop fit the widest end of the lens without thinking about it. My brain is probably not made for multitasking. Maybe I should have the firmware updated ;)

Stuart Richardson

Nice shots Erik. I think I like the last one best...

That pigeon one is fairly similar to one I took (with a Nikon 35ti)

I actually turned it into a cd cover...for a mix...the girl loved pigeons. I had to flip it to make the text work...

JohnH

I thought I would add a Bangkok image just to supplement the more active ones from Jorgen. This is the first upload I have attempted so it will probably go off the rails somewhere - good old Murphy will strike.

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I thought I would add a Bangkok image just to supplement the more active ones from Jorgen. This is the first upload I have attempted so it will probably go off the rails somewhere - good old Murphy will strike.
Murphy seems to be in a good mood. At least I can see it :)

Is it one of the Ramakien paintings at Wat Prakaew? I love those. The quirky perspective and mix of painting styles give the impression of time being a part of the paintings, as if they were four-dimensional.

JohnH

Yes, Murphy was looking the other way.

They are - as you guessed - scenes from the Ramakien, at the Grand Palace. The really grab my attention - I spent a substantial amount of time there last weekend. So I now have a couple of hundred images. I was there earlier this year and plan on a return visit - these paintings appeal to me. It looks as though there is a continuing restoration program - there always is an artist or two updating them.

I am in Bangkok for another two weeks, then returning in January for at least six months. Enjoying it.

JohnH

Just to keep some activity here - now for something extremely different.

Infrared - D100 converted - Pennsylvania in the Fall.

Last edited:

Stuart Richardson

Interesting shot John --- the ground is really surprisingly white!

This was taken last night -- D3 and 17-35mm f/2.8 at 2.8, ISO 800 for 10 or 15 seconds.

It looks a lot like the earlier ones, as I did not get much advance notice, and this is the closest spot to city center where you can get away from the streetlights.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Yes, Murphy was looking the other way.

They are - as you guessed - scenes from the Ramakien, at the Grand Palace. The really grab my attention - I spent a substantial amount of time there last weekend. So I now have a couple of hundred images. I was there earlier this year and plan on a return visit - these paintings appeal to me. It looks as though there is a continuing restoration program - there always is an artist or two updating them.

I am in Bangkok for another two weeks, then returning in January for at least six months. Enjoying it.
Last time I checked, many years ago, Silpakorn university, just across the road, trained student in this painting style. Some of them worked more or less permanently restoring the old painting and painting new ones when restoring wasn't possible. I had (and probably still have, in Norway) an original painted by one of them.