The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

Stuart Richardson

Thanks guys,

I am glad that you like them. Woody -- I will post color versions so that you can get a feel for them. I like them in color as well. I have not seen Titanic, but I do know that scene. It is funny, I was not thinking of that when I took it, but that is what everyone has said upon seeing it.

Viablex -- I really like that shot -- the color pallete is great. I love that oxidized copper color around the test tubes.

D

ddk

Thanks guys,

I am glad that you like them. Woody -- I will post color versions so that you can get a feel for them. I like them in color as well. I have not seen Titanic, but I do know that scene. It is funny, I was not thinking of that when I took it, but that is what everyone has said upon seeing it.

Viablex -- I really like that shot -- the color pallete is great. I love that oxidized copper color around the test tubes.

Oh wow; very beautiful in color...

woodyspedden

Thanks guys,

I think I was right Stuart. The color photos are very nice but the black and whites rock with hidden impact. I think it is most vividly displayed in the oil tanker scene. In color, I see a girl on top of an old oil tank contrasting her soft beauty to the rusted tank. In black and white I can see the ship with her at the prow looking out not to sea but to her imagined new life. A totally different experience.

Great work in both cases. just my humble opinion as to the aesthetic differences.

Woody

DavidL

From a recent artist reference shoot. In the past I would have put a bit of fill light in this but the client insists I don't any more. He wins, because he pays.
D300, 17-55 f2.8. Just slight levels adjustments.
I'm having trouble bringing myself to buy a D700 as my pair of 300's serve me so well. Also the cost of a D700 plus 24-70 is about the same price as the Sony 900 with Zeiss 24-70. I just don't need that many pixels at present. However, a decision will have to be made before the end of the TAX year. Come on Pound, rise against the Yen in the next month or so;)
David

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Great photo Emma, and perfect timing :)

David, clients often want strange things, but this one turned out rather well. Lots of drama in those shadows.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Went to a golf tournament yesterday, without the golf bag. Lots of grass there, very suitable for golf.

D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/3.2

DavidL

Great photo Emma, and perfect timing :)

David, clients often want strange things, but this one turned out rather well. Lots of drama in those shadows.
Hi Jorgen
If you like drama how about this one:eek:
This was quite a dramatic scene and I didn't want a three year old to get freaked out by what is going on. So I attempted to keep him happy and relaxed. Think I did, as you can see from his to camera shot. The other shot will probably do, although he doesn't look really alarmed.
A mistake was to gave him a chocolate at one point in the shoot and it's amazing how it kicked in. In a nice way, he really is a cool little lad:cool:
David

Last edited:

DavidL

Jorgen the one thing that currently irritates me about your photos is the lighting as in warm sunlight, something I haven't experienced for a while. We are just starting to get hit by a really cold spell blowing in from Russia.
I really envy your world location and like your pics as well, which look warm and happy.
Sorry have to break off to put some more coal on the fire.
David

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Oh, but we've just had an unusually long and cold winter here, with night temperatures down to 15 degrees C, even in Bangkok :lecture: :D :lecture:

For people who are used to 30-40 degrees, and have no warm clothes whatsoever, that can actually be a big problem.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
There are a number of ways getting to the golf course. A third class train from Bangkok Noi to Hua Hin is one option. Cheap too, at around $2.50 for the three hour ride, and a zillion photo opportunities along the track. I have to get back there one day :)

D80 with Tamron 17-50 @ 30mm and f/2.8

etrigan63

Jorgen the one thing that currently irritates me about your photos is the lighting as in warm sunlight, something I haven't experienced for a while. We are just starting to get hit by a really cold spell blowing in from Russia.
I really envy your world location and like your pics as well, which look warm and happy.
Sorry have to break off to put some more coal on the fire.
David
Jorgen and I don't live in the same part of the world, but we enjoy the same weather. When I visited Capture Integration the other day, there was quite a group fine looking young ladies making their way to the beach.

Miami Beach = January + bikinis!

routlaw

Seeing the recent photos from the Moab workshop makes me realize I am long overdue for a trip to the area. In the meantime thought I would join in and post a few images from a couple of winters ago while passing through on my way to Big Bend NP. Hope you don't mind.

Nikon N2x, 17-35 F2.8 @ 28mm/F8
Road to Dead Horse Point
View attachment 11601

Nikon N2x, 28-70 F2.8 @ 60mm/F9
Balanced Rock in Arches
View attachment 11599

Nikon N2x, 80-200 F2.8 @ 155 mm/F8
Arches NP & La Sal's
View attachment 11600

Last edited: