The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Ha ha... :LOL: thanks.

Maybe I should go to France to get the right "feel". Haven't been there in many years, so that would be a welcome change :p

The first time I looked properly at his photos was actually in Denmark, an exhibition at Louisiana. A great inspiration and eye-opener then as well as now.

Lloyd

Re: Fun Pictures with Nikon, some ghost towns

Thought I might post a few images done earlier this year with the D3 of various ghost towns. Hope you can enjoy.

Rob

Bannack State Park, Montana
24mm PC-E Lens
Great image. (I love Bannack, spent Labor Day weekend there with friends a few years back and managed to forget to pack a camera. Duh!)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

... and managed to forget to pack a camera. Duh!)
Here's how to solve that problem :lecture:

- Get rid of any bag that is not a camera bag.
- Don't have more camera bags than cameras.
- Store at least one camera in each bag.

Result: whenever you grab a bag to go somewhere, there's always a camera going with you :D

PS. Don't forget to stash a clean shirt in the bag before you go. That's what the laptop pocket is for. An average laptop pocket actually holds three-four ironed shirts. That's enough for a weekend (or a week if there are no women around ;) )

Lloyd

Here's how to solve that problem :lecture:

- Get rid of any bag that is not a camera bag.
- Don't have more camera bags than cameras.
- Store at least one camera in each bag.

Result: whenever you grab a bag to go somewhere, there's always a camera going with you :D

PS. Don't forget to stash a clean shirt in the bag before you go. That's what the laptop pocket is for. An average laptop pocket actually holds three-four ironed shirts. That's enough for a weekend (or a week if there are no women around ;) )
Good advice all around. Thanks.:thumbup:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I did the mistake of taking more than 1,000 photos at an amateur golf tournament. Now, I have to edit them all. It will take months :(

If I'm not around in a week, it's because I forgot to eat...

D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/2.8

etrigan63

I did the mistake of taking more than 1,000 photos at an amateur golf tournament. Now, I have to edit them all. It will take months :(

If I'm not around in a week, it's because I forgot to eat...
Price of success, Jorgen. :thumbup:

When I shot the Nutcracker, I took close to 3,500 shots and pared it down to about 450. Took me about three days to get it all sorted out and uploaded. I just covered a Valentine's Party and fired off about 400 there, pared down to 200.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Silly question, Jorgen: Is this like a golfing team? Why is everyone wearing the same shirt?
It's the sponsor shirts. The photos are from an annual tournament for Scandinavians in Southeast Asia, sponsored by Scandinavian Airlines and Svenska Enskilda Banken.

Even the caddies have sponsor vests, similar to the technical ground crew of Scandinavian Airlines. We had a lot of interesting challenges getting those right, and in 35 degrees Celsius, they are not the caddies' favourite clothing :cry:

D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 185mm and f/4.0