The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Watched Formula One today with some friends. We all had pole position, and only consumed biodegradable fuels :D

Congratulations with a great victory, England :salute:

D80 with Tamron 17-50 @ 17mm and f/2.8

Last edited:
R

Ranger 9

Watched Formula One today with some friends. We all had pole position, and only consumed biodegradable fuels
Yes, but were you running Kinetic Energy Recovery Systems? And if not, did you all have to take naps after your energy was depleted?

Anyway, looks like you all had a good time. This would be a great way to watch Formula I, with food and some friends. (It comes on at 1:30 am where I live, so I seldom watch it. And frankly, I sort of lost interest during the "Formula Ferrari" era, when it became glaringly obvious that rules and penalties were being manipulated for the benefit of certain teams. I wonder how much success Brawn will be permitted before that starts to happen again...?)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I wonder how much success Brawn will be permitted before that starts to happen again...?)
No problem for Brawn. Richard Branson is a personal friend of Bernie Ecclestone.... :wtf:

Yes, but were you running Kinetic Energy Recovery Systems? And if not, did you all have to take naps after your energy was depleted?
No, but there is a bar of a more lewd character around the corner, for emergency cases :LOL:

Amin

Thanks Ranger!

Leif, some beautiful shadow play; I especially like the first.

John, thanks for elaborating on the circumstances!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
A trip upcountry today, to take photos of some technical installations for a friend and customer. One of those people who, as opposed to myself, can concentrate on more than two things simultaneously.

S5 with Micro Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 AF D @ f/3.5

etrigan63

I was at an HP Press Event in Beverly Hills, CA last week (on the corner of Wilshire & Rodeo - pronounced "roe-day-oh" - Drive). They put us up at a 5 star hotel (The Beverly Wilshire) and have quite possibly ruined every other hotel in the world for me. The hotel courtesy shuttle was a Rolls Royce!

Here is a shot of the lobby...

The shuttle driver...

The mall across the street...

From said mall: a $125,000 letter opener

More here.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
On my way from Bang Na to Sam Rong today, I took one of the local buses, those that start at See Eeam and end up in Pak Nam. Being the only passenger on the bus, I couldn't help noticing that everything looked very clean and tidy, and even the wooden floor was shining.

So I asked the conductor if the bus was new, and he answered that this was indeed a brand new bus (although I suspect that the truck chassis that the bus was built upon wasn't as new as the cabin on top, at least judging from the interesting sounds from the gear box).

Here's your chance then, if you want to take a ride in a brand new bus in Thailand, with a very friendly conductor. Just stand on the corner at Bang Na with your eight baht ready, and wait until you see something shiny, new coming down Bang Na Trad road. That's your transport for today, wooden floor and all.

D80 with Tamron 17-50mm @ 42mm and f/3.2

Lloyd

I was at an HP Press Event in Beverly Hills, CA last week (on the corner of Wilshire & Rodeo - pronounced "roe-day-oh" - Drive). They put us up at a 5 star hotel (The Beverly Wilshire) and have quite possibly ruined every other hotel in the world for me. The hotel courtesy shuttle was a Rolls Royce!

Here is a shot of the lobby...

The shuttle driver...

The mall across the street...

From said mall: a $125,000 letter opener

More here.
Don't know how you put up with that crap, Carlos! ;) Oh well, the things we have to do, eh?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
This such a great shot!
Thank you Lloyd :)

I went to the Bangkok Motor Show yesterday. There are two of them annually, and they are both extremely popular, particularly among men with cameras who take photos of.... the girls :D Even the motoring magazines have more photos of girls than of cars and motorbikes after the show, and why not? The streets are full of cars anyway.

D80 with Tamron 17-50mm @ 24mm and f/2.8

D80 with Tamron 17-50mm @ 38mm and f/4.0

And the unavoidable Pretty Girl. Unfortunately, this one has a hand growing out of her ear, but she's cute anyway, isn't she :p

D80 with 85mm f/1.8 @ f/2.2