The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks everybody. I had also heard about all the artificial stuff being used, but since this was for a local restaurant with limited resources, it had to be done with minimum cost and minimum fuzz. So I brought my travel setup, two 100 dollar, 100 watts, no-name Chinese strobes, one with a reflective umbrella and one with a homemade snoot (10c of black cardboard and some tape), and made a tabletop studio in the restaurant with the help of some sheets of white and black cardboard.

For the next session, I will get a strobe for the background as well, giving me the possibility of isolations. I kept the modeling lights off, to prevent drying, and obviously, working fast is necessary. A helpful staff and the distance to the kitchen being just a couple of meters helped a lot. I will do the complete menu within the next six months, and being a Danish restaurant, the "smørrebrødlist" alone is six pages :D

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Danes don't only make nice "smørrebrød". They make excellent bicycle riders as well :)

D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/4.5

otumay

I was playing with the new 35 mm f1.8 G AF-S today.
Magnificent shots of Astronotus Ocellatus! Kept them for a few years myself. Lively, intelligent and playful creatures. Pleasure to watch. Heartiest congratulations from an ex-hobbyist.
Best regards,
Osman

Amin

Testing a friend's new camera (Nikon D90...not bad!).

Mount Redoubt approaching ash cloud and ash falling over Turnagain Arm. These photos were taken about an hour apart.

Gary
Alaska
Gorgeous photos Gary. I'd love to visit such a place.

viablex1

wow those fish photos are off the hook!!

here are some from Victor Wooten's bass camp opening this past weekend. My wife with Victor Himself, arguably the best Bass Player in the world

and one with Futureman, He plays percussion but with a guitar like device...

shot with that 4omm Ultron..

etrigan63

Playing with Capture NX2 and Picture Modes. First up: Monochrome

All shots D700 + Nikkor 28-80 f/3.3-5.6 Zoom

Photographer's Ghost

Stop

Night Life (NOT!)

Time to get a new racket...

etrigan63

Yeah, my kids were playing with some "dollar store" tennis rackets (supposed to use a whiffle ball) with a #3 Penn tennis ball. The first time my daughter actually connected with a serve, she shattered the head.

My son popped a hole in the "strings" (actually a plastic mesh) with a return hit. I need to get them real tennis rackets.