The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

Lloyd

Thank, Jorgen. I'm still trying to decide if I really like this C-41 processed film. I think I still prefer silver, but it's growing on me.

Lloyd

Yes, the convenience is a big draw for me. I've got 4 or 5 more rolls in the refrigerator. We'll see how it goes.

Stuart Richardson

Thanks Leif, I am glad you like the images! I have a lot more at my website, but I will also be posting some more this weekend maybe. As for Arnaldur Indridason, he is really good isn't he? I have read all that they have translated into English...I think I will try to read one in Icelandic...it should be good practice. Have you read Henning Mankell? He is probably even better...certainly more well-known.

And David -- thank you for compliments as well! It is a beautiful country here...you should come check it out at some point. Only a 5 hour flight from JFK...and 45 minutes of that is just sitting in the plane waiting to take off from JFK...

David K

Workshop Member
Thanks for the comments guys... Not sure about the angel part but she sure is easy on the eyes... First shot with the Nikon D3 and 70-200, this one with the Hy6/e75LV kit.

etrigan63

Don't think I can compete with that David. However I offer these humble samples from my ongoing trip to NYC:

All shots D700 handheld, Rockefeller Center shot - CV 58mm SL II, Atlas + St. Pat's & Times Square - CV 20mm SL II.

wayne_s

David,

I have two questions:

1) What kind of lighting and setup did you use for both shots?
2) Do you need any assistants for shoots like this? ;)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Very cool contrast in the second photo, Carlos.

--

David, you need to pay your model better. She can't even afford proper clothes :lecture:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
There's something about ships. They are kind of black and white by nature, or by design maybe?

D80 with 70-300 ED @ 300mm and f/8

David K

Workshop Member
David,

I have two questions:

1) What kind of lighting and setup did you use for both shots?
2) Do you need any assistants for shoots like this? ;)
Wayne,

1) The headshot was a three light setup plus a mirror for fill. The model was seated with the mirror below her at stomach height. The main was a Broncolor Satellite Soft Reflector roughly 3' directly in front of the model and above the camera. Second light was for the hair and third for the background.
If you look at the catchlights in the model's eyes it will give you an idea of the lighting position. The second shot was a single light up high and about 45 degrees to model's left. The Broncolor lighting is great but I suspect the post processing plays a greater role in the final result... at least for the first shot.

2) The line forms to the rear :)