The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
They are fabulous, Viable, as were the ones (from the same place I assume) at page 81.
Only it's a pity all exif informations are gone, what gear did you use here ?

viablex1

hey thanks believe it or not it I used a D700 the 24-70 and that turbine shot I took only once, just the usual CC and sharpening. It was iso 125 I remember that much F22 exposure time was 3 seconds, I always try to use mirror lock up. that D700 has such a great range and that nikon glass is kick A**

the little truck was iso 125 F13 and 20 seconds and a led light was used, the tunnel was very dark!!!

glad I could contribute to such a great thread. there are so many great photographers on here it has really made me want to be better...

viablex1

thanks Jim, different asylums that are in disuse in the northeast, most from one in New Jersey, the last from baltimore.. I was thinking about getting a D300 converted to IR but maybe I will get a D90, I already have a D200 converted but that D90 gives some nice images!!!!

JimCollum

thanks Jim, different asylums that are in disuse in the northeast, most from one in New Jersey, the last from baltimore.. I was thinking about getting a D300 converted to IR but maybe I will get a D90, I already have a D200 converted but that D90 gives some nice images!!!!
Looks like some fantastic locations. You have an excellent series in work there

An IR camera there would add additional drama (although there's plenty with a regular camera)

Mitchell

Jim,

This is a great composition!! Really terrific. Great balance. My eye keeps moving and is rewarded wherever it goes.

I wonder if I might like it more not IR.

Best,

Mitchell

JimCollum

Jim,

This is a great composition!! Really terrific. Great balance. My eye keeps moving and is rewarded wherever it goes.

I wonder if I might like it more not IR.

Best,

Mitchell
thanks Mitchell!

i only had the IR camera with me at the time.. i'll take the MF setup the next time i visit Alviso and see if i can get similar weather

jim

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
For a young, novice monk, getting the robe straight can be a big challenge. It's a big piece of cloth, and there's only one correct way to wear it.

S5 with 80-200 AF-S @ 130mm and f/3.2

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Buddhist temples are sometimes built in the middle of nowhere, often at very idyllic locations. A perfect place for contemplation.

S5 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/5.0