Site Sponsors

Thread: Nikon Lenses for D3 tested

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Nikon Lenses for D3 tested

HI there
    I know nothing about this site, but I thought that the results were extremely interesting.
    Here's the link:

Nikon Lens Tests on D3

What's really interesting is how much better the new lenses do than the old (for instance, compare the popular 17-35 with the new zooms).

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nikon Lenses for D3 tested

Nice catch. Canon had better get on the stick.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

if only I could read French... I get the gist but not the nuances of the report. Still, he is using DXO Analyzer to test the lenses and not just his homemade test board (which would give him more credibility if he hadn't drawn the lines in crayon ).
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    HI there
    I know nothing about this site, but I thought that the results were extremely interesting.
    Here's the link:

Nikon Lens Tests on D3

What's really interesting is how much better the new lenses do than the old (for instance, compare the popular 17-35 with the new zooms).
    Damn

These French people have a different word for everything LOL

Woody

tph3723

You can translate it here:
    http://translate.google.com/translate_t?langpair=it|en

pascal_meheut

BTW, I know the guy. He is very nice and he really knows what he is talking about. He wrote books about photographic equipment and software (one about DxO) and has tested lenses for years now (I did it with him a few times).

He also uses the equipment on the field both to test it and to produce some good pictures...

If you need any help understanding the conclusions... But they are quite simple and already known: the 14-24 is incredible and the 24-70 is excellent. Others may vary...

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by pascal_meheut View Post
    BTW, I know the guy. He is very nice and he really knows what he is talking about. He wrote books about photographic equipment and software (one about DxO) and has tested lenses for years now (I did it with him a few times).

He also uses the equipment on the field both to test it and to produce some good pictures...

If you need any help understanding the conclusions... But they are quite simple and already known: the 14-24 is incredible and the 24-70 is excellent. Others may vary...
    HI Pascal
    Thank you for chipping in - I thought it seemed like he knew what he was doing (so little polemic).

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like

Was playing with a 14-24G in a local camera shop for 1st time yesterday (miracle they even had a copy on display). It's a fat sucker at the far end, but not as physically big as I'd thought. Nice handling. Made a nice compact combo with the D300 I had it bolted to.