The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon Macro Decision

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Andree, your pictures are outstanding, the first picture is just tooo funny ...
And what a clever choice having both the ZF Makro-Planar T* 2/100 and the 105mm VR Micro-Nikkor :D
~Steen

deepdiver

hahahaa Thx Bondo
I only use Nikon 105 VR for Underwater works only :)
for Land I use ZF 100/2 exclusively
:D

ANdree

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I settled in on the Zeiss 50mm F2 since i can use it for normal shooting also with just as nice results as the 50 1.4

Cindy how are you doing with the 105mm i sent you

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I settled in on the Zeiss 50mm F2 since i can use it for normal shooting also with just as nice results as the 50 1.4

Cindy how are you doing with the 105mm i sent you
I like it. (I was really happy to see Ray's comparison with the Zeiss.) I don't have all of my gear re-arranged yet and we just got to Wisconsin last week. It is still too early for much outdoor macro shooting here. I hope to have something to share soon.

etrigan63

Can anyone wax philosophically on the 60mm Micro-Nikkor (non-AFS vs. AFS)? I am looking to use it for portraits and close up product work. On my upcoming D300 it would be equivalent to a 90mm. I may be ale to pick one (non-AFS) up cheap at Best Buy with my birthday coupon.

Terry

Carlos,
I think it is more than just the the AF-S. The new 60 micro has the nano coating. I am not sure what that helps with on this particular lens. I think Guy has tested this lens and he generally wakes up pretty early so you could send him a PM.

Guy Mancuso

The new 60mm is very very nice . Sharp and does not hunt either but I had that and a Zeiss 50 1.4 and sold both for the Zeiss 50 f2 macro and it is even nicer than the other two. I do have my Zeiss 85 1.4 for sale if anyone is interested. I'm also having thoughts of selling my D300 and a lens to get a D3. I'm having lot's of thoughts lately, this is very dangerous when i start thinking.

Terry

The new 60mm is very very nice . Sharp and does not hunt either but I had that and a Zeiss 50 1.4 and sold both for the Zeiss 50 f2 macro and it is even nicer than the other two. I do have my Zeiss 85 1.4 for sale if anyone is interested. I'm also having thoughts of selling my D300 and a lens to get a D3. I'm having lot's of thoughts lately, this is very dangerous when i start thinking.
Going shooting now....back in a few hours what will Guy own when I come home????....kinda had the feeling with Stuart's thread running yesterday you were in trouble....another trouble maker on the forum is secretly trying to convince me that I lust after a D3...bionic arm needed first.

Guy Mancuso

Yea Cindy i keep seeing those D3 images and starting to get a itch. Thing is heavier than my MF setup . LOL

jonoslack

I'm also having thoughts of selling my D300 and a lens to get a D3. I'm having lot's of thoughts lately, this is very dangerous when i start thinking.
Guy, Terry
Perceived weight is about ergonomics and handling; it's much more important than 'real' weight.
I can easily carry the D3 with the 24-70 cradled in one hand for several hours (I do it most days).

Of course, I've never owned a D300, but I did own the D200, and I assume the handling is the same. Certainly the lens difficulty is the same.

Have you heard anyone say that the D300 IQ is up with the D3.

You KNOW it makes sense; BOTH of you!

It only takes a couple of clicks and a few digits and the D3 will be yours (you will want the 24-70 to go with it though).
:lecture::lecture:
:ROTFL::ROTFL:

etrigan63

Carlos,
I think it is more than just the the AF-S. The new 60 micro has the nano coating. I am not sure what that helps with on this particular lens. I think Guy has tested this lens and he generally wakes up pretty early so you could send him a PM.
Has Sean or anyone done a comparison shoot with this lens? I would like to see shots from both versions to see if the newer one is worth getting. Especially on a D300 if possible.