Site Sponsors
Page 10 of 106 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 500 of 5290

Thread: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

  1. #451
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    New lens. Don't tell my wife. It's not a nikon; but, I'm not sure about any Nikon Macros above the stellar 105mm VR. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

    1. D3s; Sigma 150mm f/2.8 Macro; 1/800s @ f/3.2: ISO 250


    2. D3s; Sigma 150mm f/2.8 Macro; 1/640s @ f/3.3: ISO 250

    2. D3s; Sigma 150mm f/2.8 Macro; 1/3200s @ f/3.3: ISO 250

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Excellent IQ On The Siggy Macro! Beautiful Grabs!

  2. #452
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Matt, just saw your flowers posted above while i was writing this. They're terrific.
    Particularly like the second and third one, for color, light, and the smooth transitions.





    (the "small monument" is simply an old roadside crucifix, the upper -significant- part having obviously been replaced more recently than its older, solid stone basis counterpart)

    He probably did I
    n fact, it was more the german army making the left turn heading northwest torwards Paris. A couple of times...

    Lot of war cemeteries in the area, mostly German. Some previous work in my GetDPI gallery here, with the D700/ZF21 : http://forum.getdpi.com/gallery/brow...?c=164&userid= ("WWI German Cemetery" sub-folder) ... Here's a more recent one with the D3X (sorry again for the large size... well i'd rather destroy only one thread page's layout at the time ):





    (it's my personal favorite from the new series (light was promising but had to wait a couple of jours to get exactly this exact angle)... i'll post some more at regular jpeg size in the gallery later on, for those interested)
    Extremely Powerful,Brilliantly Shot, Masterful Image Corlan!!!

  3. #453
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Rayyan: thanks. Ayesha is definitely a daring woman. Being "a bit" of the anxious type when it comes to the well-being of the loved ones (i've been once open-heartedly called a "global worrier" ), not sure i could endure sherpaing like you do. Kudos to you both.

    Your takes of the Matterhorn (i think) are original and perfectly illustrate the area. Well done.

  4. #454
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Rayyan , Another Pretty Smile On Ayesha & The Last 2 Shots....Take Your Breath Away...Magical,Stunning & Spiritual!!!

  5. #455
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Hey, thanks Steve!
    You're too kind, as always.

  6. #456
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Excellent IQ On The Siggy Macro! Beautiful Grabs!
    Yes indeed. Gorgeous.

  7. #457
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Due to the weather, we tried this:

    Ayesha also tried this from 14000 feet..

    We were waiting for clearer weather for this:

    Looked clearer in the morning..

    We were in Switzerland.
    Love Ayesha's adventurous spirit. (Which apparently matches your own!)

    Beautiful images of the Matterhorn. Looking forward to more of this adventure.

  8. #458
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    (the "small monument" is simply an old roadside crucifix, the upper -significant- part having obviously been replaced more recently than its older, solid stone basis counterpart)

    He probably did I
    n fact, it was more the german army making the left turn heading northwest torwards Paris. A couple of times...

    Lot of war cemeteries in the area, mostly German. Some previous work in my GetDPI gallery here, with the D700/ZF21 : http://forum.getdpi.com/gallery/brow...?c=164&userid= ("WWI German Cemetery" sub-folder) ... Here's a more recent one with the D3X (sorry again for the large size... well i'd rather destroy only one thread page's layout at the time ):

    (it's my personal favorite from the new series (light was promising but had to wait a couple of jours to get exactly this exact angle)... i'll post some more at regular jpeg size in the gallery later on, for those interested)
    Beautiful b/w image, and yet sobering at the same time.

  9. #459
    Senior Member otumay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    A few shots from Asklepion, the world's first psychiatric hospital built in honor of Asklepios, the god of healing. Patients included Hadrian, Marcus Aurelius, Caracalla. This site competes with the Acropolis in terms of historical importance in Pergamon. I distinctly remember feeling very good when I was there; the non-nonsense guy in me strived to find a scientific reason for this in vain.
    D700 and Nikkor 50/1.4
    Best,
    Osman







    The northern wall is double layered, utilizing the space between as insulation against heat loss:

  10. #460
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by otumay View Post
    A few shots from Asklepion, the world's first psychiatric hospital built in honor of Asklepios, the god of healing. Patients included Hadrian, Marcus Aurelius, Caracalla. This site competes with the Acropolis in terms of historical importance in Pergamon. I distinctly remember feeling very good when I was there; the non-nonsense guy in me strived to find a scientific reason for this in vain.
    D700 and Nikkor 50/1.4
    Best,
    Osman

    The northern wall is double layered, utilizing the space between as insulation against heat loss:
    Very interesting info, Osman. And beautiful shots. I've had similar experiences in places I've been. I finally stopped trying to find an explanation. By the way, which 50/1.4 is this? Is it the new one?

  11. #461
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Rayyan: thanks. Ayesha is definitely a daring woman. Being "a bit" of the anxious type when it comes to the well-being of the loved ones (i've been once open-heartedly called a "global worrier" ), not sure i could endure sherpaing like you do. Kudos to you both.

    Your takes of the Matterhorn (i think) are original and perfectly illustrate the area. Well done.
    Corian: Sincerely appreciate you stopping by.

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Rayyan , Another Pretty Smile On Ayesha & The Last 2 Shots....Take Your Breath Away...Magical,Stunning & Spiritual!!!
    Steve: Gracious as always. Thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Love Ayesha's adventurous spirit. (Which apparently matches your own!)

    Beautiful images of the Matterhorn. Looking forward to more of this adventure.
    Lloyd: Grateful to you sir.

  12. #462
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by otumay View Post
    A few shots from Asklepion, the world's first psychiatric hospital built in honor of Asklepios, the god of healing. Patients included Hadrian, Marcus Aurelius, Caracalla. This site competes with the Acropolis in terms of historical importance in Pergamon. I distinctly remember feeling very good when I was there; the non-nonsense guy in me strived to find a scientific reason for this in vain.
    D700 and Nikkor 50/1.4
    Best,
    Osman


    The northern wall is double layered, utilizing the space between as insulation against heat loss:
    Osman: Thanks for the accompanying narrative, which adds to the historical
    sites so beautifully depicted.

    Regards.

  13. #463
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Waiting for the milkman...


    Regards.

  14. #464
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Osman: Thanks for the accompanying narrative, which adds to the historical
    sites so beautifully depicted.
    +1.
    You simply take us there, Osman.


    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Waiting for the milkman...
    Another stunner, Rayyan.
    The well seasonned yet finely crafted milk bucket signs the photo. Contrasts, color separation, composition, all perfect.
    (and another Vermeer blue, btw)

  15. #465
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Excellent IQ On The Siggy Macro! Beautiful Grabs!
    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Rayyan , Another Pretty Smile On Ayesha & The Last 2 Shots....Take Your Breath Away...Magical,Stunning & Spiritual!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Yes indeed. Gorgeous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Love Ayesha's adventurous spirit. (Which apparently matches your own!)

    Beautiful images of the Matterhorn. Looking forward to more of this adventure.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Waiting for the milkman...


    Regards.
    Steve/Lloyd: Gentlemen, Thanks.
    Rayyan: +1, +1, What Steve and Lloyd said. "Waiting for the milkman" - another beautiful photo. The colors and light are perfect. You have a knack for capturing people in their environment. Some are openly acknowledging you and some seem unaware. Well done!

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  16. #466
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Rayyan: +1, +1, What Steve and Lloyd said. "Waiting for the milkman" - another beautiful photo. The colors and light are perfect. You have a knack for capturing people in their environment. Some are openly acknowledging you and some seem unaware. Well done!

    Cheers, Matt
    Yes, Rayyan. Matt (and Corlan) about said it exactly as I see it.

  17. #467
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by otumay View Post
    A few shots from Asklepion, the world's first psychiatric hospital built in honor of Asklepios, the god of healing. Patients included Hadrian, Marcus Aurelius, Caracalla. This site competes with the Acropolis in terms of historical importance in Pergamon. I distinctly remember feeling very good when I was there; the non-nonsense guy in me strived to find a scientific reason for this in vain.
    D700 and Nikkor 50/1.4
    Best,
    Osman



    The northern wall is double layered, utilizing the space between as insulation against heat loss:
    Osman: These are really interesting. Your photos and narrative bring Pergamon to life. Without going into the ethics and legitimacy of it, have you been to the Pergamonmuseum in Berlin? Thanks for sharing. Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  18. #468
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    More flowers. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

    1. D3s; Sigma 150mm f/2.8; 1/2000s @ f/4.2; ISO 250


    2. D3s; Sigma 150mm f/2.8; 1/1000s @ f/3.2; ISO 250


    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  19. #469
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    More flowers. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt
    Very pretty flowers. I'd say you've got a winner there with that new glass.

  20. #470
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Matt: hadn't noticed on the previous page that it was a new lens. Congrats.

    This Sigma is very interesting, as mentionned some time ago if not for the 105VR i'd probably go this way (incidentally the smaller 60/2.8D Micro-Nikkor is fantastic, and not only for macro).

    In my eyes your photos above esp the second one plainly illustrate the main quality of the Sig150 : tridimensionnality around the main focus area -here, the pistils. Color is generally very nice, too.
    Fall off smoothness, bokeh and 3D "over the whole frame" are more than ok -but imho there the 105 simply rules.

    Simple curiosity: did you crop these a little?


    Oh and btw: did your wife asked what the flowers you brought tonite were for?

  21. #471
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Lloyd: Thank you!

    Corlan: I agree with you on the 105mm VR (one of my favorite lenses). I wanted something a little longer and I'd heard reasonably good things about this lens. It's also relatively compact. I tried to find a Micro-Nikkor AF 70-180mm f/4.5-5.6D ED; but, appears to only be available from HK. Good idea. I'll get the flowers tomorrow night. Cheers, Matt

    Both are cropped. The second one is a crop of this photo:


    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  22. #472
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Lloyd: Thank you!

    Corlan: I agree with you on the 105mm VR (one of my favorite lenses). I wanted something a little longer and I'd heard reasonably good things about this lens. It's also relatively compact. I tried to find a Micro-Nikkor AF 70-180mm f/4.5-5.6D ED; but, appears to only be available from HK. Good idea. I'll get the flowers tomorrow night. Cheers, Matt

    Both are cropped. The second one is a crop of this photo:

    I too love the 105mm VR. I have a 70-180 f/4.5-5.6 ED, and it is, indeed a stellar lens. I'm actually considering putting it up for sale soon.

  23. #473
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Two shots taken with the Micro-Nikkor AF 70-180mm f/4.5-5.6D ED




  24. #474
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Two shots taken with the Micro-Nikkor AF 70-180mm f/4.5-5.6D ED



    Lloyd: Nice shots. Keep me pm'd on your lens. Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  25. #475
    Senior Member otumay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Thank you Lloyd. No, this is not the new 50/1.4 lens. I still haven't decided which to buy; Sigma or Nikkor.

  26. #476
    Senior Member otumay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Rayyan, Corlan, Matt: Thank you very kindly.
    No Matt, haven't been to the Pergamon Museum in Berlin yet. I understand from the pictures that it is well preserved.
    As for legitimacy and ethics of the subject; I think rulers of the Ottoman Empire are equally to blame, because they considered relics of the Antic Ages profane and looked the other way while they were taken out of the country. Thank you for bringing up the subject
    Best,
    Osman

  27. #477
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

    1. D3s; 24-70mm f/2.8; 70mm; 1/5000s @ f/2.8; ISO 320


    2. D3s; 24-70mm f/2.8; 24mm; 1/2500s @ f/2.8; ISO 320


    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  28. #478
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by otumay View Post
    Rayyan, Corlan, Matt: Thank you very kindly.
    No Matt, haven't been to the Pergamon Museum in Berlin yet. I understand from the pictures that it is well preserved.
    As for legitimacy and ethics of the subject; I think rulers of the Ottoman Empire are equally to blame, because they considered relics of the Antic Ages profane and looked the other way while they were taken out of the country. Thank you for bringing up the subject
    Best,
    Osman
    Osman: Good comments. I've only seen it in photos. Last time, I was in Berlin, i was working and couldn't get away. Cheers, Matt .

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  29. #479
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Matt, this Eagle fellow looks like the real life, boat equivalent of Pixar's Cars. You do have a sharp eye for detecting this kind of "expressions". I just keep looking back at it, and my better half on my side carries a large smile. Love the humorful spirit!

    (thanks for the confirmation about the slight crop)



    Lloyd: was not aware of that lens. Seems pretty good -you sure do a good job with it.

  30. #480
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post

    Another stunner, Rayyan.
    The well seasonned yet finely crafted milk bucket signs the photo. Contrasts, color separation, composition, all perfect.
    (and another Vermeer blue, btw)
    Corian: Much appreciated Corian; truly and sincerely.

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Steve/Lloyd: Gentlemen, Thanks.
    Rayyan: +1, +1, What Steve and Lloyd said. "Waiting for the milkman" - another beautiful photo. The colors and light are perfect. You have a knack for capturing people in their environment. Some are openly acknowledging you and some seem unaware. Well done!

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Matt: Honored my friend. Matt I very rarely take grab shots of people. Very rarely. Try and get to know them. Spend time with them. Forget about me.
    Go with what they were doing. Click. No secret; just be nice to people...
    works like a charm all around the world I have been too. I have to dig up
    my journey across the States. South, Mid, West, New York..never failed
    me. Make 'em feel you are no threat to them or theirs. Click.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Yes, Rayyan. Matt (and Corlan) about said it exactly as I see it.
    Lloyd: I honestly feel embarassed by the kindness you people show me.

    Best Regards.

  31. #481
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    More flowers. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Two shots taken with the Micro-Nikkor AF 70-180mm f/4.5-5.6D ED
    Matt, Lloyd: Vulgarly magnificent. Flowers cannot be captured that beautifully. Its a fake; fake I tell myself. But you guys do it routinely.

    Lovely work and thank you both for sharing.

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Matt: Droll; the smell of the water, the movement of the boats. the framing.
    I am there!

    Thanks for the sights and smell of the sea.

  32. #482
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    We were going where the electric pylons and the ski tracks would be a memory.



    It was a formidable climb. We had the greatest respect for the Alps.
    We failed...this time. We would be back. It will remember us as we shall
    remember it. We failed with honor. It won with dignity. The next time we
    shall be amongst friends. The Matterhorn is a tough hombre for sure.

  33. #483
    Senior Member Jason Muelver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Corlan, you're giving me severe D3X envy!!

    Rayran... Matterhorn, me thinks? Anywhere you haven't gone? We are thinking Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia in August. Any input from you fine folks?

    Shooting a wedding Sunday in one of my favorite locations in Chicago. Look for some good stuff early next week!!!

    For now, here's a few from a recent wedding....









    http://jasonedwardphoto.com http://jasonmuelver.tumblr.com
    Nikon FX, Leica M8, Mamiya 645, Canon F-1

  34. #484
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    It was a formidable climb.
    ...a formidable view, and a formidable photo.



    No majestic mountains here, just small hills... and some S-curves:




    .

  35. #485
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by otumay View Post
    A few shots from Asklepion, the world's first psychiatric hospital built in honor of Asklepios, the god of healing. Patients included Hadrian, Marcus Aurelius, Caracalla. This site competes with the Acropolis in terms of historical importance in Pergamon. I distinctly remember feeling very good when I was there; the non-nonsense guy in me strived to find a scientific reason for this in vain.
    D700 and Nikkor 50/1.4
    Best,
    Osman





    The northern wall is double layered, utilizing the space between as insulation against heat loss:
    Osman, Thanks for the history lesson & wonderful shots!

  36. #486
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Got some pylons too, though. Skytrails. And a tree.



  37. #487
    Senior Member otumay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Thanks Steve.

  38. #488
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Lloyd: Thank you!

    Corlan: I agree with you on the 105mm VR (one of my favorite lenses). I wanted something a little longer and I'd heard reasonably good things about this lens. It's also relatively compact. I tried to find a Micro-Nikkor AF 70-180mm f/4.5-5.6D ED; but, appears to only be available from HK. Good idea. I'll get the flowers tomorrow night. Cheers, Matt

    Both are cropped. The second one is a crop of this photo:


    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Two shots taken with the Micro-Nikkor AF 70-180mm f/4.5-5.6D ED



    You 2 are getting macro deep! Really Gorgeous Stuff Guy's!

  39. #489
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Muelver View Post
    Corlan, you're giving me severe D3X envy!!
    I know the feeling... for having salivated over this body since it's out there.




    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Muelver View Post
    For now, here's a few from a recent wedding....
    Sounds like a lot of fun (first shot is so lifelike)... and a bit emotional, too!

    .
    Last edited by Corlan F.; 28th May 2010 at 06:06.

  40. #490
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Muelver View Post
    Corlan, you're giving me severe D3X envy!!

    Rayran... Matterhorn, me thinks? Anywhere you haven't gone? We are thinking Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia in August. Any input from you fine folks?

    Shooting a wedding Sunday in one of my favorite locations in Chicago. Look for some good stuff early next week!!!

    For now, here's a few from a recent wedding....



    Excellent Captures Jason!

  41. #491
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    ...a formidable view, and a formidable photo.

    No majestic mountains here, just small hills... and some S-curves:


    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Got some pylons too, though. Skytrails. And a tree.

    Corian: Thank you. My friend, it is not the majestic mountains nor the small hills that matter. It is us, the travellers, and how we took those minute steps. Through the mountains or through the beautiful ' s' curves and bends
    of life.

    A perfect traveller's photo. The one where the traveller saw more than the small hill or sensed the purpose of the pylon.

    Regards.

  42. #492
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Excellent Captures Jason!
    Jason: +1, +1 to what Steve said. Did you do the ' Bhangda ' dance with them? Two places we ' want ' to visit and have not...Antartica and Mongolia.

    Beautiful wedding captures.

  43. #493
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Got some pylons too, though. Skytrails. And a tree.


    Like the lines,contrast & subtle clouds floating in the background. Nice Image C!

  44. #494
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    ...a formidable view, and a formidable photo.



    No majestic mountains here, just small hills... and some S-curves:




    .
    The road pulling you into the trees. The composition reminds me of lifes journey. Obstacles,Beauty & Uncertainty. Excellent , Corlan!

  45. #495
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Matt, this Eagle fellow looks like the real life, boat equivalent of Pixar's Cars. You do have a sharp eye for detecting this kind of "expressions". I just keep looking back at it, and my better half on my side carries a large smile. Love the humorful spirit!

    (thanks for the confirmation about the slight crop)
    Matt: LOL. That is really funny. I'm with Corlan. Well seen.

    Lloyd: was not aware of that lens. Seems pretty good -you sure do a good job with it.
    Corlan: Thank you. It is a marvelous lens. Very rare to find one for sale. I don't understand why Nikon quit producing this gem.

  46. #496
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    D700 + ZF 100mm Makro Planar




    Regards.

  47. #497
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Lloyd: I honestly feel embarassed by the kindness you people show me.

    Best Regards.
    We're grateful you're here with us, Rayyan. And your work is more than worthy of positive accolades.

    That said, I also find this an unusual forum. I've spent some time on others, and the attitudes there could not be more different. It's amazing to me what the relative anonymity of the the Internet somehow encourages people to do. I think that some folks may one day have their lack of decorum come back to haunt them... they're not as anonymous as they think!

    Here we have what I've called before a "mutual inspiration association". I'm grateful that's the case, and I draw on that constantly. Like I said, you sir, have become an important part of that association (very much on the "inspiration" part, and equally on the "mutual"), and I, for one, and glad you're here!

  48. #498
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    D700 + ZF 100mm Makro Planar

    Regards.
    Wow!!! That is a powerful portrait. Very hard to tell what those eyes are saying, but they are speaking loudly!

  49. #499
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    We're grateful you're here with us, Rayyan. And your work is more than worthy of positive accolades.

    That said, I also find this an unusual forum. I've spent some time on others, and the attitudes there could not be more different. It's amazing to me what the relative anonymity of the the Internet somehow encourages people to do. I think that some folks may one day have their lack of decorum come back to haunt them... they're not as anonymous as they think!

    Here we have what I've called before a "mutual inspiration association". I'm grateful that's the case, and I draw on that constantly. Like I said, you sir, have become an important part of that association (very much on the "inspiration" part, and equally on the "mutual"), and I, for one, and glad you're here!
    Well Said Brotha! Amen.

  50. #500
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    We were going where the electric pylons and the ski tracks would be a memory.



    It was a formidable climb. We had the greatest respect for the Alps.
    We failed...this time. We would be back. It will remember us as we shall
    remember it. We failed with honor. It won with dignity. The next time we
    shall be amongst friends. The Matterhorn is a tough hombre for sure.
    A lot of grandeur in that image, and more in the description. To fail with honor is only honor, not failure. Looking forward to the next chapter... whenever it occurs.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •