Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 106 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 5290

Thread: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

  1. #51
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Lloyd, Id wear a Pilgrim's Outfit B4 I'd wear a Yankees cap!
    I should hope, cuz. I should hope!! I'd wear pink tights and a tutu first.

  2. #52
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    I should hope, cuz. I should hope!! I'd wear pink tights and a tutu first.
    A True Sox Fan! Go Celtics!

  3. #53
    Senior Member otumay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Pink tights and a tutu? This would mean trouble on the streets of İstanbul, man! Which team requires that from its supporters?

  4. #54
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by otumay View Post
    Pink tights and a tutu? This would mean trouble on the streets of İstanbul, man! Which team requires that from its supporters?
    No team, Osman. I'm just saying that I'd rather do that than wear a Yankees cap. I'm a life-long Boston Red Sox fan.

  5. #55
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Steve, another addition to your list of awesome series. The furniture place might be a special place, or not, but i see it as another proof that the story lies before all in the eyes of the photographer. From negative space to layered and ghostly reflections, here the mind of the beholder is invited for some Lacanian interpellation.
    Way beyond, "despite" the last image, any mirror stage.




    Did i mention i like the photos, too?

  6. #56
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Steve, another addition to your list of awesome series. The furniture place might be a special place, or not, but i see it as another proof that the story lies before all in the eyes of the photographer. From negative space to layered and ghostly reflections, here the mind of the beholder is invited for some Lacanian interpellation.
    Way beyond, "despite" the last image, any mirror stage.




    Did i mention i like the photos, too?
    Thanks Corlan...I just got Lambasted on another forum for this series having "No Purpose"!?

    "Lacan, Jacques (1901–81), French psychoanalyst and writer. A notable poststructuralist, he reinterpreted Freudian psychoanalysis, esp. the theory of the unconscious, in the light of structural linguistics and anthropology."

    Corlan....Can You Interpret This In Forrest Gump To Me!?

  7. #57
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Thanks Corlan...I just got Lambasted on another forum for this series having "No Purpose"!?
    That's why i stick to posting here.
    Some might feel it's a move for easy praise, but sharing with a knoledgeable, smaller community of photographers without the underlying ego competition seen pretty much everywhere else does make sense, isn't it?
    And you still get your share of constructive criticism, reading between the lines -or not. Who cares for rudeness or inflating selves?


    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    "Lacan, Jacques (1901–81), French psychoanalyst and writer. A notable poststructuralist, he reinterpreted Freudian psychoanalysis, esp. the theory of the unconscious, in the light of structural linguistics and anthropology."

    Corlan....Can You Interpret This In Forrest Gump To Me!?
    Not a great fan of the wikithang, but on, some topics they get it right... here's an abstract of what they say (related to the above comment):

    "Interpellation is a concept used [...] to describe the process by which ideology addresses the (abstract) pre-ideological individual thus effectively producing him or her as subject proper. [...] against the classical definition of the subject as cause and substance: in other words, the situation always precedes the (individual or collective) subject [...] Althusser's argument here strongly draws from Jacques Lacan's concept of the Mirror stage. [...]Interpellation, Althusser's idea based on Lacan, specifically involves the moment and process of recognition of interaction with the ideology at hand. Foucault eschews the notion of ideology and his structuralist analytics are quite antithetical to Lacanian notions of Real, Symbolic, Imaginary."

    And about Mirror image: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror_stage


    In Forrest words?
    Well, Lloyd cornered the idea perfectly above: go and take the same last photo wearing a pink tights & tutu.
    Then not only you'll definitely step into Lacanian territory, but you'll probably altogether get a winner to get a flattering eulogy in the very same places where you got "lambasted"



    Seriously, i don't know about "purpose" (guess we could have a long discussion about the respective merits of "purpose" and "creative instinct" while communicating in visual form, well...), but the kinda undestated Lynchian touch in this series is more than enough to "interpellate" me -but not unlike Forrest (as you already know, my favourite movie character), i'm a simple guy.

    "We was always taking long walks, and we was always looking for a guy named "Charlie".

  8. #58
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    That's why i stick to posting here.
    Some might feel it's a move for easy praise, but sharing with a knoledgeable, smaller community of photographers without the underlying ego competition seen pretty much everywhere else does make sense, isn't it?
    And you still get your share of constructive criticism, reading between the lines -or not. Who cares for rudeness or inflating selves?




    Not a great fan of the wikithang, but on, some topics they get it right... here's an abstract of what they say (related to the above comment):

    "Interpellation is a concept used [...] to describe the process by which ideology addresses the (abstract) pre-ideological individual thus effectively producing him or her as subject proper. [...] against the classical definition of the subject as cause and substance: in other words, the situation always precedes the (individual or collective) subject [...] Althusser's argument here strongly draws from Jacques Lacan's concept of the Mirror stage. [...]Interpellation, Althusser's idea based on Lacan, specifically involves the moment and process of recognition of interaction with the ideology at hand. Foucault eschews the notion of ideology and his structuralist analytics are quite antithetical to Lacanian notions of Real, Symbolic, Imaginary."

    And about Mirror image: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror_stage


    In Forrest words?
    Well, Lloyd cornered the idea perfectly above: go and take the same last photo wearing a pink tights & tutu.
    Then not only you'll definitely step into Lacanian territory, but you'll probably altogether get a winner to get a flattering eulogy in the very same places where you got "lambasted"



    Seriously, i don't know about "purpose" (guess we could have a long discussion about the respective merits of "purpose" and "creative instinct" while communicating in visual form, well...), but the kinda undestated Lynchian touch in this series is more than enough to "interpellate" me -but not unlike Forrest (as you already know, my favourite movie character), i'm a simple guy.

    "We was always taking long walks, and we was always looking for a guy named "Charlie".
    Thanks Friend....

  9. #59
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Thanks Friend....
    Looking forward to the pink tutu version, now...


  10. #60
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Sort of a color or B&W thing. Thanks for looking. Now, I have to scroll up to my last post and carefully read the ones between this and that one. Cheers, Matt

    1. D3s; 16-35 f/4 VR; 16mm; 1/1250 @ f/4; ISO 320




    2. D3s; 16-35 f/4 VR; 35mm; 1/1250 @ f/4; ISO 320




    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  11. #61
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Thanks Matt. The title "Frightening" is in direct reference to what was staring back at me in the mirror!
    That's what frightened me too!

  12. #62
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    These were taken today in our yard. Beautiful sunny day in Seattle.. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

    1. D3s; 105mm f/2.8; 1/200s @ f/7.1; ISO 320


    2. D3s; 105mm f/2.8; 1/200s @ f/7.1; ISO 320


    3. D3s; 105mm f/2.8; 1/400s @ f/3; ISO 320


    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  13. #63
    Senior Member otumay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    No team, Osman. I'm just saying that I'd rather do that than wear a Yankees cap. I'm a life-long Boston Red Sox fan.
    I guessed it, Lloyd. Fierce competition here in soccer necessitates similar sayings. I guess it was more or less like that since the Byzantian times, where the rivalry between The Greens and The Blues in the hippodrome sometimes shook the whole capital. Today is The Day when it will be decided which team will win the National Super League; Fenerbahçe, the dominating team from İstanbul, or Trabzonspor, the strongest team from the Blacksea region.
    Guess what; I shall be out, armed with an M8 plus 35'cron and an cooperative smile.
    Best luck with your Red Sox, then.
    Osman

  14. #64
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    That's what frightened me too!

  15. #65
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Sort of a color or B&W thing. Thanks for looking. Now, I have to scroll up to my last post and carefully read the ones between this and that one. Cheers, Matt

    1. D3s; 16-35 f/4 VR; 16mm; 1/1250 @ f/4; ISO 320





    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    The color adds a nice element to Jr's naptime & the B&W adds a "Spanky & Our Gang, Little Rascals" theme that i like!

  16. #66
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    These were taken today in our yard. Beautiful sunny day in Seattle.. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

    1. D3s; 105mm f/2.8; 1/200s @ f/7.1; ISO 320


    2. D3s; 105mm f/2.8; 1/200s @ f/7.1; ISO 320



    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Sweet!

  17. #67
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    The color adds a nice element to Jr's naptime & the B&W adds a "Spanky & Our Gang, Little Rascals" theme that i like!
    I think that describes it well.

  18. #68
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    These were taken today in our yard. Beautiful sunny day in Seattle.. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

    1. D3s; 105mm f/2.8; 1/200s @ f/7.1; ISO 320

    Love it!

  19. #69
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Matt,
    i'm with the guys here and vote for the unsaturated color rendering, which brings out more detials and a lifelike feel to the scene.
    Btw, what's with the lady reflection on the right? Is she walking a dog, too? Maybe it's a good thing SPike's having his peaceful rest under the gentle sun...

    Nice flower shots btw, espeacially the first one.

  20. #70
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by otumay View Post
    I guessed it, Lloyd. Fierce competition here in soccer necessitates similar sayings. I guess it was more or less like that since the Byzantian times, where the rivalry between The Greens and The Blues in the hippodrome sometimes shook the whole capital. Today is The Day when it will be decided which team will win the National Super League; Fenerbahçe, the dominating team from İstanbul, or Trabzonspor, the strongest team from the Blacksea region.
    Guess what; I shall be out, armed with an M8 plus 35'cron and an cooperative smile.
    Best luck with your Red Sox, then.
    Osman
    Good luck out there today, Osman.

  21. #71
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    The color adds a nice element to Jr's naptime & the B&W adds a "Spanky & Our Gang, Little Rascals" theme that i like!
    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Sweet!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    I think that describes it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Love it!
    Steve/Lloyd: Thank you gentlemen! Today's gray and overcast.

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Matt,
    i'm with the guys here and vote for the unsaturated color rendering, which brings out more detials and a lifelike feel to the scene.
    Btw, what's with the lady reflection on the right? Is she walking a dog, too? Maybe it's a good thing SPike's having his peaceful rest under the gentle sun...

    Nice flower shots btw, espeacially the first one.
    Corlan: Thanks. I don't remember if she had a dog or a cane. Your tulip photo inspired me to go out in the yard and take a walk around the neighborhood!

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  22. #72
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by otumay View Post
    I guessed it, Lloyd. Fierce competition here in soccer necessitates similar sayings. I guess it was more or less like that since the Byzantian times, where the rivalry between The Greens and The Blues in the hippodrome sometimes shook the whole capital. Today is The Day when it will be decided which team will win the National Super League; Fenerbahçe, the dominating team from İstanbul, or Trabzonspor, the strongest team from the Blacksea region.
    Guess what; I shall be out, armed with an M8 plus 35'cron and an cooperative smile.
    Best luck with your Red Sox, then.
    Osman
    Osman: This matchup should create a lot of photo ops. Soccer fans (fan-natics) here are very boisterous and colorful. No doubt, that's even more so in Turkey. Have fun and stay safe. Looking forward to seeing your photos. Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com/p890968632

  23. #73
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,345
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Too many angry people in the Land of Smiles right now, so here's a little sunshine to remind us why some of us love this country after all

    D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 80mm and f/2.8



    Sorry for not posting much lately, but work is killing me (as you can see ).

  24. #74
    Workshop Member Woody Campbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    66

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Wednesday's post. D700 + 50mm 1.4G.


  25. #75
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Woody Campbell View Post
    Wednesday's post. D700 + 50mm 1.4G.
    Nice moment there, Woody.

  26. #76
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Too many angry people in the Land of Smiles right now, so here's a little sunshine to remind us why some of us love this country after all

    Sorry for not posting much lately, but work is killing me (as you can see ).
    That is some sunshine! Very nice. (I can see that this would be real drudgery!)

  27. #77
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,345
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Fantastic portrait and beautiful conversion, Woody.

    Here's some more of today's work; Smoker's Corner.

    D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 165mm and f/4.0


  28. #78
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Too many angry people in the Land of Smiles right now, so here's a little sunshine to remind us why some of us love this country after all

    D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 80mm and f/2.8



    Sorry for not posting much lately, but work is killing me (as you can see ).
    So Much Going On Over There. The Smiles Are Genuine & Needed! You Have A Wonderful Knack For Capturing These Moments!

  29. #79
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Woody...Excellent!

  30. #80
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Jorgen- less anger, more nice smiles. Sounds like a plan!


    Slick portrait Woody. Nice processing, too.

  31. #81
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Too many angry people in the Land of Smiles right now, so here's a little sunshine to remind us why some of us love this country after all

    Sorry for not posting much lately, but work is killing me (as you can see ).
    Jorgen: Nice to see you still have you humor. Great smiles.

    Quote Originally Posted by Woody Campbell View Post
    Wednesday's post. D700 + 50mm 1.4G.
    Woody: Nice capture, moment, and PP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Fantastic portrait and beautiful conversion, Woody.

    Here's some more of today's work; Smoker's Corner.

    D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 165mm and f/4.0

    Jorgen: Striking photo. Is that burning tires or a blown engine?

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  32. #82
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Visited the Port of Seattle today. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

    1. D3s; 24-70mm f/2.8; 24mm; 1/3200s @ f/2.8; ISO 320


    2. D3s; 24-70mm f/2.8; 70mm; 1/2500s @ f/2.8; ISO 320


    3. D3s; 24-70mm f/2.8; 44mm; 1/400s @ f/8; ISO 320


    4. D3s; 24-70mm f/2.8; 70mm; 1/8000s @ f/8; ISO 320


    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  33. #83
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Fantastic portrait and beautiful conversion, Woody.

    Here's some more of today's work; Smoker's Corner.

    D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 165mm and f/4.0
    Great shot, Jorgen.

  34. #84
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Visited the Port of Seattle today. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

    1. D3s; 24-70mm f/2.8; 24mm; 1/3200s @ f/2.8; ISO 320

    Very nice collection, Matt. I particularly like this first one... the moody clouds, and the framing and composition are excellent.

  35. #85
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Very nice collection, Matt. I particularly like this first one... the moody clouds, and the framing and composition are excellent.
    Lloyd: Thanks. That building to the right, in the distance, is the World Headquarters of the Evil Empire - Starbuck's.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  36. #86
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    etrigan63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Earth, Sol System (near Miami, FL)
    Posts
    2,501
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    No, the capital of the Evil Empire is several miles east of Seattle in Redmond, WA.
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO

  37. #87
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    etrigan63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Earth, Sol System (near Miami, FL)
    Posts
    2,501
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    The school magazine (where I teach) asked me to do their group photos. I set up my lights in the auditorium and had about 10 minutes to get all of the shots done. I liked them (the kids loved them - that's the important part) and I decided to share with you all as usual.



    The gallery is located here.
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO

  38. #88
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,345
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Thanks all. That's the tyres. It's from a drifting show competition. I suppose they use some kind of substance on the tyres to make more smoke.

    Matt, those harbour shots are excellent. Love the depth of the colours.

    Very nice job, Carlos.

  39. #89
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Visited the Port of Seattle today. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

    1. D3s; 24-70mm f/2.8; 24mm; 1/3200s @ f/2.8; ISO 320



    3. D3s; 24-70mm f/2.8; 44mm; 1/400s @ f/8; ISO 320


    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Excellent Shots & IQ!

  40. #90
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Nice Smiles Carlos!

  41. #91
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Matt, those harbour shots are excellent. Love the depth of the colours.
    +1.
    Matt, looks like you had a strange light in the harbour.



    Carlos, even more smiles on this page.
    Like the smaller group shots featured in the gallery a lot (#3's my favorite).

  42. #92
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Nice Smiles Carlos!
    +1 from here.

  43. #93
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by etrigan63 View Post
    No, the capital of the Evil Empire is several miles east of Seattle in Redmond, WA.
    Carlos: That's the "Good Witch of the North (East)" to us. Although, I am writing this on a MacBook Pro.

    Quote Originally Posted by etrigan63 View Post
    The school magazine (where I teach) asked me to do their group photos. I set up my lights in the auditorium and had about 10 minutes to get all of the shots done. I liked them (the kids loved them - that's the important part) and I decided to share with you all as usual.

    The gallery is located here.
    Carlos: Great shot. Excellent IQ and PP. I looked at your link. Corlan's right #3 is my favorite. Big height difference in the ladies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Thanks all. That's the tyres. It's from a drifting show competition. I suppose they use some kind of substance on the tyres to make more smoke.

    Matt, those harbour shots are excellent. Love the depth of the colours.

    Very nice job, Carlos.
    Jorgen: Thank you. Probably tough on the tires. Do you get points on smoke, graceful car movement, amount and pattern of rubber laid down? Also, looked at your blog. The Thai Rouge (little too much like Khmer Rouge for me!) at the tire barricade's a great photo, but, a little chilling. Stay safe.

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Excellent Shots & IQ!
    Steve: Thanks. The Port of Seattle (probably Government Ports everywhere) creates these "public access" points as part of their developments (think public service). They're impossible to find, poorly maintained, and you have to watch your back. But, they provide some interesting working port views. No Marlon Brandos with cargo hooks anymore. Longshoreman get $100k + a year and operate cranes and computers inside air conditioned spaces.

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    +1.
    Matt, looks like you had a strange light in the harbour.

    Carlos, even more smiles on this page.
    Like the smaller group shots featured in the gallery a lot (#3's my favorite).
    Corlan: Thanks. The light was interesting. Although, I need to re-work the Maersk Line photos, and take some new ones in the morning light. I think I used a bit too much fill light on those. The ones of the Eagle are more like the actual lighting. And, we do have a lot of microclimates in this city.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  44. #94
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Some more photos from the hyper PC/Non-PC burlesque show. I only photographed it! Cheers, Matt

    1. D3s: 24-70mm f/2.8; 70mm; 1/50s @ f/3.5; ISO 2200


    2. D3s: 24-70mm f/2.8; 70mm; 1/50s @ f/3.5; ISO 9000


    3. D3s: 24-70mm f/2.8; 24mm; 1/50s @ f/3.2; ISO 10000


    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  45. #95
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    1. D3s: 24-70mm f/2.8; 70mm; 1/50s @ f/3.5; ISO 2200



    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Matt,your wife took this picture of you?

  46. #96
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Some more photos from the hyper PC/Non-PC burlesque show. I only photographed it! Cheers, Matt


    2. D3s: 24-70mm f/2.8; 70mm; 1/50s @ f/3.5; ISO 9000



    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Really Deep Color! Super set Matt!

  47. #97
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Some more photos from the hyper PC/Non-PC burlesque show. I only photographed it! Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Steve: Who told you?

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Really Deep Color! Super set Matt!
    Steve: Thank you. I like the dynamic range of the D3s. The colors are pretty good out of the camera and then I screw with them.

    Cheers, Matt.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  48. #98
    Senior Member otumay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    I thought I'd throw in a few close-ups I've shot recently. All mushrooms.
    D700 with Nikkor 105/2.8
    Best,
    Osman








  49. #99
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by otumay View Post
    I thought I'd throw in a few close-ups I've shot recently. All mushrooms.
    D700 with Nikkor 105/2.8
    Best,
    Osman
    Wow. Osman, those are beautiful images.

  50. #100
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by otumay View Post
    I thought I'd throw in a few close-ups I've shot recently. All mushrooms.
    D700 with Nikkor 105/2.8
    Best,
    Osman



    Im partial to these 2 "shrooms" Osman. Nice light & glow on the 2nd one!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •