Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 106 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Lloyd, Id wear a Pilgrim's Outfit B4 I'd wear a Yankees cap!
    I should hope, cuz. I should hope!! I'd wear pink tights and a tutu first.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    I should hope, cuz. I should hope!! I'd wear pink tights and a tutu first.
    A True Sox Fan! Go Celtics!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Pink tights and a tutu? This would mean trouble on the streets of İstanbul, man! Which team requires that from its supporters?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otumay View Post
    Pink tights and a tutu? This would mean trouble on the streets of İstanbul, man! Which team requires that from its supporters?
    No team, Osman. I'm just saying that I'd rather do that than wear a Yankees cap. I'm a life-long Boston Red Sox fan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Steve, another addition to your list of awesome series. The furniture place might be a special place, or not, but i see it as another proof that the story lies before all in the eyes of the photographer. From negative space to layered and ghostly reflections, here the mind of the beholder is invited for some Lacanian interpellation.
    Way beyond, "despite" the last image, any mirror stage.

Did i mention i like the photos, too?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Steve, another addition to your list of awesome series. The furniture place might be a special place, or not, but i see it as another proof that the story lies before all in the eyes of the photographer. From negative space to layered and ghostly reflections, here the mind of the beholder is invited for some Lacanian interpellation.
    Way beyond, "despite" the last image, any mirror stage.

Did i mention i like the photos, too?
    Thanks Corlan...I just got Lambasted on another forum for this series having "No Purpose"!?

"Lacan, Jacques (1901–81), French psychoanalyst and writer. A notable poststructuralist, he reinterpreted Freudian psychoanalysis, esp. the theory of the unconscious, in the light of structural linguistics and anthropology."

Corlan....Can You Interpret This In Forrest Gump To Me!?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Corlan...I just got Lambasted on another forum for this series having "No Purpose"!?
    That's why i stick to posting here.
    Some might feel it's a move for easy praise, but sharing with a knoledgeable, smaller community of photographers without the underlying ego competition seen pretty much everywhere else does make sense, isn't it?
    And you still get your share of constructive criticism, reading between the lines -or not. Who cares for rudeness or inflating selves?

"Lacan, Jacques (1901–81), French psychoanalyst and writer. A notable poststructuralist, he reinterpreted Freudian psychoanalysis, esp. the theory of the unconscious, in the light of structural linguistics and anthropology."

Corlan....Can You Interpret This In Forrest Gump To Me!?
    Not a great fan of the wikithang, but on, some topics they get it right... here's an abstract of what they say (related to the above comment):

"Interpellation is a concept used [...] to describe the process by which ideology addresses the (abstract) pre-ideological individual thus effectively producing him or her as subject proper. [...] against the classical definition of the subject as cause and substance: in other words, the situation always precedes the (individual or collective) subject [...] Althusser's argument here strongly draws from Jacques Lacan's concept of the Mirror stage. [...]Interpellation, Althusser's idea based on Lacan, specifically involves the moment and process of recognition of interaction with the ideology at hand. Foucault eschews the notion of ideology and his structuralist analytics are quite antithetical to Lacanian notions of Real, Symbolic, Imaginary."

And about Mirror image: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror_stage

In Forrest words?
    Well, Lloyd cornered the idea perfectly above: go and take the same last photo wearing a pink tights & tutu.
    Then not only you'll definitely step into Lacanian territory, but you'll probably altogether get a winner to get a flattering eulogy in the very same places where you got "lambasted"

Seriously, i don't know about "purpose" (guess we could have a long discussion about the respective merits of "purpose" and "creative instinct" while communicating in visual form, well...), but the kinda undestated Lynchian touch in this series is more than enough to "interpellate" me -but not unlike Forrest (as you already know, my favourite movie character), i'm a simple guy.

"We was always taking long walks, and we was always looking for a guy named "Charlie".

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

That's why i stick to posting here.
    Some might feel it's a move for easy praise, but sharing with a knoledgeable, smaller community of photographers without the underlying ego competition seen pretty much everywhere else does make sense, isn't it?
    And you still get your share of constructive criticism, reading between the lines -or not. Who cares for rudeness or inflating selves?

Not a great fan of the wikithang, but on, some topics they get it right... here's an abstract of what they say (related to the above comment):

"Interpellation is a concept used [...] to describe the process by which ideology addresses the (abstract) pre-ideological individual thus effectively producing him or her as subject proper. [...] against the classical definition of the subject as cause and substance: in other words, the situation always precedes the (individual or collective) subject [...] Althusser's argument here strongly draws from Jacques Lacan's concept of the Mirror stage. [...]Interpellation, Althusser's idea based on Lacan, specifically involves the moment and process of recognition of interaction with the ideology at hand. Foucault eschews the notion of ideology and his structuralist analytics are quite antithetical to Lacanian notions of Real, Symbolic, Imaginary."

And about Mirror image: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror_stage

In Forrest words?
    Well, Lloyd cornered the idea perfectly above: go and take the same last photo wearing a pink tights & tutu.
    Then not only you'll definitely step into Lacanian territory, but you'll probably altogether get a winner to get a flattering eulogy in the very same places where you got "lambasted"

Seriously, i don't know about "purpose" (guess we could have a long discussion about the respective merits of "purpose" and "creative instinct" while communicating in visual form, well...), but the kinda undestated Lynchian touch in this series is more than enough to "interpellate" me -but not unlike Forrest (as you already know, my favourite movie character), i'm a simple guy.

"We was always taking long walks, and we was always looking for a guy named "Charlie".
    Thanks Friend....

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Friend....
    Looking forward to the pink tutu version, now...

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Sort of a color or B&W thing. Thanks for looking. Now, I have to scroll up to my last post and carefully read the ones between this and that one. Cheers, Matt

1. D3s; 16-35 f/4 VR; 16mm; 1/1250 @ f/4; ISO 320

2. D3s; 16-35 f/4 VR; 35mm; 1/1250 @ f/4; ISO 320

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Matt. The title "Frightening" is in direct reference to what was staring back at me in the mirror!
    That's what frightened me too!

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

These were taken today in our yard. Beautiful sunny day in Seattle.. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. D3s; 105mm f/2.8; 1/200s @ f/7.1; ISO 320

2. D3s; 105mm f/2.8; 1/200s @ f/7.1; ISO 320

3. D3s; 105mm f/2.8; 1/400s @ f/3; ISO 320

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

No team, Osman. I'm just saying that I'd rather do that than wear a Yankees cap. I'm a life-long Boston Red Sox fan.
    I guessed it, Lloyd. Fierce competition here in soccer necessitates similar sayings. I guess it was more or less like that since the Byzantian times, where the rivalry between The Greens and The Blues in the hippodrome sometimes shook the whole capital. Today is The Day when it will be decided which team will win the National Super League; Fenerbahçe, the dominating team from İstanbul, or Trabzonspor, the strongest team from the Blacksea region.
    Guess what; I shall be out, armed with an M8 plus 35'cron and an cooperative smile.
    Best luck with your Red Sox, then.
    Osman

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    That's what frightened me too!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Sort of a color or B&W thing. Thanks for looking. Now, I have to scroll up to my last post and carefully read the ones between this and that one. Cheers, Matt

1. D3s; 16-35 f/4 VR; 16mm; 1/1250 @ f/4; ISO 320

The color adds a nice element to Jr's naptime & the B&W adds a "Spanky & Our Gang, Little Rascals" theme that i like!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

These were taken today in our yard. Beautiful sunny day in Seattle.. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

2. D3s; 105mm f/2.8; 1/200s @ f/7.1; ISO 320

Sweet!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

The color adds a nice element to Jr's naptime & the B&W adds a "Spanky & Our Gang, Little Rascals" theme that i like!
    I think that describes it well.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Love it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Matt,
    i'm with the guys here and vote for the unsaturated color rendering, which brings out more detials and a lifelike feel to the scene.
    Btw, what's with the lady reflection on the right? Is she walking a dog, too? Maybe it's a good thing SPike's having his peaceful rest under the gentle sun...

Nice flower shots btw, espeacially the first one.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I guessed it, Lloyd. Fierce competition here in soccer necessitates similar sayings. I guess it was more or less like that since the Byzantian times, where the rivalry between The Greens and The Blues in the hippodrome sometimes shook the whole capital. Today is The Day when it will be decided which team will win the National Super League; Fenerbahçe, the dominating team from İstanbul, or Trabzonspor, the strongest team from the Blacksea region.
    Guess what; I shall be out, armed with an M8 plus 35'cron and an cooperative smile.
    Osman
    Good luck out there today, Osman.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet!
    I think that describes it well.
    Love it!
    Steve/Lloyd: Thank you gentlemen! Today's gray and overcast.

Matt,
    i'm with the guys here and vote for the unsaturated color rendering, which brings out more detials and a lifelike feel to the scene.
    Btw, what's with the lady reflection on the right? Is she walking a dog, too? Maybe it's a good thing SPike's having his peaceful rest under the gentle sun...

Nice flower shots btw, espeacially the first one.
    Corlan: Thanks. I don't remember if she had a dog or a cane. Your tulip photo inspired me to go out in the yard and take a walk around the neighborhood!

Cheers, Matt

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Osman
    Osman: This matchup should create a lot of photo ops. Soccer fans (fan-natics) here are very boisterous and colorful. No doubt, that's even more so in Turkey. Have fun and stay safe. Looking forward to seeing your photos. Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com/p890968632

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Too many angry people in the Land of Smiles right now, so here's a little sunshine to remind us why some of us love this country after all

D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 80mm and f/2.8

Sorry for not posting much lately, but work is killing me (as you can see ).

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Wednesday's post. D700 + 50mm 1.4G.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Campbell View Post
    Nice moment there, Woody.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Too many angry people in the Land of Smiles right now, so here's a little sunshine to remind us why some of us love this country after all

That is some sunshine! Very nice. (I can see that this would be real drudgery!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Fantastic portrait and beautiful conversion, Woody.

Here's some more of today's work; Smoker's Corner.

D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 165mm and f/4.0

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 80mm and f/2.8

So Much Going On Over There. The Smiles Are Genuine & Needed! You Have A Wonderful Knack For Capturing These Moments!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Woody...Excellent!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jorgen- less anger, more nice smiles. Sounds like a plan!

Slick portrait Woody. Nice processing, too.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Jorgen: Nice to see you still have you humor. Great smiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Campbell View Post
    Woody: Nice capture, moment, and PP.

Jorgen: Striking photo. Is that burning tires or a blown engine?

Cheers, Matt

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Visited the Port of Seattle today. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. D3s; 24-70mm f/2.8; 24mm; 1/3200s @ f/2.8; ISO 320

2. D3s; 24-70mm f/2.8; 70mm; 1/2500s @ f/2.8; ISO 320

3. D3s; 24-70mm f/2.8; 44mm; 1/400s @ f/8; ISO 320

4. D3s; 24-70mm f/2.8; 70mm; 1/8000s @ f/8; ISO 320

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Great shot, Jorgen.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice collection, Matt. I particularly like this first one... the moody clouds, and the framing and composition are excellent.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice collection, Matt. I particularly like this first one... the moody clouds, and the framing and composition are excellent.
    Lloyd: Thanks. That building to the right, in the distance, is the World Headquarters of the Evil Empire - Starbuck's.

Cheers, Matt

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

No, the capital of the Evil Empire is several miles east of Seattle in Redmond, WA.
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The school magazine (where I teach) asked me to do their group photos. I set up my lights in the auditorium and had about 10 minutes to get all of the shots done. I liked them (the kids loved them - that's the important part) and I decided to share with you all as usual.

The gallery is located here.
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks all. That's the tyres. It's from a drifting show competition. I suppose they use some kind of substance on the tyres to make more smoke.

Matt, those harbour shots are excellent. Love the depth of the colours.

Very nice job, Carlos.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

3. D3s; 24-70mm f/2.8; 44mm; 1/400s @ f/8; ISO 320

Excellent Shots & IQ!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice Smiles Carlos!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

+1.
    Matt, looks like you had a strange light in the harbour.

Carlos, even more smiles on this page.
    Like the smaller group shots featured in the gallery a lot (#3's my favorite).

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice Smiles Carlos!
    +1 from here.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by etrigan63 View Post
    No, the capital of the Evil Empire is several miles east of Seattle in Redmond, WA.
    Carlos: That's the "Good Witch of the North (East)" to us. Although, I am writing this on a MacBook Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by etrigan63 View Post
    The school magazine (where I teach) asked me to do their group photos. I set up my lights in the auditorium and had about 10 minutes to get all of the shots done. I liked them (the kids loved them - that's the important part) and I decided to share with you all as usual.

The gallery is located here.
    Carlos: Great shot. Excellent IQ and PP. I looked at your link. Corlan's right #3 is my favorite. Big height difference in the ladies.

Thanks all. That's the tyres. It's from a drifting show competition. I suppose they use some kind of substance on the tyres to make more smoke.

Very nice job, Carlos.
    Jorgen: Thank you. Probably tough on the tires. Do you get points on smoke, graceful car movement, amount and pattern of rubber laid down? Also, looked at your blog. The Thai Rouge (little too much like Khmer Rouge for me!) at the tire barricade's a great photo, but, a little chilling. Stay safe.

Excellent Shots & IQ!
    Steve: Thanks. The Port of Seattle (probably Government Ports everywhere) creates these "public access" points as part of their developments (think public service). They're impossible to find, poorly maintained, and you have to watch your back. But, they provide some interesting working port views. No Marlon Brandos with cargo hooks anymore. Longshoreman get $100k + a year and operate cranes and computers inside air conditioned spaces.

+1.
    Matt, looks like you had a strange light in the harbour.

Carlos, even more smiles on this page.
    Like the smaller group shots featured in the gallery a lot (#3's my favorite).
    Corlan: Thanks. The light was interesting. Although, I need to re-work the Maersk Line photos, and take some new ones in the morning light. I think I used a bit too much fill light on those. The ones of the Eagle are more like the actual lighting. And, we do have a lot of microclimates in this city.

Cheers, Matt

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Some more photos from the hyper PC/Non-PC burlesque show. I only photographed it! Cheers, Matt

1. D3s: 24-70mm f/2.8; 70mm; 1/50s @ f/3.5; ISO 2200

2. D3s: 24-70mm f/2.8; 70mm; 1/50s @ f/3.5; ISO 9000

3. D3s: 24-70mm f/2.8; 24mm; 1/50s @ f/3.2; ISO 10000

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

1. D3s: 24-70mm f/2.8; 70mm; 1/50s @ f/3.5; ISO 2200

Matt,your wife took this picture of you?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Some more photos from the hyper PC/Non-PC burlesque show. I only photographed it! Cheers, Matt

2. D3s: 24-70mm f/2.8; 70mm; 1/50s @ f/3.5; ISO 9000

Really Deep Color! Super set Matt!

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Steve: Who told you?

Really Deep Color! Super set Matt!
    Steve: Thank you. I like the dynamic range of the D3s. The colors are pretty good out of the camera and then I screw with them.

Cheers, Matt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I thought I'd throw in a few close-ups I've shot recently. All mushrooms.
    D700 with Nikkor 105/2.8
    Best,
    Osman

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

D700 with Nikkor 105/2.8
    Best,
    Osman
    Wow. Osman, those are beautiful images.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

D700 with Nikkor 105/2.8
    Best,
    Osman

Im partial to these 2 "shrooms" Osman. Nice light & glow on the 2nd one!