Site Sponsors
Page 26 of 106 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,300 of 5290

Thread: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Corlan: Thanks for letting us know about John Stovall. I didn't really know him, but, i always enjoyed his posts and his attitude and style as seen in this forum.

Cheers, Matt

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

When I came to work yesterday, I was surprised to see a rope across my parking spaces. It turns out that my new office is on the route for the Fremont Solstice Parade put on by the Fremont Arts Council. I've lived here most of my life and I've never seen it! Last year, my daughter and some friends flew in from Maryland, just for the parade and street fair. That should have been a clue.

It was a unique experience. The parade starts with painted nude bicylists of both sexes (maybe 150 +/- and then 3 hrs of floats, dances, bands, anything goes. Here's a few of the censored photos (all with the Ds3 and 100-300mm VR). More uncensored ones can be found here: http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com/p227269964 I'm at work now, trying to do what i didn't do yesterday. It's 55 deg. F and pouring rain. Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Matt, looks indeed like a "unique experience". Maybe a bit disconnected from the event flavor, the last BW here is super nice. Had a look at the whole gallery, #18 and 19 are also on top of my list.

Thanks Steve, Lloyd, Rayyan.

Rayyan, nice composition on the church (St Nicholas in Prague?) photo! One of the very best i've seen from it

Last edited by Corlan F.; 20th June 2010 at 14:02.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    When I came to work yesterday, I was surprised to see a rope across my parking spaces. It turns out that my new office is on the route for the Fremont Solstice Parade put on by the Fremont Arts Council. I've lived here most of my life and I've never seen it! Last year, my daughter and some friends flew in from Maryland, just for the parade and street fair. That should have been a clue.

It was a unique experience. The parade starts with painted nude bicylists of both sexes (maybe 150 +/- and then 3 hrs of floats, dances, bands, anything goes. Here's a few of the censored photos (all with the Ds3 and 100-300mm VR). More uncensored ones can be found here: http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com/p227269964 I'm at work now, trying to do what i didn't do yesterday. It's 55 deg. F and pouring rain. Cheers, Matt
    Does look like a lot of fun. I enjoyed the entire gallery as well. A little rain yesterday might have changed the perspectives a bit, eh?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Matt: Great shots here and ' there ' Once again you bring to us Seattle.
    In a way that living there too might not show us. Of course, excellent photography adds to the pleasure.

Thank you.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post

Rayyan, nice composition on the church (St Nicholas in Prague?) photo! One of the very best i've seen from it
    Corian: Thank you very much my friend. Prague, yes. St. Nicolas, I don't know. Beautiful architecture.

Regards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Recently posted a couple of shots taken -on the side- from that session... requirements on this assignment was to impart a natural feel for a fair trade, environnemental minded line (summer ad campaign). So we shot outside, under a fair sun (had to rush considering the weather we had lately...)
    Here's one from the commercial shoot. Final version being similar, with just a cleaner background & using a tripod. But it gives a fair idea, and represents a typical example where the D3X shines for products work -i think.

(with the ZF50/2M - the final file printed flawlessly up to 40")

Post Thanks / Like

I've returned from my Europe trip today and I see lots of good photos has been posted recently here! So I have to catch up and here's some photos from Barcelona (D3x, 14-24/2.8):

BTW, 95% of this trip's photographs taken with 14-24/2.8 lens. I almost found 24-74/2.8 useless for such a trip - Europe is mostly "compact" and superwide to wide lens really comes handy. On the other hand it's the most usable range for landscapes for me, so I used it for that too. I have to say I used my LF gear much less than before probably because I was with my wife and 1 y.o. daughter which was great except our daily plans changed all the time While I'm happy with the D3x I have a slow-emerging need of MF digital something

Anyways, the trip was great and I'll be posting more later this week.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Very lovely friend. Looks like a good evening. I hope that was the case.
    Jason: +1 (w/o any innuendo). Nice photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    In Canon forums, there are discussions about back focus all the time. Finally, I have a lens that can do that on a Nikon as well
    D80 with 80-200 AF-S and TC-20EIII @ 400mm and f/5.6
    Jorgen: Well focused!

Quote Originally Posted by otumay View Post
    Just back from a week-long trip to the western Black Sea region and, as expected, upon returning, found marvelous shots here.
    One thing puzzled me though; I can see Rayyan's posts, but no images whatsoever. All shots by other contributors appear normally, but Rayyan's posts only contain his texts - which are also fabulous - but no images.
    Osman: Will we see some photos from your trip? Another exotic (by my stds. anyway) location.

Sunday was christening day.
    Not everyone was focused on the main attraction, though.
    Some had fun:
    Didn't forget my friend Steve, though...
    One last from Sunday, along the SE church wall/buttress:

( is it "buttress"? Matt will correct me )
    Corlan: Looks like a nice low key christening. all were wonderful; but, the first one especially. Sort of a Norman rockwell moment. Beautiful flower on the buttress.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Muelver View Post
    Rain rain, go away....
    Jason: Rain. I like this one a lot.

Cheers, Matt

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    I know of a world famous photog. You know of him too. Way, way above my meagre talents. Iconic images . A true master photographer of our age. I admire him. Try to emulate his works.
    I have one small advantage over him. My photos might not be as good. But
    I can go where he cannot venture. At least not close enough. Even if he tried. I can relate to some people. He can't.
    You see for him it shall always be a job. For me, it is a part of my daily life.
    Prayer Time.
    I have my advantage. Let me see yours. Not the photos. The advantage. Your images will take care of themselves.
    I would sit looking at the clouds. Sometimes I wished they would visit me.
    I knew what I would say to them....
    Sometimes the clouds came to visit me. I forgot what I wanted to say.
    I became a child. Played with them. Tried to catch them. My eyes were filled
    with wonder.
    But I was an adult. The wonder went away.
    I had a date this evening. We had met yesterday. I loved what I saw.
    Not too much cost either. Coffee, maybe dinner, and then to bed. Great.
    Johann, the bar owner, came to know me. I could sit as long as I wanted.
    I requested black coffee. And waited...
    I was in Gamla Stan, Stockholm.
    I was waiting for the sun to set. It would be a wonderful evening.
    The show was for free.
    Rayyan: Advantage Rayyan. Beautiful photos and narrative. The portrait suggests the desert with it's contrast. Beautiful, framing, colors and PP in these last two. The clock tower photo is very balanced w/o any negative perspective distortion.

Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Stark Images With Excellent Juxtapositions. The Sky Show's Light, While The Earth Show's Darkness. Good & Bad. Yin & Yang. Life & Death. Grey Matter In The Middle. Well Shot My Friend.
    Corlan: +1. Steve said it very well.

Simple is what works! Happy Father's Day To Some Of The Coolest Cat's On The Entire Net! Lovely Photo C!
    Corlan: +1. again, I'll defer to Steve.

Cheers, Matt

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Matt, looks indeed like a "unique experience". Maybe a bit disconnected from the event flavor, the last BW here is super nice. Had a look at the whole gallery, #18 and 19 are also on top of my list....
    Does look like a lot of fun. I enjoyed the entire gallery as well. A little rain yesterday might have changed the perspectives a bit, eh?
    Matt: Great shots here and ' there ' Once again you bring to us Seattle.
    In a way that living there too might not show us. Of course, excellent photography adds to the pleasure. Thank you.
    Gentlemen: Thank you. I'll probably add another 50+/- photos to that gallery and put them in parade sequence. I'd like to capture the "flavor" of the event. Some, I'll post here. I don't want to offend. The body painting cyclists have evolved into an art form. And, the parade and street fair are all about art. Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfoio.com

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Recently posted a couple of shots taken -on the side- from that session... requirements on this assignment was to impart a natural feel for a fair trade, environnemental minded line (summer ad campaign). So we shot outside, under a fair sun (had to rush considering the weather we had lately...)
    Here's one from the commercial shoot. Final version being similar, with just a cleaner background & using a tripod. But it gives a fair idea, and represents a typical example where the D3X shines for products work -i think.

Corlan: Super photo. It looks perfect. Probably very striking in a 40" print.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLF View Post
    I've returned from my Europe trip today and I see lots of good photos has been posted recently here! So I have to catch up and here's some photos from Barcelona (D3x, 14-24/2.8):

BTW, 95% of this trip's photographs taken with 14-24/2.8 lens. I almost found 24-74/2.8 useless for such a trip - Europe is mostly "compact" and superwide to wide lens really comes handy. On the other hand it's the most usable range for landscapes for me, so I used it for that too. I have to say I used my LF gear much less than before probably because I was with my wife and 1 y.o. daughter which was great except our daily plans changed all the time While I'm happy with the D3x I have a slow-emerging need of MF digital something

Anyways, the trip was great and I'll be posting more later this week.
    Alex: Stunning photos! Looking forward to more.

Cheers, Matt

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks Like A Fun Time Was Had By All! Like These 2 Very Much Matt!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F.;221495
    [IMG
    http://forum.getdpi.com/gallery/files/2/9/6/2/clf_3637_small_232795.jpg[/IMG]

Serious Image Quality My Friend!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Alex...Agree With Matt..3 Stunning Photos!

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Looks Like A Fun Time Was Had By All! Like These 2 Very Much Matt!
    Steve: Thank you, sir. I took a lot of photos of those dancers for some reason? I'm also going to have to look at where that family photo was in the parade sequence. I'd like to see what the "men" were looking at to the right and left. The one in the middle was giving me the eye.

Cheers, Matt

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I know of a world famous photog. You know of him too. Way, way above my meagre talents. Iconic images . A true master photographer of our age. I admire him. Try to emulate his works.

I have one small advantage over him. My photos might not be as good. But
    I can go where he cannot venture. At least not close enough. Even if he tried. I can relate to some people. He can't.

You see for him it shall always be a job. For me, it is a part of my daily life.

Prayer Time.

I have my advantage. Let me see yours. Not the photos. The advantage. Your images will take care of themselves.
    Another powerful image Rayyan. And a very thought-provoking concept. One that will require some thought.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, what amazing words and descriptions. I agree, Rayyan, that photography is part of my life, not my job. THe times that I have taken on the job-aspect of photography, I lost some of the enjoyment, some of the fun. This is why I keep this firmly as a hobby.
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thank you Matt, shots of the recent trip will be ready in a few days.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Matt, shots of the recent trip will be ready in a few days.
    Osman: Great. Saves on airfare! Cheers, Matt

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Many fantastic photos here the last few days. I particularly like the ones posted by Rayyan and Alex. Great work!

Here are a few from this weekend at the race circuit. That seems to be my life for the time being; five days in front of the computer and two at the pit lane.

D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 165mm and f/2.8

S5 with 80-200 AF-S @ 80mm and f/3.2

D80 with Tamron 17-50 @ 17mm and f/8

S5 with 80-200 AF-S @ 185mm and f/3.2

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Rayyan:

Advantage Rayyan. Beautiful photos and narrative. The portrait suggests the desert with it's contrast. Beautiful, framing, colors and PP in these last two. The clock tower photo is very balanced w/o any negative perspective distortion.

Cheers, Matt

Matt: Seattle. Advantage Matt. Thanks.

Another powerful image Rayyan. And a very thought-provoking concept. One that will require some thought.
    Lloyd: Thank you my friend. Simple people. Simple things. Simple photo.

Quote Originally Posted by ashwinrao1 View Post

Wow, what amazing words and descriptions. I agree, Rayyan, that photography is part of my life, not my job. THe times that I have taken on the job-aspect of photography, I lost some of the enjoyment, some of the fun. This is why I keep this firmly as a hobby.
    Ashwin: You are very kind Ashwin. I too find that keeping it as fun and a hobby, helps me along the way.

A very big thanks to you all.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Corian: A brilliant, clean, simple uncluttered product shot. I love the mug, and the environment friendly coffee beans in orbit!!

Excellent, my friend.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Things are getting hazy now. I remember my grandma. I would sit on her lap.

I would ask her to tell me stories. Grandma weave me a story, I would say.

It was a long long time ago. I miss my grandma.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

There has been a lot of weather in this country. Here's a little portion of it:

S5 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/3.2

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Things are getting hazy now. I remember my grandma. I would sit on her lap.

I would ask her to tell me stories. Grandma weave me a story, I would say.

It was a long long time ago. I miss my grandma.

Radiates Love,Compassion,Wisdom,Strife...Rayyan...This Image Is One Of My All Time Favorites From You! We Come Together As A Group Of Friend's With A Strong Mutual Interest To Document Our Journey. Im Fortunate To Be A Part Of This Special, Enlightening & Giving Circle!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

There has been a lot of weather in this country. Here's a little portion of it:

Love Everything About This Shot Jorgen!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

... and some rain.

S5 with 80-200 AF-S @ 135mm and f/3.2

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jørgen, 'Rain' is sublime! Thank you...

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Radiates Love,Compassion,Wisdom,Strife...Rayyan...This Image Is One Of My All Time Favorites From You! We Come Together As A Group Of Friend's With A Strong Mutual Interest To Document Our Journey. Im Fortunate To Be A Part Of This Special, Enlightening & Giving Circle!

+1 from me as well. I miss my grandma too.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

... and some rain.

Lots of great shots from you Jorgen (as always). This one is especially good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks guys. One more:

S5 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/3.5

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Many fantastic photos here the last few days. I particularly like the ones posted by Rayyan and Alex. Great work!

Here are a few from this weekend at the race circuit. That seems to be my life for the time being; five days in front of the computer and two at the pit lane.

D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 165mm and f/2.8

S5 with 80-200 AF-S @ 80mm and f/3.2

D80 with Tamron 17-50 @ 17mm and f/8
    Jorgen: The master of the race track. You capture the essence of the thrills..both the racing and the people.

... and some rain.

S5 with 80-200 AF-S @ 135mm and f/3.2

Beautiful rain. Beautiful captures of the ' moment ' Jorgen.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Steve: : I am even more fortunate to be a part of this circle you mention.

I am honored. Thank you.

+1 from me as well. I miss my grandma too.
    Lloyd: Grateful sir. Another thing we two can share together my friend.

Regards.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Sher Khan told me he had four kids back home. The eldest was 14 years.

His father was dead, he was working and sending money home to look after
    his mother, 3 sisters and his wife.

We had eaten lunch together. It was a simple affair. Under the date palm to
    shade us from the sun and heat. On the floor.

Jacques was not here. But I was much more comfortable. And I ate.

Post Thanks / Like

Rayran.. lovely images. Looks like a fantastic lunch!!
    http://jasonedwardphoto.com http://jasonmuelver.tumblr.com
    Nikon FX, Leica M8, Mamiya 645, Canon F-1

Post Thanks / Like

Matt... great parade shots! Looks like fun!

Jorgen... wow! Great images. Way to capture the moments!

Post Thanks / Like

Aaannnddd....

When going to the market, don't forget your Kalishnakov

Post Thanks / Like

Reason number 1,257 I love my 21mm Distagon

Sunset in Vientiane, Laos.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Jørgen, 'Rain' is sublime! Thank you...
    Agree!!!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Sher Khan told me he had four kids back home. The eldest was 14 years.

His father was dead, he was working and sending money home to look after
    his mother, 3 sisters and his wife.

We had eaten lunch together. It was a simple affair. Under the date palm to
    shade us from the sun and heat. On the floor.

Jacques was not here. But I was much more comfortable. And I ate.
    The Eye's Speak Volumes! Excellent Pair Rayyan!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Aaannnddd....

Never Leave Home Without It! Cool Grab Jason!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

+1 Very much so. Advantage Rayyan.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

3 from this morn..

D3, Zeiss 100 Makro Planar

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

3 from this morn..

D3, Zeiss 100 Makro Planar
    Steve! Stunners all. Great work.

Post Thanks / Like

Steve!! WOW!!! Love Zeiss glass!!! Great grab!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Aaannnddd....

Jason: Good grab. Some serious friends you got there brotha!!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

+1 Very much so. Advantage Rayyan.
    Steve, Lloyd: Thanks folks. mighty kind of you.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Steve! Stunners all. Great work.
    Steve: +1; Yes sir..Stunners. The colors are oh! so colorful. Zeiss nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Silk