The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

jbcrane

Thanks Panda, Corlan, Jason. That sky was worth getting out of the sleeping bag for. My wife and I just sat watching it, unable to quite believe what we were seeing. Truly a rare gift that didn't last long. This is what it looked like 20 minutes later:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks Panda, Corlan, Jason. That sky was worth getting out of the sleeping bag for. My wife and I just sat watching it, unable to quite believe what we were seeing. Truly a rare gift that didn't last long. This is what it looked like 20 minutes later:
Still pretty d**n spectacular :bugeyes:
Fantastic colors, again -yet in a more subdued palette. Blue Wonder. Love it.

Lloyd

Both are spectacular. Thanks for sharing.

Lloyd

Great series Jason, all of them. I particularly like the light, details and sense of space in the third one, while still preserving the moment. And, in my book, for many reasons (among which, the relation between the intimacy of the moment and the suggested context of the city is unique) the first one is simply award material. Seriously.
Yup. Couldn't agree more. :thumbup:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Both are spectacular. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Lloyd. Much appreciated. Got a lot of help from the big yellow ball up there on this one though. My only merit -if any- was to be around with the kit.

Yup. Couldn't agree more. :thumbup:
I must add i could have said the same of your recent shot by the window.

(instead of making a funny remark about the crop:deadhorse:)

Stumbled upon it again yesterday when sorting out some files... at first sight a classic, but nevertheless a very special shot.

Corlan... that was the idea! We were moving to a different spot shooting the boring formals, but with a lil coaxing that was the result.

Lloyd, thought about it, but like all the colors. That being said, I'll zap a lil PP later today and we'll both see what it's like!!

John... what sky!! Amazing!!

shtarka1

JB...Majestic Image!

Corlan.....You Are Working It Brotha! Outstanding Minimalism...Tripping The B&W Light Fantastic...And All That Jazz!:D:thumbup:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Steve - as usual you're as kind as your photos are good.
(meaning: you're too kind) :D

Btw, not far from this thread, re the ongoing bokeh discussion... maybe you could chime in esp regarding the Nokt... there are some quite worthy examples in your bag of tricks to be seen there ;)

shtarka1

Steve - as usual you're as kind as your photos are good.
(meaning: you're too kind) :D

Btw, not far from this thread, re the ongoing bokeh discussion... maybe you could chime in esp regarding the Nokt... there are some quite worthy examples in your bag of tricks to be seen there ;)
Thanks C!
Posted Some Noct Pics Per Your Request In "That" Thread.:salute:

Oooh... Noct... Oooh. Is it even worth getting the poor man's 1.2 in the meantime?

Yet another tool I need to start charging more so that I can acquire!! :D

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Yet another tool I need to start charging more so that I can acquire!! :D
It'd well deserverd, Jason.

Till then, like you we'll have to try and optimize what's at hand...

Oooh... Noct... Oooh. Is it even worth getting the poor man's 1.2 in the meantime?
Interestingly enough, i've asked myself the very same question (there was a super opportunity on the 50 1.2 some time ago). Then i looked at Steve's photos and thought... let's save for the real thing. Still a long shot, though :( :eek:

m_driscoll

Again so many new wonderful captures, e.g.:

Jorgens acrobatic one lens Truck Assembly series, great angles
Corlans excellent B&W landscapes, his wise and kind dog and the beautiful Mother's Day flower
Jasons excellent wedding shots and flower shots
Leifs poetic rendition of the eternal moment when E loved J ...
Steves touching melancholy Ol' Lady
Matts action-packed Lake Union Duck Dodge series, the West Seattle ferry Terminal, flamingos and all
Johns Cranes powerful Haiti images
John Lancasters nice preserved locomotives
Woodys beautiful blog post portraits
Fultons as well as Tims moving Memorial Day series
Rayyans stunning one lens series from Scandinavia; makes me want to go to Scandinavia, hey I am in Scandinavia :rolleyes:
my sincere kudos :thumbup: to all of you and also to the rest of the 49 fantastic photographers on this amazing board ...
Two from Denmark, Scandinavia, I wish I could put the sound of the Skylark into the images :)
click for larger size (3.2 Mb)

Nikon D300 • Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50 ZF • 1/1000 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Nikon D300 • Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50 ZF • 1/640 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX[/SIZE][/COLOR]​
Steen: Thank you. Are you one of the 49? If not, then there's 50! Beautiful sensuous landscapes! The soft sky and clouds are a great backdrop for the stronger greens and yellow. The tree adds scale and a fixed point that anchors the photo.

Beautiful, Steen, and very Danish :thumbs:
Whoever said that chimping was bad?
D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/2.8
As I'm sure you all know, D-Max is the maximum theoretical size of... nah, it's a truck, a pickup truck
D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/4.5
No problem being a racing driver these days. Some of the cars even have aircon
D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 105mm and f/2.8
Jorgen: Great photos. Always a treat!:thumbup:

Matt: You are blessed to live in such a wonderful area. We are grateful that
you bring from that beautiful place, images captured wonderfully to share with us.
btw..is it much different than Portland and Oregon?
Thanks Matt, I downloaded the ' blurb' sw. very Interesting.
Regards.
rayyan: Thank you very much! Portland and Oregon are different, and similar, to Seattle and Washington. Seattle's more big city urban and Portland's more East Coast (Boston) urban. The beautiful Oregon coast is more accessible then Washington's Northern coastline. Oregon has Crater Lake and Mt. Hood; Washington has Olympic National Park, Mt. Rainier, the North Cascades, Mt. St. Helens, and the gum wall (see current National Geographic Magazine). Both states suffer an inferiority complex because nobody knows where we are - other then somewhere near California. Let us know when you assemble a book!

Grandpa, what did you do in Praha? asked Mariam.
Well, it is a beautiful place; with castles, old streets, museums, music...
Did you see all those places? says Mariam. No, your grandma did.
Are the people nice, grandpa? Of course, sweetheart..if you get close and
start talking to them. I said.
Mariam, do you think I am old? Nooooo!
Neither did some of others. get close. say ' Hi '. Jorgen, my friend...no need to chimp!!
rayyan: Colorful photos and narrative!

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Stunning shot, Woody!! :bugeyes: Gorgeous light.
Woody: +1. What he said.

Thank you Lloyd and Corlan !
Here's a backlit :)
click for larger size (3.2 Mb)

Nikon D300 • Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50 ZF • 1/640 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX
Steen: Beautiful yellow. Is this the plant that was in your earlier landscapes?

Obviously it works !
An absolutely stunning micro capture, Leif. Beautiful rendering, remarkable details.
Lief: +1.

Leif :thumbup:
One from today, just documenting the high ISO performance on the D3X (well "semi-ISO" by today's standards, i guess :eek:)
high

D3X - ZF 50/2M @f2 - ISO1250 - natural light - handheld - NX2 standard mode - about 30% crop
Corlan: Nice detail, selective focus, and composition. :salute:

Very, very nice, Alex. And I take it from these that you're pleased with the 14-24/2.8?
Alex, Nice Set! Love All The Lines In # 2!
Alex: +1, +1. Looking forward to more from your trip.

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Great series Jason, all of them. I particularly like the light, details and sense of space in the third one, while still preserving the moment. And, in my book, for many reasons (among which, the relation between the intimacy of the moment and the suggested context of the city is unique) the first one is simply award material. Seriously.
What a spectacular sky, John. But not only: colors, composition, the delicate foreground, and the darker horizon line in between makes the photo truly wonderful as a whole.
Jason/John: +1, +1, I'll tag along behind Corlan.
And gotta show the guys....
Jason: I was thinking Expanded Rat Pack!

John: Beautiful, rare, photos. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers, Matt.