The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

shtarka1

Corlan, You Are Everything That Makes Me Proud To Be Called A Photographer!
Show People Respect,Dignity,Honor & Kindness, Even For A Brief Moment & You've Made The World A Better Place! You My Friend Are Not Only A Brilliant Man Behind The Lens But A Gem As A Person! It Is A Privilege To Call You Friend! Magnificent Set!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Steve, i'm truly humbled by your words.
Undeserved i must say, they are straightforward, high-minded people who lived a full yet simple life and there's so much to learn hanging around them. And it does'nt hurt that the surroundings' so nice :)

Lloyd

Show People Respect,Dignity,Honor & Kindness, Even For A Brief Moment & You've Made The World A Better Place! You My Friend Are Not Only A Brilliant Man Behind The Lens But A Gem As A Person! It Is A Privilege To Call You Friend! Magnificent Set!
Corlan. As I was collecting my swirling thoughts, trying to come up with an adequate comment on your wonderful series, Steve's comment appeared. All I can do is echo his sentiments. Giving face, name, and voice (and therefor dignity) to sometimes forgotten people is a generous, kind, and noble. Well done indeed. :salute:

rayyan

Down the canal. A small community of simple people from mixed origins, minding their own business in their tiny, old fashioned homes. Mostly elders, one raising their grandchildren. No sign of the parents. When in need of anything, from garden garlic to some day care, they hail each other. Time pass by as fast as the placid canal stream. And when a ray of sun appears, they gather and talk about simple things. Life is good.
"We don't own a cell phone, so we can't take photos anymore", Louise said. "Often we see people taking photographs of us but they don' t talk with us, they don't even say hello. And then we never see them again".

So i made a couple of series, a brought them some glossy 7" prints. They were happy, we talked a lot. About simple things.
So i came back, and so on. Over time, i guess i became the official -though occasional, and pro bono- photographer there.

Meet some of my friends Louise, Yasmina, Hyacine, André.

André joined the group, staying a few feet apart. He suffers from a minor but slowly deteriorating form of dementia.
He's Louise husband.

- where were you this morning?
- (no answer)
- (a bit louder) where were you this morning?
- (indistinct muttering)

- did you go to the café and drink wine?
- (immediate answer) No.

- No?
- No.

- ok, show me that 10 euros bill i left on the table stand.
- (no answer)
- Come on, show me.
- (half a step back, mulish stance, empty expression... no answer)

- See? i told you. He's losing his head...

edit: thanks all for your kind words on the last page portrait. As you can see, it was from the same series (not the same shot though).

All with the D3X - 105VR mostly.

Corian: Honored to make your acquaintance Corian.:salute::salute:

Corlan... wonderful wonderful sentiment!! While we all take great joy in capturing images, the subjects all seem to take greater joy in receiving them!

Very very nice touch.

m_driscoll

Matt: I love the colors here. And of course the folks and the one glimpsing at
you.. that is great.:thumbup:
Regards.
Rayyan: Thank you, sir. :D

...Matt: good market shots again. From your previous posts with this kit, i must confess a preference for the results you get outside compared to indoors (limited space? light?). Maybe it's just me... or maybe because the recent street shots are simply awesome.
Btw, today's lunch menu: asparagus, sauce Hollandaise. Hope i won't use the wrong spoon.
Corlan: Thanks. I'm thinking the exterior shots are better also. I probably need Steve's 24/F1.4! Enjoy your lunch.

Matt, I Hope Most Of Your Diet Comes From This Fresh Produce! Nice Color, Sharpness & Shooting!
Steve: Thanks. :D The pile of cheeseburgers, fries and buffalo wings are off camera to the right. :angel: :LOL:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

Rayyan: Once again, you've worked magic. This latest image just jumps off the screen. The texture is really wonderful, and the colors are palpable. Outstanding work... yet again. :salute:

rayyan

Rayyan: Once again, you've worked magic. This latest image just jumps off the screen. The texture is really wonderful, and the colors are palpable. Outstanding work... yet again. :salute:
Lloyd: Much appreciated sir. I think we should the 4/5 of us all get together
for a men's night out. My treat.

Take care.

shtarka1

Rayyan,This Really Does "Jump" Off The Screen! A Work Of Art My Friend!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Rayyan, again you grabbed the essence. Plus, the last photo is technically (even more) stunning in many ways. Can you tell us a bit more?

In the meantime i'm definitely in line for your new book: " From Venice to the Himalayas (the photographic journey of a modern Marco Polo) ".

:toocool:

OK. Now i'm your agent, so maybe i'll get a discount. :D :ROTFL:

rayyan

Lloyd: All I can say is :salute:

+1 Beautiful photo, Rayyan
Jorgen: Much appreciated Jorgen. How's things with you there?

Steve: :salute: Your guitar photo is a masterpiece Steve.

Rayyan, again you grabbed the essence. Plus, the last photo is technically (even more) stunning in many ways. Can you tell us a bit more?

In the meantime i'm definitely in line for your new book: " From Venice to the Himalayas (the photographic journey of a modern Marco Polo) ".

Corian: I am humbled. Anytime my friend, anytime.

Guys, you leave me at a loss for words. Honestly.

rayyan

I love weddings. So long as I am not the one getting married.

There I am walking along, minding my own business. See a crowd in the distance. Hot day. Boat shoes, dirty t-shirt, dirty chinos. Nikon.

The crowd all dressed up. men wearing hats, long hats. women wearing pretty
dresses. mostly black and white. exposure could be a problem.

Are you a guest?. No.
Are you with him? the photog? No.

What do you want? Disdain. Revulsion. Must have stolen the camera.

' I am ', I said , ' looking for the tourist information office '. Now if you will
move to the side, please. Not forced, I hope. I said to the couple. Click. Click.

Not my wedding. No sweat.

m_driscoll

Corlan: I'll second that! Nicely done. An exemplar for people like me, who are in a rush, and sometimes oblivious to others, especially the elderly. :thumbup::thumbs::salute:

Cheers, Matt.

m_driscoll

+1 Beautiful photo, Rayyan
Rayyan: I'm late as always...so, ditto the above! :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

I love weddings. So long as I am not the one getting married.
There I am walking along, minding my own business. See a crowd in the distance. Hot day. Boat shoes, dirty t-shirt, dirty chinos. Nikon.
The crowd all dressed up. men wearing hats, long hats. women wearing pretty
dresses. mostly black and white. exposure could be a problem.
Are you a guest?. No.
Are you with him? the photog? No.
What do you want? Disdain. Revulsion. Must have stolen the camera.
' I am ', I said , ' looking for the tourist information office '. Now if you will
move to the side, please. Not forced, I hope. I said to the couple. Click. Click.
Not my wedding. No sweat.
Rayyan: Nice image! Probably better then they got from their photog. Why are they getting married in front of the tourist Information office? Is it "iconic"?

Cheers, Matt