Site Sponsors
Page 58 of 106 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,900 of 5290

Thread: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

  1. #2851
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    .




    .

  2. #2852
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    [...] "above my pay grade, though"
    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Oh yeah. Sure.
    This from the guy who owns what's probably, past or present, the most enviable F kit on the board.

  3. #2853
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Corlan, Wonderful Intersecting Lines, Color, Contrast & Juxtaposition!

  4. #2854
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    .




    .
    Really nice Corlan. Has lots of good things going on.

  5. #2855
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,344
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    .




    .
    Excellent, Corlan

  6. #2856
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,344
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    S5 with Tamron 24-135 @ 24mm and f/7.1


  7. #2857
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    S5 with Tamron 24-135 @ 24mm and f/7.1
    Perfect composition Jorgen. And I love the b/w conversion.

  8. #2858
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,344
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Thanks, Lloyd. The lens, the Tamron 24-135mm, is one of the stranger options around. On DX, it really sucks above 80mm, is acceptable from 35-80, but between 24 and 35mm, it's unbelievably sharp, even wide open. I was going to take the GH1 to S'pore, but a couple of hour before departure, I found out that I had forgotten the OM/m43 adapter in my father's house, so had to take what was available, the S5 with 105mm f/1.8 and the Tamron. It doesn't matter of course, any camera/lens will do.

  9. #2859
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    .
    .
    Corlan: Very nice! Graphic background: red, black and a thin red line. Women also dressed simply and the column (?) in between

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Oh yeah. Sure.
    This from the guy who owns what's probably, past or present, the most enviable F kit on the board.
    Corlan: But, i just point and shoot! Light comes in, something happens, and i can see it on my magic screen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    S5 with Tamron 24-135 @ 24mm and f/7.1

    Jorgen: Excellent composition! My first "Merlion". I googled it.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  10. #2860
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    S5 with Tamron 24-135 @ 24mm and f/7.1

    Awesome Jorgen!

  11. #2861
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Monkey Business..

    1.

    2.

    3.

    4.

    5.

    6.

    7.
    D3, 70-200VR1

  12. #2862
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Perfect composition Jorgen. And I love the b/w conversion.
    Exactly. Perfect.
    And the silver gradation is superb

  13. #2863
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Monkey Business..


    4.
    D3, 70-200VR1
    Wow. Awesome set, Steve.

    The one above is world class.
    If not for the (modern) hair style, could be a major classic shot from some anthropological association.


    (#6 is super cool, too - #5's an excellent moment... well again they're all great)

  14. #2864
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,344
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Fantastic set, Steve!

  15. #2865
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post

    Corlan: But, i just point and shoot! Light comes in, something happens, and i can see it on my magic screen.
    Just do the same. It's just that, sometimes, i indulge myself talking like i actually understand i'm doing.

    Oh btw, ain't this T/S lens of yours still collecting dust on some shelf?



    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Corlan, Wonderful Intersecting Lines, Color, Contrast & Juxtaposition!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Really nice Corlan. Has lots of good things going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Excellent, Corlan
    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Corlan: Very nice! Graphic background: red, black and a thin red line. Women also dressed simply and the column (?) in between

    Thanks a lot, all. Much appreciated.
    This shot is part of a larger series from the only day i had/took time to shoot (with a vengeance) over the last 3 or 4 weeks... more on that later.


    Matt, this is the center pillar (?) placed in the middle of the large main entrance of a XIIth/XIIIth c. cathedral (this motive is from the XIIth c.).


    Have a b&w version for Steve:



    (matte print looks good, for some reason this snapshot "says something to me" (not related to religion though) - it's actually only the second one of mine that i hung up on the wall other the years -all others being from fellow photographers. Always wondering why some shots reaches you (not meaning everyone), or not...)

  16. #2866
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Wow. Awesome set, Steve.

    The one above is world class.
    If not for the (modern) hair style, could be a major classic shot from some anthropological association.


    (#6 is super cool, too - #5's an excellent moment... well again they're all great)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Fantastic set, Steve!
    Corlan,Jorgen...Much Appreciated!

  17. #2867
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Corlan, totally different dynamic & perspective in the b&w shot. To me it brings the time span back another decade. More of a late 50's, early 60's feel. Both are Excellent but i think i give the nod to the color shot for the contrast & pop!

  18. #2868
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Wow. Awesome set, Steve.

    The one above is world class.
    If not for the (modern) hair style, could be a major classic shot from some anthropological association.


    (#6 is super cool, too - #5's an excellent moment... well again they're all great)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Fantastic set, Steve!
    Count my vote too! Fantastic shots, perfect treatment.

  19. #2869
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Count my vote too! Fantastic shots, perfect treatment.
    Thanks Cuz!

  20. #2870
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Steen View Post
    Wonderful canal picture, rayyan, Venice I presume
    Quote Originally Posted by Steen View Post
    may I suggest you go on a travel, rayyan
    Yes sir, Venice. Steen I leave for Zurich in 3 days time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Yikes! That doesn't look like fun... way too much like work! Good luck with that, and I agree with Steen. Looks like time for a holiday.
    Lloyd: Thanks. Yes it is holiday time my friend!

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    I'll second that.

    Nice images though Rayyan!
    Corlan, thanks. Colmar beckons!

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Rayyan, We Wish You The Best With Your Restoration!
    Steve, thank you for the good wishes.

    Matt: Eid Mubarak to you too pal.

    Thanks a lot guys.

  21. #2871
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    .




    .
    Corlan, that is a beautiful composition. Seriously. Love it for its colors, moment, and the framing.

  22. #2872
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    S5 with Tamron 24-135 @ 24mm and f/7.1

    Jorgen, Singapore Icon wonderfully captured.

    Regards.

  23. #2873
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Monkey Business..

    2.

    4.

    D3, 70-200VR1
    Steve: Awesome, awesome set here pal. Grand is what I can think og right now.

    Love them all. The compositions, the moments, the expressions...WOOW!

    But the above two do it for me.

    Really well done.

  24. #2874
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Nothing exciting..bricks, cement, wood, nails just after dawn..


    Regards.

  25. #2875
    Senior Subscriber Member Steen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Denmark, CPH
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Corlan's pillar saint
    Jorgen's sealion
    Steve's apeman
    and rayyan nails it

    they are all great, gents

  26. #2876
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Rayyan & Steen, Thank You Both!

  27. #2877
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Nothing exciting..bricks, cement, wood, nails just after dawn..


    Regards.
    Rayyan, Please Watch Where You Sit! Very Sharp Image! More Strength To You My Friend!

  28. #2878
    Senior Member otumay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Steve, your gorilla series is The Best Ape pictures I've ever came across! This is pure magic...

  29. #2879
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by otumay View Post
    Steve, your gorilla series is The Best Ape pictures I've ever came across! This is pure magic...
    Graciously Appreciated Osman!

  30. #2880
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Nothing exciting..bricks, cement, wood, nails just after dawn..

    Regards.
    I like the mix of dark and light. Very effective composition. (Still looks like work to me!)

  31. #2881
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Monkey Business..

    1.

    2.

    D3, 70-200VR1
    Steve: All spectacular! Exquisite, composition, detail and pp. These two and #4 (composite?) have inspired me to go to the Zoo (15 blocks away and i haven't been in years). Lot's of intelligence,and maybe, disdain (disdainful resignation?) in those looks. Well done!!

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  32. #2882
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Nothing exciting..bricks, cement, wood, nails just after dawn..
    Regards.
    Rayyan: Thank you my friend. Nice light and color in this detail. Have fun in Zurich.

    Corlan: My nod to the color also. A very elaborate column. And, I'm sure your understanding of the technology of photography is well beyond point-n-shoot. The "technical" discussions are always informative. Yes, it is gathering dust...at the moment. Maybe, I'll take it to the zoo?

    Cheers, Matt.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  33. #2883
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Steve: All spectacular! Exquisite, composition, detail and pp. These two and #4 (composite?) have inspired me to go to the Zoo (15 blocks away and i haven't been in years). Lot's of intelligence,and maybe, disdain (disdainful resignation?) in those looks. Well done!!

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    There really was a sense of sincere sadness in their eyes. Thanks Matt!

  34. #2884
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,344
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Nothing exciting..bricks, cement, wood, nails just after dawn..


    Regards.
    Corlan, I can feel the pain in my right foot, almost stepping on those

  35. #2885
    Senior Member viablex1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,462
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Monkey Business..


    D3, 70-200VR1
    man those are really cool!!!

  36. #2886
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by viablex1 View Post
    man those are really cool!!!
    Thanks Very Much!

  37. #2887
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,344
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Corlan, I can feel the pain in my right foot, almost stepping on those
    I meant Rayyan... should never try to write anything too early in the morning

  38. #2888
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Probably an indication that' Rayyan's photo was successfully disturbing.

    I happened to actually step on a similar contrivance some time ago... aouch. Lot of bleeding, hospital... erk.


    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Corlan: My nod to the color also. A very elaborate column. And, I'm sure your understanding of the technology of photography is well beyond point-n-shoot. The "technical" discussions are always informative. Yes, it is gathering dust...at the moment. Maybe, I'll take it to the zoo?

    Cheers, Matt.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Thanks Matt. T/S to the zoo? Are you afraid that if you'd cross paths with Steve there he'd be so big you'd need some shift?

    (ok- not funny)



    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    There really was a sense of sincere sadness in their eyes. Thanks Matt!
    It shows in your photos Steve.
    And they look so profoundly clever.

  39. #2889
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,344
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Just to show, once again, that a Leica is in no way needed to make blurry, out of focus images

    S5 with 105mm f/1.8

    Last edited by Jorgen Udvang; 13th September 2010 at 06:47.

  40. #2890
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Just to show, once again, that a Leica is in no way needed to make blurry, out of focus images

    S5 with 108mm f/1.8
    Great image Jorgen. You do have some interesting glass. I've never even heard of a 108mm lens before.

  41. #2891
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,344
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Great image Jorgen. You do have some interesting glass. I've never even heard of a 108mm lens before.
    My brain is really not working well today

  42. #2892
    Senior Member otumay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    I realized I haven't contributed to this thread for some time. Admiring the wonderful shots posted here, one may get lazy

    Last year, a beautiful mosque was inaugurated in Istanbul. Shakirin (meaning thankful) Mosque is the first mosque who was co-designed by a lady. Although it is a radically modern design, many important Islamic, Seljuk and Ottoman elements have been incorporated. It is difficult to describe in words the overwhelming sense of elation, especially when standing at the inner courtyard.

    Here are a few glimpses I've caught with D700 and Nikkor 24-70mm/2.8:






  43. #2893
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by otumay View Post
    I realized I haven't contributed to this thread for some time. Admiring the wonderful shots posted here, one may get lazy

    Last year, a beautiful mosque was inaugurated in Istanbul. Shakirin (meaning thankful) Mosque is the first mosque who was co-designed by a lady. Although it is a radically modern design, many important Islamic, Seljuk and Ottoman elements have been incorporated. It is difficult to describe in words the overwhelming sense of elation, especially when standing at the inner courtyard.

    Here are a few glimpses I've caught with D700 and Nikkor 24-70mm/2.8:
    Stunning edifice, really great images.

  44. #2894
    Senior Member otumay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Thank you, Lloyd, I'm glad you liked them.

  45. #2895
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    This is nice, Osman. Were you able to shoot there out of opening hours? Or is it not open yet? Forgive my ignorance (and "my turkish is rusty"- meaning in clear that the only very few words i ever knew are long forgotten ), reason i'm asking is that i would expect some water in the "fountain" (?) in the center.

    What you mention about "sense of elation" is indeed almost impossible to describe... and it's definitely a rare occurence with new or recent places, whatever the culture.



    .
    Last edited by Corlan F.; 13th September 2010 at 11:17.

  46. #2896
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    The Hip-Hop shot's terrific, Jorgen.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    My brain is really not working well today
    Maybe you want to double check those nice mushrooms you've got back from Singapore

  47. #2897
    Senior Member otumay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    This is nice, Osman. Were you able to shoot there out of opening hours? Or is it not open yet? Forgive my ignorance (and "my turkish is rusty"- meaning in clear that the only very few words i ever knew are long forgotten ), reason i'm asking is that i would expect some water in the "fountain" (?) in the center.

    What you mention about "sense of elation" is indeed almost impossible to describe... and it's definitely a rare occurence with new or recent places, whatever the culture.



    .
    Corlan, thank you for your kind praise and interest. In theory, mosques are always open, but in practical life they are closed after evening's prayers. In most of the historical mosques, photographers are allowed.

    The fountain is a of radically different design; the steel sphere has a small opening at the top, where water flows down all along its perimeter, yielding beautiful light games. Somehow it was dry while I was shooting.

    We indeed say 'rusty' when we describe a situation when one's knowledge of a foreign language fails due to neglect! Interesting you remember it

    And lastly, you are correct in saying that elation does not come easily in 'new' places. Architecture is wizardry to me...

  48. #2898
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by otumay View Post
    Corlan, thank you for your kind praise and interest. In theory, mosques are always open, but in practical life they are closed after evening's prayers. In most of the historical mosques, photographers are allowed.

    The fountain is a of radically different design; the steel sphere has a small opening at the top, where water flows down all along its perimeter, yielding beautiful light games. Somehow it was dry while I was shooting.

    We indeed say 'rusty' when we describe a situation when one's knowledge of a foreign language fails due to neglect! Interesting you remember it

    And lastly, you are correct in saying that elation does not come easily in 'new' places. Architecture is wizardry to me...
    Thanks for the insight Osman.
    Many years ago a GF of mine (what a beauty she was -most stubborn person i ever knew though) was Turkish and though she was not fluent her father was a linguist (including by trade). We used to have long conversations exhanging views about longuistics and epistemology. From the Turkic language(s) barely fragments or vague notions are still vivid. Looking back, i was young, probably too passionate in defending my own theories... today i'd certainly listen harder. Errors of youth

  49. #2899
    Senior Member otumay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Naturally I understand

  50. #2900
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,344
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    More from Singapore.

    S5 with Tamron 24-135 @ 34mm, f/8 and 2.8s



    S5 with 105mm f/1.8

    Last edited by Jorgen Udvang; 13th September 2010 at 15:33.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •