The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

m_driscoll

Matt, looks indeed like a "unique experience". Maybe a bit disconnected from the event flavor, the last BW here is super nice. Had a look at the whole gallery, #18 and 19 are also on top of my list....
Does look like a lot of fun. I enjoyed the entire gallery as well. A little rain yesterday might have changed the perspectives a bit, eh? ;)
Matt: Great shots here and ' there ':eek: Once again you bring to us Seattle.
In a way that living there too might not show us. Of course, excellent photography adds to the pleasure.:D Thank you.
Gentlemen: Thank you. I'll probably add another 50+/- photos to that gallery and put them in parade sequence. I'd like to capture the "flavor" of the event. Some, I'll post here. I don't want to offend. The body painting cyclists have evolved into an art form. And, the parade and street fair are all about art. Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfoio.com

m_driscoll

Recently posted a couple of shots taken -on the side- from that session... requirements on this assignment was to impart a natural feel for a fair trade, environnemental minded line (summer ad campaign). So we shot outside, under a fair sun (had to rush considering the weather we had lately...)
Here's one from the commercial shoot. Final version being similar, with just a cleaner background & using a tripod. But it gives a fair idea, and represents a typical example where the D3X shines for products work -i think.

(with the ZF50/2M - the final file printed flawlessly up to 40")
Corlan: Super photo. It looks perfect. Probably very striking in a 40" print.

I've returned from my Europe trip today and I see lots of good photos has been posted recently here! So I have to catch up and here's some photos from Barcelona (D3x, 14-24/2.8):

BTW, 95% of this trip's photographs taken with 14-24/2.8 lens. I almost found 24-74/2.8 useless for such a trip - Europe is mostly "compact" and superwide to wide lens really comes handy. On the other hand it's the most usable range for landscapes for me, so I used it for that too. I have to say I used my LF gear much less than before probably because I was with my wife and 1 y.o. daughter which was great except our daily plans changed all the time :) While I'm happy with the D3x I have a slow-emerging need of MF digital something :)

Anyways, the trip was great and I'll be posting more later this week.
Alex: Stunning photos! Looking forward to more.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

shtarka1

When I came to work yesterday, I was surprised to see a rope across my parking spaces. It turns out that my new office is on the route for the Fremont Solstice Parade put on by the Fremont Arts Council. I've lived here most of my life and I've never seen it! Last year, my daughter and some friends flew in from Maryland, just for the parade and street fair. That should have been a clue.

It was a unique experience. The parade starts with painted nude bicylists of both sexes (maybe 150 +/- and then 3 hrs of floats, dances, bands, anything goes. Here's a few of the censored photos (all with the Ds3 and 100-300mm VR). More uncensored ones can be found here: http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com/p227269964 I'm at work now, trying to do what i didn't do yesterday. It's 55 deg. F and pouring rain. Cheers, Matt

Looks Like A Fun Time Was Had By All! Like These 2 Very Much Matt!

shtarka1

Corlan F.;221495 [IMG said:
http://forum.getdpi.com/gallery/files/2/9/6/2/clf_3637_small_232795.jpg[/IMG]

Serious Image Quality My Friend!

Lloyd

I know of a world famous photog. You know of him too. Way, way above my meagre talents. Iconic images . A true master photographer of our age. I admire him. Try to emulate his works.

I have one small advantage over him. My photos might not be as good. But
I can go where he cannot venture. At least not close enough. Even if he tried. I can relate to some people. He can't.

You see for him it shall always be a job. For me, it is a part of my daily life.

Prayer Time.

I have my advantage. Let me see yours. Not the photos. The advantage. Your images will take care of themselves.
Another powerful image Rayyan. And a very thought-provoking concept. One that will require some thought.

ashwinrao1

Wow, what amazing words and descriptions. I agree, Rayyan, that photography is part of my life, not my job. THe times that I have taken on the job-aspect of photography, I lost some of the enjoyment, some of the fun. This is why I keep this firmly as a hobby.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Many fantastic photos here the last few days. I particularly like the ones posted by Rayyan and Alex. Great work!

Here are a few from this weekend at the race circuit. That seems to be my life for the time being; five days in front of the computer and two at the pit lane.

D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 165mm and f/2.8

S5 with 80-200 AF-S @ 80mm and f/3.2

D80 with Tamron 17-50 @ 17mm and f/8

S5 with 80-200 AF-S @ 185mm and f/3.2

rayyan

Rayyan:

Advantage Rayyan. Beautiful photos and narrative. The portrait suggests the desert with it's contrast. Beautiful, framing, colors and PP in these last two. The clock tower photo is very balanced w/o any negative perspective distortion.

Cheers, Matt

Matt: Seattle. Advantage Matt. Thanks.

Another powerful image Rayyan. And a very thought-provoking concept. One that will require some thought.
Lloyd: Thank you my friend. Simple people. Simple things. Simple photo.

Wow, what amazing words and descriptions. I agree, Rayyan, that photography is part of my life, not my job. THe times that I have taken on the job-aspect of photography, I lost some of the enjoyment, some of the fun. This is why I keep this firmly as a hobby.
Ashwin: You are very kind Ashwin. I too find that keeping it as fun and a hobby, helps me along the way.

A very big thanks to you all.

rayyan

Recently posted a couple of shots taken -on the side- from that session... requirements on this assignment was to impart a natural feel for a fair trade, environnemental minded line (summer ad campaign). So we shot outside, under a fair sun (had to rush considering the weather we had lately...)
Here's one from the commercial shoot. Final version being similar, with just a cleaner background & using a tripod. But it gives a fair idea, and represents a typical example where the D3X shines for products work -i think.

Corian: A brilliant, clean, simple uncluttered product shot. I love the mug, and the environment friendly coffee beans in orbit!!

Excellent, my friend.:thumbs:

rayyan

Things are getting hazy now. I remember my grandma. I would sit on her lap.

I would ask her to tell me stories. Grandma weave me a story, I would say.

It was a long long time ago. I miss my grandma.

shtarka1

Things are getting hazy now. I remember my grandma. I would sit on her lap.

I would ask her to tell me stories. Grandma weave me a story, I would say.

It was a long long time ago. I miss my grandma.

Radiates Love,Compassion,Wisdom,Strife...Rayyan...This Image Is One Of My All Time Favorites From You! We Come Together As A Group Of Friend's With A Strong Mutual Interest To Document Our Journey. Im Fortunate To Be A Part Of This Special, Enlightening & Giving Circle!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
... and some rain.

S5 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/3.2

S5 with 80-200 AF-S @ 135mm and f/3.2

S5 with 80-200 AF-S @ 185mm and f/3.2

Lloyd

Radiates Love,Compassion,Wisdom,Strife...Rayyan...This Image Is One Of My All Time Favorites From You! We Come Together As A Group Of Friend's With A Strong Mutual Interest To Document Our Journey. Im Fortunate To Be A Part Of This Special, Enlightening & Giving Circle!

+1 from me as well. I miss my grandma too.