Site Sponsors
Page 7 of 106 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 350 of 5290

Thread: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

  1. #301
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Lloyd: Indeed we ( you and me ) are blessed. let's celebrate with some
    freshly baked bread straight from the mud oven!!


    To us and them
    Timeless & Wonderful!

  2. #302
    Senior Member Arne Hvaring's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    474
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    198

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Arne: Great color, composition, and subject isolation.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Thank you Matt, you're very generous.
    Those flowershots you posted above are just marvellous.
    The 180 mm Sigma lens looks interesting for a longer FL macro. I've been looking at the 200 mm Micro Nikkor too.

  3. #303
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,344
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Thanks all. Matt, status quo isn't possible after this. There must be change, which is long overdue after all.

    Lloyd, your wife continues to impress, and so do you. Your weather on the other hand... Arne's beautiful spring flowers seem more appropriate for this time of the year

  4. #304
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Lloyd, your wife continues to impress, and so do you. Your weather on the other hand... Arne's beautiful spring flowers seem more appropriate for this time of the year
    +1 on both counts. Through Lloyd's eyes, Mimi surely never ceases to impress .
    And it's always nce to see some of Arne's work here Definitely more compelling than Lloyyd's snowy version -though the maple (?) leaves close up is super nice.


    Jorgen, the two shots of yours on the previous page are nothing short of remarkable. Hopefully when all ashes been extinguished over there, they'll rebuild on more "solid grounds".


    Matt: cool flowers, too. Is it from the garden?


    Leif: classic B&W. Love it!


    Rayyan: you keep on taking us for a virtual yet colourful trip around the world... superb photos as usual.


    Osman: looking at your shots and Rayyan's, i'm thinking about how badly i'd need some kind of vacation... btw, beside the shots excellent quality, guess it requires some patience to have these landscapes without tourists in the frame...

  5. #305
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    When volcanos get quieter, the windmills can resume having some fun...


    Sling Shot





    D3X ZF 50/2M 5*4 format in camera
    .
    Last edited by Corlan F.; 24th May 2010 at 16:29.

  6. #306
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    A little bit farther down the road (not the same day):




    D3X ZF 50/2M
    Last edited by Corlan F.; 24th May 2010 at 16:29.

  7. #307
    Senior Member Lars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sunnyvale, California
    Posts
    1,811
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    19

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    This evening, Stockholm. D700, Fisheye-Nikkor 16/2.8D, D-Lighting effect at maximum.
    Monochrome: http://mochro.com

  8. #308
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Arne Hvaring View Post
    Thank you Matt, you're very generous.
    Those flowershots you posted above are just marvellous.
    The 180 mm Sigma lens looks interesting for a longer FL macro. I've been looking at the 200 mm Micro Nikkor too.
    Arne: There's a Sigma 150mm f/2.8 macro that also looks intriguing. Both are about 50% the price of the Nikon; but, they aren't Nikons!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Thanks all. Matt, status quo isn't possible after this. There must be change, which is long overdue after all.
    Jorgen: That's what i've been reading too. Lots of factions and entrenched interests to satisfy, though...

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    ...Matt: cool flowers, too. Is it from the garden?...
    Corlan: Thanks. The first was from our garden; the second from a walk around the block.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  9. #309
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    When volcanos get quieter, the windmills can resume having some fun...
    Sling Shot
    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    A little bit farther down the road (not the same day)
    Corlan: Very simple, elegant, landscapes. The two photos together could start a lengthy philosophical discourse! Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  10. #310
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lars Vinberg View Post
    This evening, Stockholm. D700, Fisheye-Nikkor 16/2.8D, D-Lighting effect at maximum.
    Lars: Beautiful photo and use of that lens without an emphasis on extreme distortion. D-lighting - is it an out of camera jpeg, or did you process it in Capture NX2? The coloring and tone's great. Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  11. #311
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Corlan: Very simple, elegant, landscapes. The two photos together could start a lengthy philosophical discourse! Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    +1 from me. Very nice indeed.

  12. #312
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Lars: Beautiful photo and use of that lens without an emphasis on extreme distortion. D-lighting - is it an out of camera jpeg, or did you process it in Capture NX2? The coloring and tone's great. Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    I agree. Great image, Lars. Shows that lens is more versatile that many might have thought.

  13. #313
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Arne Hvaring View Post
    Thank you Matt, you're very generous.
    No. I think Matt has it about right. Gorgeous image.

  14. #314
    Senior Member otumay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Osman: looking at your shots and Rayyan's, i'm thinking about how badly i'd need some kind of vacation... btw, beside the shots excellent quality, guess it requires some patience to have these landscapes without tourists in the frame...
    Thank you, Corlan. Going there early in the morning did the trick. As I was on my way back, tourists from all over the world were streaming in...

  15. #315
    Senior Member Lars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sunnyvale, California
    Posts
    1,811
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    19

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Lars: Beautiful photo and use of that lens without an emphasis on extreme distortion. D-lighting - is it an out of camera jpeg, or did you process it in Capture NX2? The coloring and tone's great. Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Processed in-camera from raw. Fisheye can create usable images if horizon is centered and there are no vertical lines towards the sides.
    Monochrome: http://mochro.com

  16. #316
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

    D3s; 200-400mm f/4; 200mm; 1/500 @ f/6.3: ISO 320


    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  17. #317
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Timeless & Wonderful!
    Steve: Thanks and take care.

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    +1 on both counts. Through Lloyd's eyes, Mimi surely never ceases to impress .
    And it's always nce to see some of Arne's work here Definitely more compelling than Lloyyd's snowy version -though the maple (?) leaves close up is super nice.


    Jorgen, the two shots of yours on the previous page are nothing short of remarkable. Hopefully when all ashes been extinguished over there, they'll rebuild on more "solid grounds".


    Matt: cool flowers, too. Is it from the garden?


    Leif: classic B&W. Love it!


    Rayyan: you keep on taking us for a virtual yet colourful trip around the world... superb photos as usual.


    Osman: looking at your shots and Rayyan's, i'm thinking about how badly i'd need some kind of vacation... btw, beside the shots excellent quality, guess it requires some patience to have these landscapes without tourists in the frame...
    Corian: Thanks from all of us

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Corlan: Very simple, elegant, landscapes. The two photos together could start a lengthy philosophical discourse! Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Corian: +1; Matt said it for me.

  18. #318
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

    D3s; 200-400mm f/4; 200mm; 1/500 @ f/6.3: ISO 320


    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Matt: Gorgeous. Just look at the clarity of those sails! excellent framing. The
    light is wonderful.

    Well done sir.

  19. #319
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!


    Regards.

  20. #320
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Corlan: Very simple, elegant, landscapes. The two photos together could start a lengthy philosophical discourse! Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Thanks Matt ( and fellow +oners )
    You're right, i guess that was the point posting these two in a row
    Btw the first one is for a regional publication, one page spread. But no philosophy involved, just illustrating the area and their commitment towards renewable energies.


    The new sail boat's great. You've added tranparency to details in the fabric, plus the boat angle brings in a dynamic touch. Real nice.


    Lars: nice use of the FE. Great and busy scenery at sunset!


    Rayyan: yet another superb situation portrait. There's an almost Vermeer quality to the blue on the wall and cushion. Nice thing to see that at least some of the textile work is not the result of mass production or modern Taylorism. Obviously, no standardization of tools in sight, there. And what a beautiful model, with an elegant stance.


    .
    Last edited by Corlan F.; 25th May 2010 at 03:49.

  21. #321
    Senior Subscriber Member Steen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Denmark, CPH
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Forty-nine Fantastic Photographers and Me

    tough bunch of photographers here on this board, not easy to be the next one to post after all these superb shots ...

    click for larger size


    Nikon D300 Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50 ZF 1/200 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 Capture NX
    Last edited by Steen; 25th May 2010 at 04:27.

  22. #322
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Nice one, Steen. After the brick walls, now the tile roofs shot?
    There's always some sense of mystery (or danger if you're below) looking at these with such a sharp angle...

  23. #323
    Senior Member otumay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Rayyan, Matt and Steen; marvelous shots...

  24. #324
    Senior Subscriber Member Steen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Denmark, CPH
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Forty-nine Fantastic Photographers and Me

    Thanks, Corlan and Osman.

    Corlan, I get what you mean, I even saw a man climbing on these roofs without any sort of security rope. Scary.
    I didn't dare photograph him. You know, the wings of the butterfly etc. ...

    click for larger size


    Nikon D300 Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50 ZF 1/640 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 Capture NX

  25. #325
    Senior Subscriber Member Steen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Denmark, CPH
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Lars, nice fisheye capture. And excellent D-lighting processing.
    What 'Software ver. 1.02' did you use for the D-lighting effect, has it anything to do with your software project (if I may be so curious) ...

  26. #326
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Steen, i don't see no butter flying (poor one, i know ), but surely like the last shot above a lot -probably more than the previous one, but that's me.

    Where was it taken precisely?

  27. #327
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!



    Can you guess the function?
    (i couldn't)

  28. #328
    Senior Subscriber Member Steen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Denmark, CPH
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Looks like a secret weapon. Nice catch. Are you sure photography is allowed

  29. #329
    Senior Subscriber Member Steen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Denmark, CPH
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Forty-nine Fantastic Photographers and Me

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Steen, i don't see no butter flying (poor one, i know ), but surely like the last shot above a lot -probably more than the previous one, but that's me.

    Where was it taken precisely?
    Thank you, my friend. They are from the city named Split in Croatia.

  30. #330
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: Forty-nine Fantastic Photographers and Me

    Quote Originally Posted by Steen View Post
    Thank you, my friend. They are from the city named Split in Croatia.
    Home of the famous Hajduk? Lotsa soccer memories associated with the name... Heard it was a wonderful city with many artifacts and architecture.

  31. #331
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Sling Shot


    D3X ZF 50/2M 5*4 format in camera
    .
    Excellent for Composition, Structure,Contrast & Every Darn Thing Else! Man, I Love This Shot!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post



    D3X ZF 50/2M
    Beautiful! Such Nice Comp & Rendering Of The Zeiss!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars Vinberg View Post
    This evening, Stockholm. D700, Fisheye-Nikkor 16/2.8D, D-Lighting effect at maximum.
    Lars, Stellar IQ & Perspective!
    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

    D3s; 200-400mm f/4; 200mm; 1/500 @ f/6.3: ISO 320


    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Wow! Just Wow!
    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post

    Regards.
    Wonderful Color,Subject & Culture Rayyan!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steen View Post
    Thanks, Corlan and Osman.

    click for larger size


    Nikon D300 Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50 ZF 1/640 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 Capture NX
    Very Nice Steen!

  32. #332
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Matt: Gorgeous. Just look at the clarity of those sails! excellent framing. The
    light is wonderful.

    Well done sir.
    +1 from here. Just as he says.

  33. #333
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Steen, Rayyan, Corlan more magic (and no idea whatsoever on that mystery structure, Corlan). Thanks for the inspiration guys!

  34. #334
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lars Vinberg View Post
    Processed in-camera from raw. Fisheye can create usable images if horizon is centered and there are no vertical lines towards the sides.
    Lars: Thanks. I'll have to read that section of the manual again. I understood that the D-Lighting only worked with in-camera jpegs, or processing in NX2. Are the resultant NEF raw files created readable in ACR with the D-lighting intact? Or, are you creating jpegs? Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  35. #335
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Matt: Gorgeous. Just look at the clarity of those sails! excellent framing. The
    light is wonderful. Well done sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Thanks Matt ( and fellow +oners )
    You're right, i guess that was the point posting these two in a row
    Btw the first one is for a regional publication, one page spread. But no philosophy involved, just illustrating the area and their commitment towards renewable energies.
    The new sail boat's great. You've added tranparency to details in the fabric, plus the boat angle brings in a dynamic touch. Real nice...
    Quote Originally Posted by otumay View Post
    Rayyan, Matt and Steen; marvelous shots...
    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    ...Wow! Just Wow!...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    +1 from here. Just as he says.
    Rayyan/Corlan/Osman/Steve/Lloyd: Gentlemen (don't any women own Nikons?), thank you! Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  36. #336
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    My Buddy Mike, 57 Yrs Young...

    1.

    2.

    3.

    4.

    5.

    6.

    7.
    D3, 24 1.4

  37. #337
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post

    Regards.
    Rayyan: Stunning! The color, composition, subject, all great. Her knee up to support the hand sewing. Probably works long days. Pakistan? India? Nepal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steen View Post
    tough bunch of photographers here on this board, not easy to be the next one to post after all these superb shots ...
    click for larger size

    Nikon D300 Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50 ZF 1/200 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 Capture NX
    Steen: Beautiful detail shot. I like the texture and colors of the materials and the complicated forms and interfaces. Nice!

    Quote Originally Posted by Steen View Post
    Thanks, Corlan and Osman.
    Corlan, I get what you mean, I even saw a man climbing on these roofs without any sort of security rope. Scary.
    I didn't dare photograph him. You know, the wings of the butterfly etc. ...
    click for larger size

    Nikon D300 Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50 ZF 1/640 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 Capture NX
    Steen: What i said above!

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post

    Can you guess the function?
    (i couldn't)
    Corlan: Very X-Files! Crematorium? Highway rest stop with overly elaborate viewing/cell tower? Nice photo with the strong form and the planted filed just coming up.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  38. #338
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    My Buddy Mike, 57 Yrs Young...
    D3, 24 1.4
    Steve: Great series of photos! A visual narrative of Mike. The tone and character of the B&W really works with the subject (punctuated by the lone color shot). You really used the light (and mirrors) well. Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  39. #339
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Rayyan: yet another superb situation portrait. There's an almost Vermeer quality to the blue on the wall and cushion. Nice thing to see that at least some of the textile work is not the result of mass production or modern Taylorism. Obviously, no standardization of tools in sight, there. And what a beautiful model, with an elegant stance.
    Corian: Thanks a lot. I think that;s a cell phone repeater tower you have there Corian.

    Quote Originally Posted by otumay View Post
    Rayyan, Matt and Steen; marvelous shots...
    Osman: Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post

    Wonderful Color,Subject & Culture Rayyan!
    Steve: Thank you sir.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Steen, Rayyan, Corlan more magic (and no idea whatsoever on that mystery structure, Corlan). Thanks for the inspiration guys!
    Lloyd: Thanks Lloyd: I am sure all uf us get inspiration and more from your captures too!

    Regards.

  40. #340
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Forty-nine Fantastic Photographers and Me

    Quote Originally Posted by Steen View Post

    click for larger size


    Nikon D300 Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50 ZF 1/640 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 Capture NX
    Steen: Gorgeous.

    Regards.

  41. #341
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    When volcanos get quieter, the windmills can resume having some fun...

    Sling Shot


    D3X ZF 50/2M 5*4 format in camera
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    A little bit farther down the road (not the same day):




    D3X ZF 50/2M
    Corian: Lovely, serene, beautifully composed. Where is the guy chasing them?

    Well done.

  42. #342
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    My Buddy Mike, 57 Yrs Young...

    1.

    2.

    3.

    4.

    5.

    6.

    7.
    D3, 24 1.4
    Steve: Superb in-situo captures. Brilliantly framed. Could you pls tell Mike
    I am his buddy too! Just to be sure

    Regards.

  43. #343
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Rayyan:

    Stunning! The color, composition, subject, all great. Her knee up to support the hand sewing. Probably works long days. Pakistan? India? Nepal?
    Matt: Grateful for your kind word, Matt. Nepal, just across the Indian border.

    Regars.

  44. #344
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Excellent for Composition, Structure,Contrast & Every Darn Thing Else! Man, I Love This Shot!!!

    Beautiful! Such Nice Comp & Rendering Of The Zeiss!
    Thanks, Steve.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Steen, Rayyan, Corlan more magic (and no idea whatsoever on that mystery structure, Corlan). Thanks for the inspiration guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Corlan: Very X-Files! Crematorium? Highway rest stop with overly elaborate viewing/cell tower? Nice photo with the strong form and the planted filed just coming up.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Corian: Thanks a lot. I think that;s a cell phone repeater tower you have there Corian.
    Well you guys are as clueless than i was -so i feel better .

    I readily admit that there's an element missing in the picture: the canal. But that i did not know either.

    In fact, the whole structure is a... boat "elevator".
    Not the small kind mind you: around 170 yards high, and it can lift and tow huge barges up to 1,500 tons total (!!) over a mile distance, @ the lighting speed of... 1m/s. It's used to compensate a steep slope between the two canal levels of around 80 yrds.

    Sorry for the headache


    .
    Last edited by Corlan F.; 25th May 2010 at 10:24.

  45. #345
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    My Buddy Mike, 57 Yrs Young...

    1.

    3.

    5.
    Another over the top series, Steve.
    The three above are my favourites, almost too good to be true. The first for the irradiating strength, #3 for the surreal moment and balance, last quoted for the calm, assured stance and perfect light.


    Notwithstanding, this one below i feel is a keeper for life :

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    6.
    Why make a movie such as the Wrestler, when you have a photo like this?

    (not implying that your friend Mike bear any ressemblance, but...)

  46. #346
    Senior Subscriber Member Steen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Denmark, CPH
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Forty-nine Fantastic Photographers and Me

    Thank you Steve, impressive body-building shots of your friend Mike, and man, that post processing ... !
    and thanks Lloyd, very captivating Woman of Steel triathlon shots !
    and thanks Matt, just love your latest sailboat picture, so intense and dramatic !
    and thanks rayyan, your nepalese woman sewing is absolutely stunning, beautiful, beautiful !
    oh, and Lars, I just saw that you have actually already answered us that your fisheye capture was processed in-camera from raw !

  47. #347
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Steve: Great series of photos! A visual narrative of Mike. The tone and character of the B&W really works with the subject (punctuated by the lone color shot). You really used the light (and mirrors) well. Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Thanks Matt! Much Obliged!
    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Steve: Superb in-situo captures. Brilliantly framed. Could you pls tell Mike
    I am his buddy too! Just to be sure

    Regards.
    Thanks Rayyan! You Can Never Have Enough Tough "Buddies" In The World!
    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Another over the top series, Steve.
    The three above are my favourites, almost too good to be true. The first for the irradiating strength, #3 for the surreal moment and balance, last quoted for the calm, assured stance and perfect light.


    Notwithstanding, this one below i feel is a keeper for life :



    Why make a movie such as the Wrestler, when you have a photo like this?

    (not implying that your friend Mike bear any ressemblance, but...)
    Thanks C! Love That Movie! Marisa Tomei....!

  48. #348
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    My Buddy Mike, 57 Yrs Young...

    D3, 24 1.4
    Terrific set, Steve. Mike's pretty impressive too.

  49. #349
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Terrific set, Steve. Mike's pretty impressive too.
    Thanks Lloyd!

  50. #350
    Senior Subscriber Member Steen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Denmark, CPH
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Forty-nine Fantastic Photographers and Me

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    (...) Heard it was a wonderful city with many artifacts and architecture.
    I've shown you some of the architecture
    With regards to artifacts I'm more of a street rat than a museum lion, so I may not be the right to ask.
    But according to this gentleman you are absolutely right

    click for larger size


    Nikon D300 Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50 ZF 1/125 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 Capture NX

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •