The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

rayyan

...the way we saw it...

We sent to see an exhibition. Open air. It was a superb exhibition of Art and Science.

The exhibits covered a big area of the park. We got tired. We sat down to realx and think...

We thought and we walked...we ended up at a lake...

They say it has a very big water jet..

AlexLF

Alex, thanks. Impressive IQ and details in the train station photos (i should get that body :D :angel:... or maybe learn to take the technique for architecture shots like this :rolleyes:). That said, how did you manage to get a major train station by daylight (or not) without a soul in the frame?? :confused: Layer blending from several takes? Or do you travel with special russian security helpers? :cool: :D
Seriously, it looks incredible...
Thank you, Corlan! Well, I had two beautiful girls with me so I just told them to make a show outside the station. And I got plenty of time with no one in the frame :)

Seriously, it was 2 pm so I guess everybody was at their fiesta. So when I got inside I saw just what you see on the photos. Just luck I guess.

And it's just from one capture.

AlexLF

x2 Alex.

Love Barcelona!! You have captured it very very well. What kind of PP did you do? If that's straight out of the camera... well.. ugh.
Thanks! As I wrote before I just have an action set in PS. Basically, it does sharpening and then creates a layer on top with small blur with opacity set to 4%... I'll post it here somehow. But first I tune the colors before I run this action (and this I learnt from Dan Margulis).

In this particular shots I just applied this sharpening action and slightly added saturation. That's all ;)

AlexLF

Alex: Thank you. Barcelona is a gem of a city. And you have done it justice
How many days did you spend there? I felt that one lifetime was not enough
for this most beautiful of cities.

Regards.
It's the second time we stayed at Barcelona. This time we had just 4 days. I agree you have to spend a month there to see everything. I haven't traveled much but this is one of the most beautiful cities. This time we drove to Monaco while stayed in St.Tropez and this city is very impressive too. I'll post some photos later.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Had some heavy storms in Chicago again today...

Sounds pretty heavy indeed, Jason.
Great set, for some reason the second photo keeps catching my attention.

And Rayyan's right. Hopefully everyone will stay safe.

...the way we saw it...

We sent to see an exhibition. Open air. It was a superb exhibition of Art and Science.

The exhibits covered a big area of the park. We got tired. We sat down to realx and think...

We thought and we walked...we ended up at a lake...

They say it has a very big water jet..
Love the chess game, Rayyan. The processing works well here.
Also, the exhibition looked colorful and well organized... as for the water jet, yeah it's pretty big. But i'm sure you'll soon come up with an action shot :)

Thank you, Corlan! Well, I had two beautiful girls with me so I just told them to make a show outside the station. And I got plenty of time with no one in the frame :)

Seriously, it was 2 pm so I guess everybody was at their fiesta. So when I got inside I saw just what you see on the photos. Just luck I guess.

And it's just from one capture.
Wow, these guys really care about their siesta. I knew that from several past visits -and some business, but kinda remembered a slightly more flexible approach in Catalunya. Even in Mexico, where siesta is a "religion", you hardly find a major train station that empty at any time.

New small set from Barcelona:

The one above is probably my favorite -interesting angle, no distractions. But again, they're all nice!

leif e

Lovely images, Corlan. They smell summer. So do the Chicago storm pics, #2 is the most pulling for me as well.

Me, I tried to offer this busybody bumblebee a seat for aesthetical reasons. Arrogant rascal went on buzzing. :D
D700, 3,5/55 Micro-Nikkor open
leif e

leif e

The more I realize how privileged we are, living this close to the woods, the more obsessed I get with tracks - all their moods and changing light. And so hard to catch.:D
D700, 3,5/55mm Micro-Nikkor
leif e

rayyan

Green Wheat:

Not everything was green, though:

D3X 105VR @2.8 no crop (and no pun intended :D)
Corian: Thank you.

These are just delicious. The subtle and elegant color is
marvelous . The red in stark contrast is glorious.

I can sense the movement in the gentle breeze.

Truly wonderful work.:salute:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Those are great, Corlan, particularly the wheat.
err... Corlan... I see crops :D

Wonderful stuff!!
Lovely images, Corlan. They smell summer. So do the Chicago storm pics, #2 is the most pulling for me as well.
Thanks my friends.

Jason :D i was expecting another witty comment... but maybe Steve will pass by ;)

The more I realize how privileged we are, living this close to the woods, the more obsessed I get with tracks - all their moods and changing light. And so hard to catch.:D
D700, 3,5/55mm Micro-Nikkor
leif e
They do move, don't they? :rolleyes:

Leif, i love the mood in these tracks shot- perharps even more in the second photo, though darker and not as complex. Nice processing, too.

They could be a good basis for a super nice series :thumbup:
("dark summer in the woods"?)

edit: Thanks, Rayyan, you're too kind. :)