The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I'm trying to learn something new; panning with wider angles and slower shutter speeds. My hit rate so far is depressingly low, but I'm learning... slowly :)

D80 with Tamron 17-50 @ 50mm, f/18 and 1/40s

D80 with Tamron 17-50 @ 31mm, f/16 and 1/80s

AlexLF

Jorgen, those motor sport photos are very good. Especially the bikers and the bikes! As a biker myself I just love them and I kind of understand the one who's under the bike... Don't show him that photo :)

More photos from Spain (D3x, 14-24/2.8):

m_driscoll

Jorgen: Great race photos. Your wide angle pans are looking good. Are you kidding about the second women being a "member of the pit crew"?

Alex: Very nice. It looks like you got out of Barcelona. Beautiful colors and skies. Also, looks like they've had plenty of rain. That 14-24's clearly your lens of choice.

Rayyan: Thanks. Could be a bit too "HDR" for some. Beautiful photo of the old women. It seemingly violates a "rule" of composition that would have more space in the direction that the women is looking. The yellow bench balances it (the strong, pure hues probably help). Well done. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Very nice, Matt. Congrats on the new lens too!:thumbup:
Lloyd: Thanks. This morning, I took my eleven extra camera bags down to my camera dealer to sell them (I still have seven). I mentioned that they could apply it to the Nikon 24mm f/1.4 that I was waiting on. He gave furtive looks to the left and right and whispered that he thought one came in! He went in back and came out with it! Said, I could have the lens because i was on the "list". ;) Only one that they've ever seen. Very good timing. Now, there's at least two of us in the country that have one (some guy in Boston?). Cheers, Matt.

mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

shtarka1

Lloyd: Thanks. This morning, I took my eleven extra camera bags down to my camera dealer to sell them (I still have seven). I mentioned that they could apply it to the Nikon 24mm f/1.4 that I was waiting on. He gave furtive looks to the left and right and whispered that he thought one came in! He went in back and came out with it! Said, I could have the lens because i was on the "list". ;) Only one that they've ever seen. Very good timing. Now, there's at least two of us in the country that have one (some guy in Boston?). Cheers, Matt.

mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Lets See...11 Bags = 1 UV Filter For Your New Lens :D! Congrats! Pics Look Crazy Sharp with Super IQ! Your Gonna Love This Gem!

shtarka1

Adding a lil something fruity. Summer's here:
(well, hopefully)

And more photos from Spain:

T

D3s; 85mm f/1.4; 1/24s @ f/16; ISO 200

S5 with 80-200 AF-S @ 135mm and f/11

The driver, after the race.

S5 with 80-200 AF-S @ 92mm and f/3.5

Quick walk around after dinner with a new lens. Thank for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. D3s; 24mm f/1.4G ED;1/125s @ f/1.4; ISO 200

2. D3s; 24mm f/1.4G ED;1/200s @ f/1.4; ISO 200

Stellar Shooting , Gang!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks Matt, Rayyan, Steve :)
Just a quick layout for one of my daughter's classroom project. Not much, but fun... especially when one think that something like this could easily print at 120" without any uprezzing. Digital age...

Matt, sorry i don't really know... it's the "from the garden" kind :eek:
(and they're more the marmelade kind)

Rayyan: love everything about the portrait above. Colors, composition, details, atmosphere and as Jorgen noted, the modern technology crutch do add a contrast and makes the photo (even more) unique :toocool:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
And in the middle of everything, this game came floating along, trying to impress everybody with his breakdance. I don't know... me thinks they look better on the bike than off...

:bugeyes: :wtf:
Good thing "no contestant and no photographer were hurt"
Though seeing what they're "throwing at you" from the racetrack, now i understand better why you care so much about packing a TC-20 :shocked: :D

... and a motorbike, with the driver on the bike

S5 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm, f/11 and 1/320s

This really great, Jorgen. Masterful indeed.
(as is the rest of the series -with a special mention to the "Race Finished" portrait, so lifelike) :thumbs:

More photos from Spain (D3x, 14-24/2.8):
And more great stuff.
The river looks kinda less placid, and friendly, from there. Oh and Alex, is the horse and carriage what you were using as a transport when visiting the area? :)

Quick walk around after dinner with a new lens. Thank for looking. Cheers, Matt

16-35 and 24 1.4? :banghead: What do they call that, "gear s...."? :rolleyes:

Seriously, from the first samples here, what comes to mind is that it could very well be the ideal companion of its -slower- WA zoom counterpart, for interior shots. Not cheap, but a worthy one.

And btw Matt, don't trade in all the bags. :lecture: OTOH it'd be quite a sight with all the equipment in pockets and hanging from the neck... :ROTFL:
(though you'd soon enough be even more famous around the market)

AlexLF

Alex: Very nice. It looks like you got out of Barcelona. Beautiful colors and skies. Also, looks like they've had plenty of rain. That 14-24's clearly your lens of choice.
Matt, you're right. We drove north to the Pyrenees and this is the place to stay! I just love it. This year though we had to move to France earlier because of the weather so I haven't shoot enough landscapes again! :(

14-24 is my primary lens now, that's true. I'll try to shoot Moscow with it later.

AlexLF

The river looks kinda less placid, and friendly, from there. Oh and Alex, is the horse and carriage what you were using as a transport when visiting the area? :)
Well, the Hertz sign is on the opposite side :) Slow and cheap transportation though :)

m_driscoll

Lets See...11 Bags = 1 UV Filter For Your New Lens! Congrats! Pics Look Crazy Sharp with Super IQ! Your Gonna Love This Gem!
Steve: Thanks. As i tell my wife: "Stevie has it! Why can't i get one?":cry:

Just a little bit ;)
Here's one from today:
D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 105mm, f/6.3 and 1/160s
Jorgen: She probably had already cleaned the oil off her face. Nice pan shot!

Matt: CONGRATULATIONS.... Enjoy it in good health my friend. I am so glad for you.
Rayyan: Thank you. I was in the right place at the right time!

16-35 and 24 1.4? :banghead: What do they call that, "gear s...."? :rolleyes:
Seriously, from the first samples here, what comes to mind is that it could very well be the ideal companion of its -slower- WA zoom counterpart, for interior shots. Not cheap, but a worthy one.

And btw Matt, don't trade in all the bags. :lecture: OTOH it'd be quite a sight with all the equipment in pockets and hanging from the neck... :ROTFL:
(though you'd soon enough be even more famous around the market)
Corlan: Yep, that's me! It's reputed to be the sharpest lens edge to edge that Nikon makes at wide-open. No worries...I still have seven bags for four cameras (That's not right! I need three more cameras). :LOL:

Cheers, Matt