Site Sponsors
Page 91 of 106 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,550 of 5290

Thread: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

  1. #4501
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Her new love.

    D3, 105VR @ f3.0, 1/160, ISO 400:

  2. #4502
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Her new love.

    D3, 105VR @ f3.0, 1/160, ISO 400:
    Lloyd: Understandably so! Beautiful composition and tone.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  3. #4503
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Lloyd: Understandably so! Beautiful composition and tone.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Thank you Matt. Much appreciated.

  4. #4504
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Here's a few recent images. Probably a theme going. The first girl laughed and said that "I stole her soul". Cheers, Matt.
    Smoking!! Somebody stop this guy!

  5. #4505
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Her new love.

    D3, 105VR @ f3.0, 1/160, ISO 400:
    Timeless and oh! so precious. The primary reason I bought a camera, for moments such as these.

  6. #4506
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MUC, Germany
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Hermann: Great "street" shots. Excellent B & W and composition. I think that 50mm is a seriously underrated lens. It has really nice bokeh.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Matt: Thanks a lot for your encouragement!
    Best regards - Hermann

  7. #4507
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MUC, Germany
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Lloyd: Understandably so! Beautiful composition and tone.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Lloyd: Big +1! Love the tone in particular.
    Best regards - Hermann

  8. #4508
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MUC, Germany
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Here's a few recent images. Probably a theme going. The first girl laughed and said that "I stole her soul". Cheers, Matt.
    Matt: Nice series! Particularly like the sibyllic smile of the first girl.
    Best regards - Hermann

  9. #4509
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!


  10. #4510
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Timeless and oh! so precious. The primary reason I bought a camera, for moments such as these.
    My primary reason as well. Grateful to you, my friend.

    Quote Originally Posted by contrelamontre View Post
    Lloyd: Big +1! Love the tone in particular.
    Thank you Hermann.

  11. #4511
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Lloyd....Loving Masterpiece!!!

    Rayyan...Powerful Shot Right Into The Soul!!!

  12. #4512
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MUC, Germany
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post

    Rayyan...Powerful Shot Right Into The Soul!!!
    Rayyan: Big +1; can't find better words, love the PP as well!
    Best regards - Hermann

  13. #4513
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by contrelamontre View Post
    Rayyan: Big +1; can't find better words, love the PP as well!
    +1 from me too. And, I love the front guy's socks.

  14. #4514
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post

    Rayyan...Powerful Shot Right Into The Soul!!!
    Steve, thank you sir. It was kind of them to allow me to take some time.

    Quote Originally Posted by contrelamontre View Post
    Rayyan: Big +1; can't find better words, love the PP as well!
    Hermann: Very grateful for your kind words.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    +1 from me too. And, I love the front guy's socks.
    Lloyd: A sincere thanks from me. Didn't notice, I don't wear socks!!


    Grateful to all you folks.

  15. #4515
    Senior Member leif e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    595
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Thanks a lot all!

    Hermann, I am a keen music lover and the "simpler" the better! Most of the time. (At the moment I listen a lot to John Mellencamp´s latest (producer T-Bone Burnett has been my man for a long time now!) But I also admit to a weakness for the colossal as well - Bach in the old Trondheim Dome, with double choir and orchestra! or Neil Young live, with Crazy Horse doing Like a Hurricane ...

    Still, I guess you´re right - it´s "simple", concentrated and pure underneath.

    leif e
    F2, FM2, D700, 3,5/20 UD, 2/35, 3,5/55, CV 2,5/75 (all ai or ai´d), 1,8/85 af-d,
    2,8/60 af-d

  16. #4516
    Senior Member leif e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    595
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Lloyd; a classic - makes me want to weep. Life´s too short! :-)

    Rayyan; again - the contact!

    leif e
    F2, FM2, D700, 3,5/20 UD, 2/35, 3,5/55, CV 2,5/75 (all ai or ai´d), 1,8/85 af-d,
    2,8/60 af-d

  17. #4517
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    "Vanity Fair"

    D7000; 85mm f/1.4G; 1/250s @ f/1.4; ISO 160


    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  18. #4518
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    "Vanity Fair"

    D7000; 85mm f/1.4G; 1/250s @ f/1.4; ISO 160


    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Popping Color & Nice Selective Focus With The G Matt!

  19. #4519
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Smoking!! Somebody stop this guy!
    Rayyan: Not since the 70's?
    Quote Originally Posted by contrelamontre View Post
    Matt: Nice series! Particularly like the sibyllic smile of the first girl.
    Herman:Thank you! Your choice of words made me look at it again. I can see it.

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Rayyan: Great straightforward portrait with a twist (his snickering buddy). Beautiful B & W pp. Slightly edgy; adds to the character of the photo.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  20. #4520
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Popping Color & Nice Selective Focus With The G Matt!
    Thank you, Steve!

  21. #4521
    Senior Member leif e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    595
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Great shot, Matt! Vanity Fair - ready to draw, anytime! ;-)
    le
    F2, FM2, D700, 3,5/20 UD, 2/35, 3,5/55, CV 2,5/75 (all ai or ai´d), 1,8/85 af-d,
    2,8/60 af-d

  22. #4522
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MUC, Germany
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by leif e View Post
    Thanks a lot all!

    Hermann, I am a keen music lover and the "simpler" the better! Most of the time. (At the moment I listen a lot to John Mellencamp´s latest (producer T-Bone Burnett has been my man for a long time now!) But I also admit to a weakness for the colossal as well - Bach in the old Trondheim Dome, with double choir and orchestra! or Neil Young live, with Crazy Horse doing Like a Hurricane ...

    Still, I guess you´re right - it´s "simple", concentrated and pure underneath.

    leif e
    Sorry for totally OT: Leif: Thanks a lot! You really made my day. It's a shame, I didn't know John Mellencamp till now. Researched for the mentionend new releases and am still enthusiastic! BTW my musical taste covers really a wide spectrum from medieval chorals to Mahler, to opera, to G.F. Haendel, to Zappa, Ry Cooder and again to Steve Reich etc.pp.
    Best regards - Hermann

  23. #4523
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MUC, Germany
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    To make amends for the OT , two from the Munich underground:


    "Please, Hold the Line"


    D 700, 14-24 mm/2.8G @ 20 mm & f/4.5



    "Straight on, Right?"


    D 700, 24 mm/1.4G @ f/4


    Hope you like them and thanks for your interest.
    Best regards - Hermann

  24. #4524
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MUC, Germany
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    "Vanity Fair"

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Matt: Nice shot of details and maybe a push to the "new" 85 for me!?
    Best regards - Hermann

  25. #4525
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Hermann, Last 2 Are Fantastic! Great Perspectives,Color & IQ!!!

  26. #4526
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MUC, Germany
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Hermann, Last 2 Are Fantastic! Great Perspectives,Color & IQ!!!
    Steve: Thanks a lot for your feedback and encouragement
    Best regards - Hermann

  27. #4527
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by leif e View Post

    Rayyan; again - the contact!

    leif e
    Leif, thanks for stopping by. I like to be near the subjets.

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post

    Rayyan: Not since the 70's?

    Matt: Not to worry, mine lipssen are seallen!!

    Rayyan: Great straightforward portrait with a twist (his snickering buddy). Beautiful B & W pp. Slightly edgy; adds to the character of the photo.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    I tried for the gritty look, but didn't get it the way I figured. Thanks.

    Thanks guys.

  28. #4528
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    "Vanity Fair"

    D7000; 85mm f/1.4G; 1/250s @ f/1.4; ISO 160


    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    You should be paid for this!!

    Quote Originally Posted by contrelamontre View Post
    To make amends for the OT , two from the Munich underground:


    "Please, Hold the Line"


    D 700, 14-24 mm/2.8G @ 20 mm & f/4.5



    "Straight on, Right?"


    D 700, 24 mm/1.4G @ f/4


    Hope you like them and thanks for your interest.
    Hermann, Love the comp, perspective and the color. The second one is exquisite.

  29. #4529
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by contrelamontre View Post
    To make amends for the OT , two from the Munich underground:
    "Please, Hold the Line"
    D 700, 14-24 mm/2.8G @ 20 mm & f/4.5

    "Straight on, Right?"
    D 700, 24 mm/1.4G @ f/4

    Hope you like them and thanks for your interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by contrelamontre View Post
    Matt: Nice shot of details and maybe a push to the "new" 85 for me!?
    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Hermann, Last 2 Are Fantastic! Great Perspectives,Color & IQ!!!
    Hermann: Thank you! I like the new 85mm f/1.4G a lot.
    +1 for what Steve said! Striking images; very different from each other. I like the the one guy looking and the other not.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  30. #4530
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by contrelamontre View Post
    Sorry for totally OT: Leif: Thanks a lot! You really made my day. It's a shame, I didn't know John Mellencamp till now. Researched for the mentionend new releases and am still enthusiastic! BTW my musical taste covers really a wide spectrum from medieval chorals to Mahler, to opera, to G.F. Haendel, to Zappa, Ry Cooder and again to Steve Reich etc.pp.
    Very eclectic tastes, guys. Similar to mine. I'd have to throw Pink Floyd in there and Dave Matthews (he lives in my neighborhood). I come and go on Jazz.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  31. #4531
    Member halfFrame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: xmas a come

    D3s on a nighttime ramble.

  32. #4532
    Subscriber Member TRSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Central Maine, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,406
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Wow! What a tremendous run everyone is on! Great stuff from everyone. Thanks for sharing them.

  33. #4533
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MUC, Germany
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post

    Hermann, Love the comp, perspective and the color. The second one is exquisite.
    Rayyan: Thank you very much for your kind comment - much appreciated!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Hermann: Thank you! I like the new 85mm f/1.4G a lot.
    +1 for what Steve said! Striking images; very different from each other. I like the the one guy looking and the other not.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Matt: Suppose, you also like your M 9 and the Summiluxes a lot. Maybe, I will consider such an add-on as well. A pity - or thank goodness - that our/my budget/s are limited (insert big grin here).

    Thanks for your feedback on the pictures!


    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Very eclectic tastes, guys. Similar to mine. I'd have to throw Pink Floyd in there and Dave Matthews (he lives in my neighborhood). I come and go on Jazz.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Matt & Leif: OK, will research Dave Matthews now (Pink Floyd are not really new to me ). Curious about Leif's hint, this afternoon I repeatedly viewed the video "No Better than This" - it's aesthetics seems to be a kind of "madeleine in the cup of tea" to me, precious ...

    So, thank you, gentlemen, for comments, tips and everything else
    Last edited by contrelamontre; 8th December 2010 at 13:23.
    Best regards - Hermann

  34. #4534
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,347
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Somewhat OT this, since the photo is taken with a GH1 and OM Zuiko 50mm f/1.8 (my first SLR lens ever, actually, some 35 years old), but since it's about another Nikon user, I post it here anyway. Photo taken in Sisophon, Cambodia, during a two day, very improvised bus trip this week.

    GH1 with OM Zuiko 50mm f/1.8


  35. #4535
    Subscriber Member TRSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Central Maine, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,406
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Interesting colors Jorgen.

    Speaking of antique equipment, mine is starting to show its age in comparison to all the smooth new sensors behind this thread these days.

    Not much to offer except these few from the house.



    A bit of tomfoolery here:



    And a Christmas Card! Kind of reminds me of an old Country Western Album cover for a collection of carols.



    Best,
    Tim

  36. #4536
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    "Vanity Fair"

    D7000; 85mm f/1.4G; 1/250s @ f/1.4; ISO 160


    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Great catch Matt!

    Quote Originally Posted by contrelamontre View Post
    To make amends for the OT , two from the Munich underground:

    "Please, Hold the Line"

    "Straight on, Right?"

    Hope you like them and thanks for your interest.
    Very cool shots, Hermann. That reflective ceiling in the first one fooled my eyes the first couple of times I looked at it.

    Quote Originally Posted by halfFrame View Post
    D3s on a nighttime ramble.
    Fun shot. Looks like a good time was the order of the day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Somewhat OT this, since the photo is taken with a GH1 and OM Zuiko 50mm f/1.8 (my first SLR lens ever, actually, some 35 years old), but since it's about another Nikon user, I post it here anyway. Photo taken in Sisophon, Cambodia, during a two day, very improvised bus trip this week.

    GH1 with OM Zuiko 50mm f/1.8
    The more things change, the more they stay the same, eh? Nicely seen; thanks for sharing that one.

    Quote Originally Posted by TRSmith View Post
    Speaking of antique equipment, mine is starting to show its age in comparison to all the smooth new sensors behind this thread these days.

    And a Christmas Card! Kind of reminds me of an old Country Western Album cover for a collection of carols.



    Best,
    Tim
    Good to see you posting Tim. Nice all, that that last one is special. Love it.

  37. #4537
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,347
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by TRSmith View Post
    A bit of tomfoolery here:



    Best,
    Tim
    Lovely photo. The "Death of Winter". just the way I remember it, and sometimes misses

  38. #4538
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    The daughter (the middle of three) of some dear friends.

    D3, 85/1.4D, @ 1/200, F2.0, ISO 1250:

  39. #4539
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by leif e View Post
    Great shot, Matt! Vanity Fair - ready to draw, anytime! ;-)
    le
    Leif: Thanks! It was the combination of his attire and the Vanity Fair sticking out that drew me. The 85mm makes you work harder then a zoom for a composition. I think that also allows you to see different photographs

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    You should be paid for this!!
    ...
    Rayyan: Thank you, sir! I'm always looking for product placement tie-ins to supplement my income.

    Quote Originally Posted by halfFrame View Post
    D3s on a nighttime ramble.
    halfframe: Nice colorful, lively photo!

    Quote Originally Posted by contrelamontre View Post
    Matt: Suppose, you also like your M 9 and the Summiluxes a lot. Maybe, I will consider such an add-on as well. A pity - or thank goodness - that our/my budget/s are limited (insert big grin here).
    Thanks for your feedback on the pictures!
    Matt & Leif: OK, will research Dave Matthews now (Pink Floyd are not really new to me ). Curious about Leif's hint, this afternoon I repeatedly viewed the video "No Better than This" - it's aesthetics seems to be a kind of "madeleine in the cup of tea" to me, precious ...
    So, thank you, gentlemen, for comments, tips and everything else
    Hermann: I do like the M9 and the Summiluxes a lot. If it was actually work, I could say different tools for different jobs; but, it's just fun. Leica and Nikon are apples and oranges. There's probably a comparable German expression. Equally tasty, but, different. I hope you enjoy Dave Matthews.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  40. #4540
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Somewhat OT this, since the photo is taken with a GH1 and OM Zuiko 50mm f/1.8 (my first SLR lens ever, actually, some 35 years old), but since it's about another Nikon user, I post it here anyway. Photo taken in Sisophon, Cambodia, during a two day, very improvised bus trip this week.
    GH1 with OM Zuiko 50mm f/1.8
    Jorgen: Nice find!

    Quote Originally Posted by TRSmith View Post
    ...
    Speaking of antique equipment, mine is starting to show its age in comparison to all the smooth new sensors behind this thread these days.
    Not much to offer except these few from the house.

    A bit of tomfoolery here:

    And a Christmas Card! Kind of reminds me of an old Country Western Album cover for a collection of carols.

    Best,
    Tim
    Tim: Very well done. I especially like the delicacy and simplicity of the second. It's almost zen calligraphy. The third is an album cover. It'd have to be re-worked and cropped, obviously. Severely, if Celine Dion was going to be on the cover (you're almost in Canada, aren't you). Perhaps just the album title to the left of the tree? Very pretty photo.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  41. #4541
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    The daughter (the middle of three) of some dear friends.

    D3, 85/1.4D, @ 1/200, F2.0, ISO 1250:
    Lloyd: Wonderful photo for the parents. The IF/OOF is very well structured! The two main background colors match the shirt and her hair, which also draws you to her face.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  42. #4542
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MUC, Germany
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    The daughter (the middle of three) of some dear friends.
    Lloyd: +1 what Matt said. Marvelous portrait. Love the both relaxed and sprightly posture and glance here.
    Best regards - Hermann

  43. #4543
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MUC, Germany
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Jorgen: Nice find!


    Tim: Very well done. I especially like the delicacy and simplicity of the second. It's almost zen calligraphy. The third is an album cover. It'd have to be re-worked and cropped, obviously. Severely, if Celine Dion was going to be on the cover (you're almost in Canada, aren't you). Perhaps just the album title to the left of the tree? Very pretty photo.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Tim: +1, what Matt stated, couldn't find better words.
    Best regards - Hermann

  44. #4544
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MUC, Germany
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Somewhat OT this, since the photo is taken with a GH1 and OM Zuiko 50mm f/1.8 (my first SLR lens ever, actually, some 35 years old), but since it's about another Nikon user, I post it here anyway. Photo taken in Sisophon, Cambodia, during a two day, very improvised bus trip this week.
    Jørgen: Pure nostalgia for my Nikonian Heart
    Best regards - Hermann

  45. #4545
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by TRSmith View Post
    Interesting colors Jorgen.

    Speaking of antique equipment, mine is starting to show its age in comparison to all the smooth new sensors behind this thread these days.

    Not much to offer except these few from the house.



    A bit of tomfoolery here:



    And a Christmas Card! Kind of reminds me of an old Country Western Album cover for a collection of carols.



    Best,
    Tim
    Great Set Tim!

  46. #4546
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Lloyd: Wonderful photo for the parents. The IF/OOF is very well structured! The two main background colors match the shirt and her hair, which also draws you to her face.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Yes!

  47. #4547
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: xmas a come

    Quote Originally Posted by halfFrame View Post
    D3s on a nighttime ramble.
    Festive & Nice!

  48. #4548
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MUC, Germany
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post

    Very cool shots, Hermann. That reflective ceiling in the first one fooled my eyes the first couple of times I looked at it.
    Lloyd: Thank you for your kind words and feedback!
    Best regards - Hermann

  49. #4549
    Senior Member m3photo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,043
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    28

    Re: Timfoolery

    Quote Originally Posted by TRSmith View Post
    g][/url]
    A bit of tomfoolery here:

    Looking forward to more "tim"foolery if this is the case

  50. #4550
    Subscriber Member TRSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Central Maine, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,406
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9

    Re: Timfoolery

    Quote Originally Posted by m3photo View Post
    Looking forward to more "tim"foolery if this is the case
    Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and kind words. I really value your instincts and input.

    The Queen Anne's lace shot was my favorite but wasn't sure if I was seeing it clearly. Enough of you have validated the shot so as to make me lots more comfortable with it. Thanks!

    Tim

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •