The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Onboard safety is important, but we aren't fanatics, are we? These two pieces should cover most needs, I guess... unless you're a Buddhist of course. Then you need neither :)

D300 with Tamron 17-50 @ 22mm and f/4

m_driscoll

...Matt: I can only repeat what others have said ' cooool ',:thumbup:
Rayyan: Thank you very much! :D

Onboard safety is important, but we aren't fanatics, are we? These two pieces should cover most needs, I guess... unless you're a Buddhist of course. Then you need neither :)
D300 with Tamron 17-50 @ 50mm and f/5.6
Jørgen, another Udvang classic! Poetic! Very creative.
Jorgan: +1, what Osman said. Both photos are terrific, but this last one's spectacularly good!

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

rayyan

D300 with Tamron 17-50 @ 22mm and f/4

Jorgen: Great subject. Lovely narrative. beautiful capture. can I change the book?;)

D300 with Tamron 17-50 @ 50mm and f/5.6

Jorgen: Spectacular. beautifully composed with the small ship to my left.

Brilliant work.:thumbs:

Flowers, and...flowers. thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. D3s; 24-70mm f/2.8; 70mm; 1.3s @ f/22; ISO 400

2. D3s; 24-70mm f/2.8; 70mm; 1/320s @ f/2.8; ISO 250

Matt: Were you old enough to be at Woodstock? The flower creations you are showing are awesome. The second one is brilliant for the superb light
colors. Honestly brilliant.:salute:

rayyan

Grandpa, why does a gyroscope work, and how? he asked.

Ask your grandma, I said. He went to grandma :eek:, she said. Ask grandpa.

Grandpa asked me to go ask Newton!!

Rayyan, do we keep gyros in the house?

shtarka1

Love the Focus! The Gyroscope Manuel States....:lecture:..Oops Gotta Run...:D!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Taking photos from a moving vessel is an interesting challenge. You calculate the number of seconds to the best perspective, and just when you are there, the boat rolls or jumps. And there's spray and vibrations and stuff everywhere. Still, it's great fun. I'll be doing more of this :)

D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/3.2

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Of all sharp items in the world, the Nikkor 80-200 AF-S must be among the top three, only surpassed by someone's mother-in-law's tongue and an ancient Japanese Harakiri knife.

m_driscoll

...Matt: Were you old enough to be at Woodstock? The flower creations you are showing are awesome. The second one is brilliant for the superb light
colors. Honestly brilliant.:salute:
rayyan: I'm old enough! My wife was there. I also went to SF during the "Summer of Love" (between Reserve mtgs.). Thanks for your kind words. :D

rayyan: "...ask Newton"? Great photo and exchange. (I "wiki'd" gyroscope). The composition and light pp is really nice. :thumbup:

Super Light On # 2! Beautiful Pair Matt!
Matt and Rayyan, masterful shots!
Steve/Osman: Gentlemen, Thank you. :D

Taking photos from a moving vessel is an interesting challenge. You calculate the number of seconds to the best perspective, and just when you are there, the boat rolls or jumps. And there's spray and vibrations and stuff everywhere. Still, it's great fun. I'll be doing more of this :)
Of all sharp items in the world, the Nikkor 80-200 AF-S must be among the top three, only surpassed by someone's mother-in-law's tongue and an ancient Japanese Harakiri knife.
Jorgen: Your "At Sea" series is great! No decorations cheering the fisherman on , though. The haze/mist, unsaturated pp makes you feel the water. The very subtle change in hue from the water to the sky adds to that feeling. :thumbs: Cheers, Matt

rayyan

Jorgen: As others have already mentioned, the sea series is awesome. More so tahe you were on a moving ship. brilliant colors. :salute: