The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

m_driscoll

Too many angry people in the Land of Smiles right now, so here's a little sunshine to remind us why some of us love this country after all :)

Sorry for not posting much lately, but work is killing me (as you can see :p ).
Jorgen: Nice to see you still have you humor. Great smiles.

Wednesday's post. D700 + 50mm 1.4G.
Woody: Nice capture, moment, and PP.

Fantastic portrait and beautiful conversion, Woody.

Here's some more of today's work; Smoker's Corner.

D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 165mm and f/4.0

Jorgen: Striking photo. Is that burning tires or a blown engine?

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Visited the Port of Seattle today. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. D3s; 24-70mm f/2.8; 24mm; 1/3200s @ f/2.8; ISO 320

2. D3s; 24-70mm f/2.8; 70mm; 1/2500s @ f/2.8; ISO 320

3. D3s; 24-70mm f/2.8; 44mm; 1/400s @ f/8; ISO 320

4. D3s; 24-70mm f/2.8; 70mm; 1/8000s @ f/8; ISO 320

Lloyd

Visited the Port of Seattle today. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. D3s; 24-70mm f/2.8; 24mm; 1/3200s @ f/2.8; ISO 320
Very nice collection, Matt. I particularly like this first one... the moody clouds, and the framing and composition are excellent.:thumbup:

etrigan63

The school magazine (where I teach) asked me to do their group photos. I set up my lights in the auditorium and had about 10 minutes to get all of the shots done. I liked them (the kids loved them - that's the important part) and I decided to share with you all as usual.

The gallery is located here.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks all. That's the tyres. It's from a drifting show competition. I suppose they use some kind of substance on the tyres to make more smoke.

Matt, those harbour shots are excellent. Love the depth of the colours.

Very nice job, Carlos.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
+1.
Matt, looks like you had a strange light in the harbour.

Carlos, even more smiles on this page.
Like the smaller group shots featured in the gallery a lot (#3's my favorite).

m_driscoll

No, the capital of the Evil Empire is several miles east of Seattle in Redmond, WA.
Carlos: That's the "Good Witch of the North (East)" to us. Although, I am writing this on a MacBook Pro.

The school magazine (where I teach) asked me to do their group photos. I set up my lights in the auditorium and had about 10 minutes to get all of the shots done. I liked them (the kids loved them - that's the important part) and I decided to share with you all as usual.

The gallery is located here.
Carlos: Great shot. Excellent IQ and PP. I looked at your link. Corlan's right #3 is my favorite. Big height difference in the ladies. :salute:

Thanks all. That's the tyres. It's from a drifting show competition. I suppose they use some kind of substance on the tyres to make more smoke.

Very nice job, Carlos.
Jorgen: Thank you. Probably tough on the tires. Do you get points on smoke, graceful car movement, amount and pattern of rubber laid down?:toocool: Also, looked at your blog. The Thai Rouge (little too much like Khmer Rouge for me!) at the tire barricade's a great photo, but, a little chilling. Stay safe.

Excellent Shots & IQ!
Steve: Thanks. The Port of Seattle (probably Government Ports everywhere) creates these "public access" points as part of their developments (think public service). They're impossible to find, poorly maintained, and you have to watch your back. But, they provide some interesting working port views. No Marlon Brandos with cargo hooks anymore. Longshoreman get $100k + a year and operate cranes and computers inside air conditioned spaces.:lecture:

+1.
Matt, looks like you had a strange light in the harbour.

Carlos, even more smiles on this page.
Like the smaller group shots featured in the gallery a lot (#3's my favorite).
Corlan: Thanks. The light was interesting. Although, I need to re-work the Maersk Line photos, and take some new ones in the morning light. I think I used a bit too much fill light on those. The ones of the Eagle are more like the actual lighting. And, we do have a lot of microclimates in this city.

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Some more photos from the hyper PC/Non-PC burlesque show. I only photographed it! Cheers, Matt

1. D3s: 24-70mm f/2.8; 70mm; 1/50s @ f/3.5; ISO 2200

2. D3s: 24-70mm f/2.8; 70mm; 1/50s @ f/3.5; ISO 9000

3. D3s: 24-70mm f/2.8; 24mm; 1/50s @ f/3.2; ISO 10000

otumay

I thought I'd throw in a few close-ups I've shot recently. All mushrooms.
D700 with Nikkor 105/2.8
Best,
Osman