The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

m_driscoll

Jorgen: Nice racetrack photo. The second barricade photo on your blog is terrific. The tires don't look like they'd resist any armored vehicle (or a souped up racing Toyota). Last, i heard, they're staying put while parliament/etc. is sorted out. That's a good use for those burned out tires from the "Drifting Show Competition"

Fultonpics: Beautiful hockey action. Best Buy knows what they're doing with those signs! welcome back.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Some more from the "In-House Burlesque". Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. D3s; 24-70 f/2.8; 62mm; 1/50s @ f/3.5; ISO 5600

2. D3s; 24-70 f/2.8; 70mm; 1/50s @ f/3.5; ISO 20000

3. D3s; 24-70 f/2.8; 34mm; 1/50s @ f/3.5; ISO 25600

4. D3s; 24-70 f/2.8; 70mm; 1/50s @ f/3.5; ISO 12800

m_driscoll

Jorgen: Just read the news on MSN! I guess my earlier facetious post isn't funny at all. Really not funny, based on what i just read. Take care. Be safe. Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Have to post one more. Coming about at the NE buoy marker. Tonight was the start of the Lake Union "Duck Dodge" Races. About 60 sailboats race each other. The classes are, i believe, Fast Boats, Slow Boats and Sailing Dinghies. Today it rained really hard for about 20 mins. The kind of rain that makes you go to the window and wonder if this is it! Then it cleared up for the race. Nice wind, too. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

D3s; 200-400mm f/4; 200mm; 1/640s @ f/4; ISO 320

shtarka1

Have to post one more. Coming about at the NE buoy marker. Tonight was the start of the Lake Union "Duck Dodge" Races. About 60 sailboats race each other. The classes are, i believe, Fast Boats, Slow Boats and Sailing Dinghies. Today it rained really hard for about 20 mins. The kind of rain that makes you go to the window and wonder if this is it! Then it cleared up for the race. Nice wind, too. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

D3s; 200-400mm f/4; 200mm; 1/640s @ f/4; ISO 320

Love this Amazing Image! Bravo!!

m_driscoll

Love this Amazing Image! Bravo!!
Great Series! First Shot Reminds Me Of The Movie "Up In Smoke", Cheech & Chong!:D
Nice series, and again, I'm blown away the the high ISO performance.:bugeyes:
Steve/Lloyd: Thank you gentlemen! Steve, that was a "Cheech and Chong-like" bit. :LOL: I'll be posting some more Burlesque (some I can't post! :cry:) and Duck Dodge shots. As usual, I took too many photos (is there such a thing?). The color of the lake last night was really varied, and interesting. Lloyd, can't complain about the ISO performance!

Does anybody use the Camera profiles in Lightroom? I.e. "D3xmode 1", etc.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Yes, very troubling. Do take care Jorgen.
I'm safe in Pattaya, but my favourite Italian restaurant here just closed since a curfew is apparently being activated here too. Oh well... I guess I could do without one more glass of grappa anyway :p

On a more serious note; the red leaders have shown their true nature today, burning down the second largest shopping mall in Asia and threatening several newspapers and TV-station, burning torching one of them, since they were "too government friendly". I'm safe and sound though, and I've checked that my closest friends are too. Hoping for better weather tomorrow.

Matt; that sailboat photo is great. Now I want to go to Scandinavia to go sailing...

kweide

Be carefull Jørgen. Take care ! We read shocking things going on in your region.
But when i see your only concern is your favourite italian restaurant.... oh boy....dont be careless...

Klaus

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Be carefull Jørgen. Take care ! We read shocking things going on in your region.
But when i see your only concern is your favourite italian restaurant.... oh boy....dont be careless...

Klaus
There's not much one can do really, other than cancel meetings, go to the gym and have a good meal now and then. Oh, and try out my new mountainbike, with a zillion gears, hydraulic disk brakes and all the latest high-tech stuff. I had a puncture on the first day though. No high-tech can prevent that aparently :(

Did I mention the new OM Zuiko 500mm reflex? Unused, and I mean unused. Doesn't fit on my Fujis unfortunately, but wow, what a lens.

shtarka1

They don't call you the King of Portraits Fa Nuttin! The Eyes say it All Buddy! Nice B&W processing 2!:salute: