The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

rayyan

It was our wedding anniversary. I suggested Paris. She wanted Prague...
Who was I to say ' no'.

Thank you Ayesha for sticking with me.

shtarka1

One more from yesterday.

D3, 28-70/2.8
One last from the "wind" series:

Four Poplars on a ridge:

Whale and minnow; Thurston Howell III. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. D3s; 200-400mm f/4; 200mm; 1/1000s @ f/4; ISO 320

2. D3s; 200-400mm f/4; 200mm; 1/640s @ f/4; ISO 320

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
O.K., I'll play. Here's one from Port au Prince, Haiti this past March. D3S, 70-200VR I@ 105mm; ISO800, 1/500s@ 2.8
Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. D3s; 200-400mm f/4; 200mm; 1/400s @ f/4; ISO 320

2. D3s; 200-400mm f/4; 200mm; 1/1000s @ f/4; ISO 320

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Thanks for looking.
Who was I to say ' no'.

Gorgeous Work All!!!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Who was I to say ' no'.

Sounds like a perfectly adequate, romantic place. On a sidenote, i'm not sure of the reaction i'd get for bringing a camera at our anniversary diner -just kidding :D

Matt: "Rachel" is another notch on the 200-400 handle (or is it barrel?). Cool framing!

Last edited:
Holy Man!! Looks like a lot to review. Hopefully later today.

In the mean time, although I took these with my Droid, it was quite a sight to behold.

President Obama is coming back to Chicago, so the Secret Service, CFD, CPD and other federal security agencies were doing a practice run landing in a parking lot in downtown Chicago. The rotors were about 15' from the lightposts. Amazing stuff!!

Lloyd

I am used to this:

Have gotten used to this:

This one was new...

Regards.
Quite a study in contrasts. That first shot, what a composition! Reminds me of a scene from Lawrence of Arabia, the one where Omar Sharif's character is first introduced.

Surely that last shot wasn't in your desert?

Last edited:

Lloyd

O.K., I'll play. Here's one from Port au Prince, Haiti this past March. D3S, 70-200VR I@ 105mm; ISO800, 1/500s@ 2.8
Great catch. I'm grateful you've decided to "play"... Welcome! As Matt mentioned above, your website is full of treasures. I've been very much inspired by your work. Thanks for sharing.

Lloyd

Who was I to say ' no'.

Congratulations to you both!!

Indeed, how could you so no... a reasonable request, from a remarkable woman... and a wonderful choice.

Beautiful image to remember it by as well. Thanks for sharing.

Lloyd

Holy Man!! Looks like a lot to review. Hopefully later today.

In the mean time, although I took these with my Droid, it was quite a sight to behold.

President Obama is coming back to Chicago, so the Secret Service, CFD, CPD and other federal security agencies were doing a practice run landing in a parking lot in downtown Chicago. The rotors were about 15' from the lightposts. Amazing stuff!!
Very interesting. I'm surprised they weren't concerned about you taking pictures.

rayyan

Quite a study in contrasts. That first shot, what a composition! Reminds me of a scene from Lawrence of Arabia, the one where Omar Sharif's character is first introduced.

Surely that last shot wasn't in your desert?
Lloyd: Much appreciated sir. As a matter of fact we are discussing a trip to
Jordan shortly. I want to follow the Romans and the Nabateans and some from the 16th century history. Wadi Rum is were Lawrence of Arabia was filmed and Petra is one from Harrison Ford's movies. That is on the travel
plans for a different reason. let's see how it pans out.

The last one is from another trail in the Himalyas. The wind chill dropped the
temp to -60c. i got 2 shots only before the cam and I froze!!

Congratulations to you both!!

Indeed, how could you so no... a reasonable request, from a remarkable woman... and a wonderful choice.

Beautiful image to remember it by as well. Thanks for sharing.
Lloyd: Thank you again. She enjoyed her stay and so did I. Beautiful memories.

Best.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Rayyan : the first one above is magnificent. As for the last one, wow.
But... freakin -60°C for real?? :eek: :wtf: