The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

rayyan

Rayyan: thanks. Ayesha is definitely a daring woman. Being "a bit" of the anxious type when it comes to the well-being of the loved ones (i've been once open-heartedly called a "global worrier" :eek:), not sure i could endure sherpaing like you do. Kudos to you both.

Your takes of the Matterhorn (i think) are original and perfectly illustrate the area. Well done.
Corian: Sincerely appreciate you stopping by.

Rayyan , Another Pretty Smile On Ayesha & The Last 2 Shots....Take Your Breath Away...Magical,Stunning & Spiritual!!!
Steve: Gracious as always. Thank you.

Love Ayesha's adventurous spirit. (Which apparently matches your own!)

Beautiful images of the Matterhorn. Looking forward to more of this adventure.
Lloyd: Grateful to you sir.

rayyan

A few shots from Asklepion, the world's first psychiatric hospital built in honor of Asklepios, the god of healing. Patients included Hadrian, Marcus Aurelius, Caracalla. This site competes with the Acropolis in terms of historical importance in Pergamon. I distinctly remember feeling very good when I was there; the non-nonsense guy in me strived to find a scientific reason for this in vain.
D700 and Nikkor 50/1.4
Best,
Osman

The northern wall is double layered, utilizing the space between as insulation against heat loss:
Osman: Thanks for the accompanying narrative, which adds to the historical
sites so beautifully depicted.

Regards.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Osman: Thanks for the accompanying narrative, which adds to the historical
sites so beautifully depicted.
+1.
You simply take us there, Osman. :thumbup:

Waiting for the milkman...
Another stunner, Rayyan.
The well seasonned yet finely crafted milk bucket signs the photo. Contrasts, color separation, composition, all perfect.
(and another Vermeer blue, btw) :toocool:

m_driscoll

Excellent IQ On The Siggy Macro! Beautiful Grabs!
Rayyan , Another Pretty Smile On Ayesha & The Last 2 Shots....Take Your Breath Away...Magical,Stunning & Spiritual!!!
Yes indeed. Gorgeous.
Love Ayesha's adventurous spirit. (Which apparently matches your own!)

Beautiful images of the Matterhorn. Looking forward to more of this adventure.
Waiting for the milkman...

Regards.
Steve/Lloyd: Gentlemen, Thanks.
Rayyan: +1, +1, What Steve and Lloyd said. "Waiting for the milkman" - another beautiful photo. The colors and light are perfect. You have a knack for capturing people in their environment. Some are openly acknowledging you and some seem unaware. Well done! :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

Rayyan: +1, +1, What Steve and Lloyd said. "Waiting for the milkman" - another beautiful photo. The colors and light are perfect. You have a knack for capturing people in their environment. Some are openly acknowledging you and some seem unaware. Well done! :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt
Yes, Rayyan. Matt (and Corlan) about said it exactly as I see it. :thumbup:

m_driscoll

A few shots from Asklepion, the world's first psychiatric hospital built in honor of Asklepios, the god of healing. Patients included Hadrian, Marcus Aurelius, Caracalla. This site competes with the Acropolis in terms of historical importance in Pergamon. I distinctly remember feeling very good when I was there; the non-nonsense guy in me strived to find a scientific reason for this in vain.
D700 and Nikkor 50/1.4
Best,
Osman

The northern wall is double layered, utilizing the space between as insulation against heat loss:
Osman: These are really interesting. Your photos and narrative bring Pergamon to life. Without going into the ethics and legitimacy of it, have you been to the Pergamonmuseum in Berlin? Thanks for sharing. Cheers, Matt

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Matt: hadn't noticed on the previous page that it was a new lens. Congrats.

This Sigma is very interesting, as mentionned some time ago if not for the 105VR i'd probably go this way (incidentally the smaller 60/2.8D Micro-Nikkor is fantastic, and not only for macro).

In my eyes your photos above esp the second one plainly illustrate the main quality of the Sig150 : tridimensionnality around the main focus area -here, the pistils. Color is generally very nice, too.
Fall off smoothness, bokeh and 3D "over the whole frame" are more than ok -but imho there the 105 simply rules.

Simple curiosity: did you crop these a little?

Oh and btw: did your wife asked what the flowers you brought tonite were for? :angel: :ROTFL:

m_driscoll

Lloyd: Thank you! :D

Corlan: I agree with you on the 105mm VR (one of my favorite lenses). I wanted something a little longer and I'd heard reasonably good things about this lens. It's also relatively compact. I tried to find a Micro-Nikkor AF 70-180mm f/4.5-5.6D ED; but, appears to only be available from HK. Good idea. I'll get the flowers tomorrow night. Cheers, Matt

Both are cropped. The second one is a crop of this photo:

Lloyd

Lloyd: Thank you! :D

Corlan: I agree with you on the 105mm VR (one of my favorite lenses). I wanted something a little longer and I'd heard reasonably good things about this lens. It's also relatively compact. I tried to find a Micro-Nikkor AF 70-180mm f/4.5-5.6D ED; but, appears to only be available from HK. Good idea. I'll get the flowers tomorrow night. Cheers, Matt

Both are cropped. The second one is a crop of this photo:
I too love the 105mm VR. I have a 70-180 f/4.5-5.6 ED, and it is, indeed a stellar lens. I'm actually considering putting it up for sale soon.

otumay

Thank you Lloyd. No, this is not the new 50/1.4 lens. I still haven't decided which to buy; Sigma or Nikkor.

otumay

Rayyan, Corlan, Matt: Thank you very kindly.
No Matt, haven't been to the Pergamon Museum in Berlin yet. I understand from the pictures that it is well preserved.
As for legitimacy and ethics of the subject; I think rulers of the Ottoman Empire are equally to blame, because they considered relics of the Antic Ages profane and looked the other way while they were taken out of the country. Thank you for bringing up the subject:)
Best,
Osman

m_driscoll

Rayyan, Corlan, Matt: Thank you very kindly.
No Matt, haven't been to the Pergamon Museum in Berlin yet. I understand from the pictures that it is well preserved.
As for legitimacy and ethics of the subject; I think rulers of the Ottoman Empire are equally to blame, because they considered relics of the Antic Ages profane and looked the other way while they were taken out of the country. Thank you for bringing up the subject:)
Best,
Osman
Osman: Good comments. I've only seen it in photos. Last time, I was in Berlin, i was working and couldn't get away. Cheers, Matt .

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Matt, this Eagle fellow looks like the real life, boat equivalent of Pixar's Cars. You do have a sharp eye for detecting this kind of "expressions". I just keep looking back at it, and my better half on my side carries a large smile. Love the humorful spirit! :thumbs:

(thanks for the confirmation about the slight crop)

Lloyd: was not aware of that lens. Seems pretty good -you sure do a good job with it. :)

rayyan

Another stunner, Rayyan.
The well seasonned yet finely crafted milk bucket signs the photo. Contrasts, color separation, composition, all perfect.
(and another Vermeer blue, btw) :toocool:
Corian: Much appreciated Corian; truly and sincerely.

Steve/Lloyd: Gentlemen, Thanks.

Cheers, Matt

Matt: Honored my friend. Matt I very rarely take grab shots of people. Very rarely. Try and get to know them. Spend time with them. Forget about me.
Go with what they were doing. Click. No secret; just be nice to people...
works like a charm all around the world I have been too. I have to dig up
my journey across the States. South, Mid, West, New York..never failed
me. Make 'em feel you are no threat to them or theirs. Click.

Yes, Rayyan. Matt (and Corlan) about said it exactly as I see it. :thumbup:
Lloyd: I honestly feel embarassed by the kindness you people show me.

Best Regards.