The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

otumay

We're grateful you're here with us, Rayyan. And your work is more than worthy of positive accolades.

That said, I also find this an unusual forum. I've spent some time on others, and the attitudes there could not be more different. It's amazing to me what the relative anonymity of the the Internet somehow encourages people to do. I think that some folks may one day have their lack of decorum come back to haunt them... they're not as anonymous as they think!

Here we have what I've called before a "mutual inspiration association". I'm grateful that's the case, and I draw on that constantly. Like I said, you sir, have become an important part of that association (very much on the "inspiration" part, and equally on the "mutual"), and I, for one, and glad you're here!
Very well said, Lloyd. I sign my name under every word you wrote.

m_driscoll

Matt, this Eagle fellow looks like the real life, boat equivalent of Pixar's Cars. You do have a sharp eye for detecting this kind of "expressions". I just keep looking back at it, and my better half on my side carries a large smile. Love the humorful spirit! :thumbs:
(thanks for the confirmation about the slight crop)
Lloyd: was not aware of that lens. Seems pretty good -you sure do a good job with it. :)
Corlan: Thanks. I was thinking "Toon town" but Pixar's cars fits! It makes me smile too! I probably crop too much. I've settled on 1x1 or 2x3 vertical/horizontal; but the digital sensors make it easy to crop and get good images. Wasn't an issue when we were shooting slides.

...Matt: Honored my friend. Matt I very rarely take grab shots of people. Very rarely. Try and get to know them. Spend time with them. Forget about me.
Go with what they were doing. Click. No secret; just be nice to people...
works like a charm all around the world I have been too. I have to dig up
my journey across the States. South, Mid, West, New York..never failed
me. Make 'em feel you are no threat to them or theirs. Click....Best Regards.
rayyan: Your's is the best approach. It seems to draw the essential character out of your of your subjects, and into your images. I probably shoot and run too much.

Matt, Lloyd: Vulgarly magnificent. Flowers cannot be captured that beautifully. Its a fake; fake I tell myself. But you guys do it routinely. Lovely work and thank you both for sharing.:thumbs:

Matt: Droll; the smell of the water, the movement of the boats. the framing.
I am there! :salute:

Thanks for the sights and smell of the sea.
Rayyan: Thank you! :D

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lars

Very well said, Lloyd. I sign my name under every word you wrote.
Me too. There's a positive and respectful attitude here. I'm convinced that this is partly because many of us have chosen not to hide behind an alias here.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Ditto on the "mutual inspiration association". Real nice community of posters, a fine mix of maturity, respect, and creativity.

Rayyan: great, great portraiture again. You might have posted the b&w one previously in a smaller form. It's still as intense, and the more in this larger presentation. It'd have a great impact, printed at an equivalent size on a exhibition wall.

Jason: nice colors. Your daisies scream "Spring!". :thumbup:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Corian: Thank you. My friend, it is not the majestic mountains nor the small hills that matter. It is us, the travellers, and how we took those minute steps. Through the mountains or through the beautiful ' s' curves and bends
of life.

A perfect traveller's photo. The one where the traveller saw more than the small hill or sensed the purpose of the pylon.

Regards.
Thanks Rayyan, it's very considerate.

And i do agree on the minute steps, not only photography wise but as a general philosophy of life.

Like the lines,contrast & subtle clouds floating in the background. Nice Image C!
The road pulling you into the trees. The composition reminds me of lifes journey. Obstacles,Beauty & Uncertainty. Excellent , Corlan!
Thanks Sir for taking the time to put these thoughts into words.

The second part finds a unexpected (or not) echo: this road is one of the two choices i have oretty much everytime i want, need or have to catch up with "modern civilization". Even though it's a slower, tougher ride i opt for this one whenever possible. Haven't thoroughly figured why out, but indeed i see this first segment as a parabole of a journey, everytime.

(even when it's only about getting bread for diner. What an eventful day :D :deadhorse:)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Above is not a crop, but directly from a 30" print file.

Here's a crop:

And another take:

D3X - ZF 50/2M - NX2 + PS/CS4
(natural light, handheld, noise from processing and extra sharpening (crop) from print preparation)

Lloyd

Above is not a crop, but directly from a 30" print file.

Here's a crop:

And another take:

D3X - ZF 50/2M - NX2 + PS/CS4
(natural light, handheld, noise from processing and extra sharpening (crop) from print preparation)
Very nice indeed.

m_driscoll

We were going where the electric pylons and the ski tracks would be a memory.
It was a formidable climb. We had the greatest respect for the Alps.
We failed...this time. We would be back. It will remember us as we shall
remember it. We failed with honor. It won with dignity. The next time we
shall be amongst friends. The Matterhorn is a tough hombre for sure.
rayyan: Great view and photo! The best thing to know in mountain climbing is when to turn back. Next time.

...Shooting a wedding Sunday in one of my favorite locations in Chicago. Look for some good stuff early next week!!!
For now, here's a few from a recent wedding....

Jason: Nice! I like these two. Great color and captured moments.

No majestic mountains here, just small hills... and some S-curves:
Corlan: Wonderful lines and composition in this photo! Very dynamic.

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

You 2 are getting macro deep! Really Gorgeous Stuff Guy's!
Steve: Thanks. It's fun. :D

Matt: LOL. That is really funny. I'm with Corlan. Well seen. ...
Lloyd: Thank you.:D

D700 + ZF 100mm Makro Planar
D700 + ZF 100mm Makro Planar
Thanks for looking.
Rayyan: These are masterful! You should do a Blurb book with your people photos.

Cheers, Matt