The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Corlan: Nice detail, selective focus, and composition. :salute:
Corlan: +1. :salute: Nice experiment. What's the horizontal surface?
Thanks Matt :)

The horizontal surface is actually... vertical :D. It's a old, white painted door. The key is actually hanging from the keyring, main key attached to the door lock.

Nice seagulls. Like the first one, quite smooth and the window like, rectangular frames in the backround make an interesting composition.

m_driscoll

Thanks Matt :)

The horizontal surface is actually... vertical :D. It's a old, white painted door. The key is actually hanging from the keyring, main key attached to the door lock.
Nice seagulls. Like the first one, quite smooth and the window like, rectangular frames in the backround make an interesting composition.
Corlan: Thanks. That seagull was a poser. I look at your photo and i can't make it a vertical surface in my mind's eye. The light and shadow give it topography and the angled lines create a vector and an implied vanishing point (at first glance, obviously not correct). Minimalist, but complicated perceptually.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
49 Fantastic Photographers and me

Steen: Thank you. Are you one of the 49? (...)
Nop', see the headline I've used for some time now ... :angel:

:lecture: I hereby sugggest that the next time our fun thread is over quota, we name the new thread 49 Fantastic Photographers and me ;)

(P.S. Thank you, Matt, for your kind comments on my recent landscapes !)

Last edited:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

(...) Steen: Beautiful yellow. Is this the plant that was in your earlier landscapes? (...)
Yes, from the same type of yellow fields. I believe the plant is called Oil Seed Rape in english ?

Here's another shot

click for larger size

Nikon D300 • Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50 ZF • 1/500 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Re: 49 Fantastic Photographers and me

Yes, from the same type of yellow fields. I believe the plant is called Oil Seed Rape in english ?

Here's another shot

Nikon D300 • Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50 ZF • 1/500 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX[/SIZE][/COLOR][/center]
This one's very nice too, Steen.
Many different angles you're using in this series, each one with an appropriate effect. Like the last one a lot.

(btw the foregroung makes me think of... well, you know) :)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Thanks a lot, my friend :)

(Sorry for being dense with regards to the foreground)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member

Thanks a lot, my friend :)

(Sorry for being dense with regards to the foreground)
Not at all, what i meant was that the left side with a 45° angle was reminiscent of the field (oilseed rape? colza?) shot i posted some time ago, after your own yellow field...

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member

Couple of days ago, after a session for some commercial shots in the garden... we had a nice light.

Simple things... in black, and white:

D3X - ZF 50/2M

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Not at all, what i meant was that the left side with a 45° angle was reminiscent of the field (oilseed rape? colza?) shot i posted some time ago, after your own yellow field...
Ahh, now I get it, you mean our usual capture synchronization. No surprise here.
I guess we will be in sync until ... err ... until the day the sun rises in West ... or Jorgen parts with his Tamron 17-55 :D

Btw: Lovely "Simple things ... in black, and white" !

Lloyd

Here's another shot

Nikon D300 • Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50 ZF • 1/500 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX[/SIZE][/COLOR][/center]
That's a beauty. You've been rockin' the landscapes, Steen. Very nice.

Lloyd

Couple of days ago, after a session for some commercial shots in the garden... we had a nice light.

Simple things... in black, and white:

D3X - ZF 50/2M
That's quite the stunning image, Corlan. Beautiful light, and a wonderful b/w conversion.

jlancasterd

Another of my 'odd' steam machines... This one is a two-foot gauge NG/G16 Garratt on the Welsh Highland Railway - built in Manchester for South Africa in 1958 and repatriated in the mid-1990s. This shot was taken a couple of days ago - we've had marvellous weather here in North Wales for the past couple of weeks.

View attachment 31608

Last edited:
Ha a shoot cancel on me this morning. I guess sick kids don't want portraits done. That gave me a chance to try some lighting out with poor Miso. All shots with the D700 105DC and SB600's

Multiple strobes

Some work with the snoot

Lloyd

Another of my 'odd' steam machines... This one is a two-foot gauge NG/G16 Garratt on the Welsh Highland Railway - built in Manchester for South Africa in 1958 and repatriated in the mid-1990s. This shot was taken a couple of days ago - we've had marvellous weather here in North Wales for the past couple of weeks.

View attachment 31608
Another very cool machine... and a nice image. (I'm jealous of your weather!!)