The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

shtarka1

Re: 49 Fantastic Photographers and me

Yes, from the same type of yellow fields. I believe the plant is called Oil Seed Rape in english ?

Here's another shot

click for larger size

Nikon D300 • Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50 ZF • 1/500 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX
Beautiful Flow & Transition Steen!

shtarka1

Another of my 'odd' steam machines... This one is a two-foot gauge NG/G16 Garratt on the Welsh Highland Railway - built in Manchester for South Africa in 1958 and repatriated in the mid-1990s. This shot was taken a couple of days ago - we've had marvellous weather here in North Wales for the past couple of weeks.

View attachment 31608
Wonderful Color,IQ & 3D Effect!
Ha a shoot cancel on me this morning. I guess sick kids don't want portraits done. That gave me a chance to try some lighting out with poor Miso. All shots with the D700 105DC and SB600's

Multiple strobes

Love The Whole Set But This Is My Favorite!
And per Lloyd's request...

Sharp In B&W!

rayyan

D700, R 80 Lux :)
Steve: I wish I had taken that.:thumbs:

Yes, from the same type of yellow fields. I believe the plant is called Oil Seed Rape in english ?

Here's another shot

click for larger size

Nikon D300 • Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50 ZF • 1/500 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX
Steen: Brilliant.

Thanks Panda, Corlan, Jason. That sky was worth getting out of the sleeping bag for. My wife and I just sat watching it, unable to quite believe what we were seeing. Truly a rare gift that didn't last long. This is what it looked like 20 minutes later:
John: Delightful. Captivating.

Couple of days ago, after a session for some commercial shots in the garden... we had a nice light.

Simple things... in black, and white:

D3X - ZF 50/2M
Corian: Superbly captured. WOW.!!

And per Lloyd's request...

Jason: Lovely, for me though the color one is outstanding.

The talent here is mind boggling. :salute:

rayyan

Istanbul. Sirkeci. 0200hrs.

Ayesha had gone to sleep. As had almost all others in the city. I had a date.

Date with the track maintenance crew. Working now, so that others could travel safely in the morning..

I talked about myself, my family, my kids, my home. They told me about theirs.

They told me about things to photograph in the mornings.

I told them I was not much interested in the beautiful masonry.

I had come to know, hear, feel and respect the masons. They understood.

Oh no... what is this 80 Lux? I love the results, although it's mainly the guy behind the lens pulling this one off.

Rayran.. Wow. Fantastic image and even better story.

rayyan

Raj was generous to invite me to have lunch with his family. Raj, I said, can

I take a few photographs of your family?

Should we stand outside?, he said.

No Raj, I said. Stay where you are.

I shall come close.

shtarka1

Istanbul. Sirkeci. 0200hrs.

Ayesha had gone to sleep. As had almost all others in the city. I had a date.

Date with the track maintenance crew. Working now, so that others could travel safely in the morning..

I talked about myself, my family, my kids, my home. They told me about theirs.

They told me about things to photograph in the mornings.

I told them I was not much interested in the beautiful masonry.

I had come to know, hear, feel and respect the masons. They understood.
Raj was generous to invite me to have lunch with his family. Raj, I said, can

I take a few photographs of your family?

Should we stand outside?, he said.

No Raj, I said. Stay where you are.

I shall come close.

Outstanding Images & Narratives!

otumay

Outstanding Images & Narratives!
Yes, Steve is right. Rayyan, it is always a pleasure to witness the fruits of your mastery, both in images and words. Coincidentally, I had planned to start my photographic tour tomorrow from Sirkeci and end it somewhere near the Kapalıçarşı (Covered Bazaar). Those rails shall mean more to me...

Thanks.

Lloyd

Yes, Steve is right. Rayyan, it is always a pleasure to witness the fruits of your mastery, both in images and words. Coincidentally, I had planned to start my photographic tour tomorrow from Sirkeci and end it somewhere near the Kapalıçarşı (Covered Bazaar). Those rails shall mean more to me...

Thanks.
Rayyan: Just as Steve and Osman have said, it is indeed always a pleasure. And the words you include always add a great deal to the images. That portrait of Raj and the girl is something very special, but the story makes it even more so.:thumbup:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Ha a shoot cancel on me this morning. I guess sick kids don't want portraits done. That gave me a chance to try some lighting out with poor Miso. All shots with the D700 105DC and SB600's

Multiple strobes

Jason, these Miso portraits are as good as it gets. I'll go for the first one above, though like Steve i kinda like the last one with the snoot, too.

D700, R 80 Lux :)
A wow shot indeed, Steve. From the main subject to composition including the dual contrasting background (clear stone and colorful leaves). Terrific! :thumbs:

Rayyan: Just as Steve and Osman have said, it is indeed always a pleasure. And the words you include always add a great deal to the images. That portrait of Raj and the girl is something very special, but the story makes it even more so.:thumbup:
Rayyan: upon seeing your photos on the previous page i was planning a comment but i'll stick to seconding Lloyd's quote just above, following Steve and Osman remarks. Couldn't say it better. Splendid shots, and wonderful words. :salute:

Lloyd

Old friend rediscovered. I came across my old 25-50/f4 lens in the back of my camera storage. I haven't used it in a number of years, but it was a favorite landscape lens. Pulled it out, put in on the D3, and shot this from the front yard. Pretty much straight out of the camera, at 25mm f11. Serious distortion with the horizon in the bottom of the frame, and there is a polarizer on the lens, which gave me some ugly vignette. But I love the way this lens draws. Gonna have to give it some more work.

Last edited: