The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

rayyan

Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. D3s; 24-70mm f/2.8; 2; 1/5000 @ f/2.8

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt: I am very partial to boats, ships, docks and ports. Seeing this photo
makes me wish to I was near.

You have excellently captured, what is naively called the sights and sounds
(minus the sea-gulls). I can smell the smell of the port. the sea, the ships
and can envision the houses beyond and envy them their owners for the
beautiful environment they live in. Hope the Artic Wind sails in fair weather.

Just show them your photographs if they have not noticed!

I had a 24-70 for a small period. left it unused. am thinking to get one
for convenience. Need your input on weight vs performance. I usually
only carry the zf 35 and the zf 100.

Thank you for sharing an excellent nook of your world.

otumay

Matt, wonderful wedding shots! As for the other photographer, we have a saying that can be translated as "He (she in this case) who goes hunting gets hunted";)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Tim: owls are usually not that easy to grab, you might be right about what was happening there. Nice snap!

Woody: like the Book Party photo. Looks like the Sig meet your expectations!

Rayyan: well deserved praises. The 50°C shot leaves you thirsty and exhausted.

Matt: Artic Wind looks like a proud and fearless little vessel. The harbour atmosphere is very well rendered. Rayan's right, only the sound's missing.

Wedding photographer's well documented. Btw is it the real thing or a street fashion shoot? Bride and groom seem to act very much like pro models. Interesting to see how most people leave some free space without apparent restrictions. In many places (here included) you'd need some manpower to have a chance to secure even half of this kind of public area for the shoot.

shtarka1

50C...hot and dry. They started at 0500 hrs. had lunch. 1 hr nap under a date palm. Lunch was bread, half a chicken. 2 bottles of water. I ate with them.

It is hot...very very hot. Working is near impossible. he just wanted to finish the job. He did it extremely well.
I love contrasts. Light and shade. wet and dry. hard and soft. Why?

How can one appreciate the day if there was no darkness? Age without the youth?

Use contrasts..it is the norm; it gives meaning to life. It shall give meaning to
your photographs.

We discovered this fledgeling Barred Owl in the woods behind the house today. It stayed there, unafraid, long enough for me to return to the house and grab my camera. I wish I'd grabbed the tripod too since it was in the dark of the forest on a dark day. My guess is that the parents were nearby and only waiting for the humans to depart so they could rescue their baby.
Thursday's post to my daily blog. From a book party; D700 + 50mm Sigma f1.4 at f 1.4

From TR's Owl To Rayyan & Woody's Facial Shots....Super!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Been offline for a few days, and off travelling tomorrow. Here's one anyway, just to prove that I'm still alive... just :)

D80 with Tamron 17-50 @ 22mm and f/2.8

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
This is B&W Mastery, Steve!

The third one with the lamp post is fantactic, and probably the more "sellable". The last one's very conceptual and superbly executed.
Notwithstanding my heart goes for #2, the minimalist marvel.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Been offline for a few days, and off travelling tomorrow. Here's one anyway, just to prove that I'm still alive... just :)

D80 with Tamron 17-50 @ 22mm and f/2.8
Nice, Jorgen. Really like this factory series of yours. This worker looks quite focused and thorough.
Won't mention though in which position one can picture you for taking this shot (well it it was a finished car/body) :D

shtarka1

This is B&W Mastery, Steve!

The third one with the lamp post is fantactic, and probably the more "sellable". The last one's very conceptual and superbly executed.
Notwithstanding my heart goes for #2, the minimalist marvel.
Thanks Very Much Corlan!

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Yesterday's post. D700 + 85mm f1.4 @ f1.4. What's interesting to me is that the subjects at the bottom (particularly the stems) are at a distance that yields fairly harsh bokeh. This lens is very, very good but is still a tad short of the Canon 85mm f1.2. The Nikon lens is much better from a focus speed standpoint, though, and is substantially smaller than the Canon.