The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
(a temporary end to the series above)

Louise came close and asked me: "my dog's already 14, if i take him on the doorsteps, could we have a photo to remember him by? He's so cute, and shy." Took a couple of shots of the still quite active fellow, always on the move. Here's what she selected for a print:

That day, they got a visit from a much larger, even older friend -with an eye condition. Got his photo, too:

It was a nice day.

rayyan

(a temporary end to the series above)

Louise came close and asked me: "my dog's already 14, if i take him on the doorsteps, could we have a photo to remember him by? He's so cute, and shy." Took a couple of shots of the still quite active fellow, always on the move. Here's what she selected for a print:

That day, they got a visit from a much larger, even older friend -with an eye condition. Got his photo, too:

It was a nice day.

Corian: Lovely photos. More importantly, you did for Louise something much more valuable. Much much more. You gave her a reason to be happy.:salute:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Rayyan: Nice image! Probably better then they got from their photog. Why are they getting married in front of the tourist Information office? Is it "iconic"?

Cheers, Matt
+1. Good one, Rayyan.
The Tourist office definitely add something in the picture.

And Matt: thanks, my friend. :)

And thanks, Rayyan :)

rayyan

Rayyan, .... Can you tell us a bit more?

In the meantime i'm definitely in line for your new book: " From Venice to the Himalayas (the photographic journey of a modern Marco Polo) ".

:toocool:

OK. Now i'm your agent, so maybe i'll get a discount. :D :ROTFL:
Corian: Nikon D700 + ZF 35/2. pp was just a simple ' s ' curve; hue/sat..
tweaked the red/yellow up a bit. Nik sharpner pro..less than normal.
iso=400; 2 spot readings and set the average...white arch near left; red bricks left. bracket 3 shots -1/2; -1. I like a little darker..brings up the contrast. Telling it takes much longer!!

Let me know, if I can help further.

Regards.

p.s i did a gradient to control the tonality on the right when i did the ' s ' curve.

m_driscoll

Amen To That! Corlan, You Know Im A Sucka For Dog's! Superb!
Corlan: +1. Nice dog photos; nice effort on your part.

Rayyan: This is an unusual landscape for you. Flat like the desert (some parts of the desert, anyway) and green like the mountains. Strong color and contrast. Symmetry between the ground and sky works.

...Matt, Strong Color & Light!
Steve: Thanks. I struggled with the pp on this one. The lilies are a bit blown out. Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Corian: Nikon D700 + ZF 35/2. pp was just a simple ' s ' curve; hue/sat..
tweaked the red/yellow up a bit. Nik sharpner pro..less than normal.
iso=400; 2 spot readings and set the average...white arch near left; red bricks left. bracket 3 shots -1/2; -1. I like a little darker..brings up the contrast. Telling it takes much longer!!

Let me know, if I can help further.

Regards.

p.s i did a gradient to control the tonality on the right when i did the ' s ' curve.
Whew! Sounds Greek to me! I just shoot and print, but I love your results!

Lloyd

Rayyan: This is an unusual landscape for you. Flat like the desert (some parts of the desert, anyway) and green like the mountains. Strong color and contrast. Symmetry between the ground and sky works.
That is a beautiful image, Rayyan. Where was this taken?

rayyan

Rayyan, Beautiful Expanse!
+1, +1... on both counts. :thumbs:

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Whew! Sounds Greek to me! I just shoot and print, but I love your results!
That is a beautiful image, Rayyan. Where was this taken?
Steve, Matt, Jason, Lloyd: Thank you all very much. Somewhere in Bavaria.
Jason, maybe I make it sound complicated. My inadequacy as an explainer.

Regards.