The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

m_driscoll

Jorgen: Nice image. The lights and the steam blow-off give that sense of "papaya speed". Great framing with the people on either side. A window seat, some food and drink, a camera. Sounds like a nice deal for $1.50. Have you taken that trip?

Jason: Strong image made more powerful by it's lack of sharpness and it's tone. It has more pathos, implies less connection and more loneliness, as if they were fading away from us (and they are).

Tim: Nice photo. Good color and isolation. It's lack of sharpness suggests the quickness of the bee and your timely capture. We can infer that the bee moves very fast and moves on.

rayyan: Your photo posts are wonderfully eclectic and catholic in scope. A pleasure to see them delineate people and places of our world. :salute:

Corlan: Nice photo. The framing , color and texture work well. I like the similarity in color between the OOF background and the statue.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

Going further east I found another gentler, but no less elegant, mode of transport. very soothing!!

Another wonder, Rayyan. A peaceful feeling to this image. Your processing is really exceptional; one has the feeling that like Ansel Adams, you had your processing in mind when you made the image. :salute:

rayyan

rayyan: Your photo posts are wonderfully eclectic and catholic in scope. A pleasure to see them delineate people and places of our world. :salute:

Cheers, Matt

Going further east I found another gentler, but no less elegant, mode of transport. very soothing!!

Another wonder, Rayyan. A peaceful feeling to this image. Your processing is really exceptional; one has the feeling that like Ansel Adams, you had your processing in mind when you made the image. :salute:
Matt, Lloyd: I feel humbled gentlemen.:salute: Just wondering..Catholic...
Hmmm..must be something nice!!:ROTFL:

Best and kindest regards to two great guys.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thank you all for your kind words.

Corlan, beautiful faces in stone.

Rayyan, I like your boat photo. Great perspective, but where is it? My first impulse was China, but I'm not sure why.

Jorgen: Nice image. The lights and the steam blow-off give that sense of "papaya speed". Great framing with the people on either side. A window seat, some food and drink, a camera. Sounds like a nice deal for $1.50. Have you taken that trip?
I have indeed taken the ride, several times. It's a fascinating experience with loads of people getting on and off all the time, vendors travelling along, selling food and drinks, students who ask for ad hoq English lessons... and so on. It's not for anyone though. Once, I had to stand for the first four hours, it's third class only and no air-conditioning, smokers have to stand between the carriages to do their thing etc. And once, I sat next to another foreigner, hardly any of them on these trains, who wanted to talk about his journey around the world. And his ex-girlfriend, who left him somewhere in China for another guy (I wonder why :rolleyes: ). For five hours.

Highly recommended!

shtarka1

Yup, good guess Steve.

Talking about "models", just saw the 9.95 series you did with Ashwin. Great stuff (and excellent addition with the one taken by your friend Freddy)... but i definitely know now how to cast my vote for the Best Model/Actor 2010 Awards.
Let's call you Denzel from now on. :toocool:
Corlan, Thank You Kindly Buddy! Oh Yeah...When's The Last Time You Had Your Eye's Examined?:D

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I've bought a new TC, the TC-20EIII. This morning was the first day for testing, and I'll create a separate thread to show some of my experiences. Here's an hors d'œuvre:

D80 with 80-200 AF-S with TC-20EIII @ 400mm and f/5.6

Lloyd

I've bought a new TC, the TC-20EIII. This morning was the first day for testing, and I'll create a separate thread to show some of my experiences. Here's an hors d'œuvre:

D80 with 80-200 AF-S with TC-20EIII @ 400mm and f/5.6

Nice. Looks really good.

m_driscoll

Thank you all for your kind words...
I have indeed taken the ride, several times. It's a fascinating experience with loads of people getting on and off all the time, vendors travelling along, selling food and drinks, students who ask for ad hoq English lessons... and so on. It's not for anyone though. Once, I had to stand for the first four hours, it's third class only and no air-conditioning, smokers have to stand between the carriages to do their thing etc. And once, I sat next to another foreigner, hardly any of them on these trains, who wanted to talk about his journey around the world. And his ex-girlfriend, who left him somewhere in China for another guy (I wonder why :rolleyes: ). For five hours. Highly recommended!
Jorgen: Sounds like fun (once or twice, anyway).

...Another wonder, Rayyan. A peaceful feeling to this image. Your processing is really exceptional; one has the feeling that like Ansel Adams, you had your processing in mind when you made the image. :salute:
rayyan: +1. Very nice! :thumbs:

Matt, Lloyd: I feel humbled gentlemen.:salute: Just wondering..Catholic...
Hmmm..must be something nice!!:ROTFL:
Best and kindest regards to two great guys.
rayyan: +1. "Your photo posts are wonderfully diverse and universal in scope. A pleasure to see them depict people and places of our world. :thumbup: :ROTFL:

Nice. Looks really good.
Jorgen: Nice composition. The TC-E20III seems to work well with that lens (still can't get one here!). Looking forward to the entree.

Cheers, Matt

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks guys :)

Corlan, Thank You Kindly Buddy! Oh Yeah...When's The Last Time You Had Your Eye's Examined?:D
- a girl called, she asked if you were tall, dark and handsome.
- what did you answer?
- told her she had two out of three.

(from Deja Vu)

:ROTFL: :deadhorse: :D

Jorgen, nice one. Looking forward to the separate thread with your results.

Last edited:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Ok, time for a cup of coffee:

(had some rain interrupting a session outside, so took a couple of shots on the side)

Coffee, No grain:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Afternoon test session with the S5. Cool, cloudy weather, but that didn't seem to affect these guys.

S5 with 80-200 AF-S and TC20EIII @ 400mm and f/8

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Jorgen, the Hot Dogs are extremely impressive. Really.
On the technical side, are you happy of the details you get from the combo @ larger file size?

(the pink suit's nice photographically speaking, though subject wise i must admit being partial to Steve's blondes :D)

rayyan