The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

m_driscoll

Matt, those photos done with 24/1.4 looking so... Brassai's to me. Need to try this lens myself.
Alex: Thank you very much. You're too generous. Brassai's one of my photographic heros. It's is a great lens. As soon as I saw what Steve was shooting with it, I started looking for one. A little hard to get though like all new professional grade Nikon gear these days? Here's another photo.

D3s; 24mm f/1.4; 1/250s @ f/1.4; ISO 200

BTW: Really enjoying your Spain photos. Your landscape and architectural photos have a unique style and grand sweep to them.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Matt, you're right. We drove north to the Pyrenees and this is the place to stay! I just love it. This year though we had to move to France earlier because of the weather so I haven't shoot enough landscapes again! :(

14-24 is my primary lens now, that's true. I'll try to shoot Moscow with it later.
Alex: It will be fun to see your Moscow photos with it. It can probably pick up most of Red Square (is it still called that?).

Cheers, Matt

rayyan

Jorgen, those motor sport photos are very good. Especially the bikers and the bikes! As a biker myself I just love them and I kind of understand the one who's under the bike... Don't show him that photo :)

More photos from Spain (D3x, 14-24/2.8):
Alex: Lovely work here.:thumbup:

rayyan

A quick post. Time to go work in the garden. I'll be back,. Cheers, Matt.

1.D3s; 24mm f/1.4; 1/160s @ f/1.4; ISO 200

2.D3s; 24mm f/1.4; 1/40s @ f/1.4; ISO 200

3.D3s; 24mm f/1.4; 1/160s @ f/1.4; ISO 200

Alex: Thank you very much. You're too generous. Brassai's one of my photographic heros. It's is a great lens. As soon as I saw what Steve was shooting with it, I started looking for one. A little hard to get though like all new professional grade Nikon gear these days? Here's another photo.

D3s; 24mm f/1.4; 1/250s @ f/1.4; ISO 200

BTW: Really enjoying your Spain photos. Your landscape and architectural photos have a unique style and grand sweep to them.

Cheers, Matt

Matt: You got a party going there friend. The rendition of this new toy you are showing us is :bugeyes:

Enjoy it with good fortune my friend.

excellent use Matt. This last one is way up there pal. way up.:thumbs:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
A quick post. Time to go work in the garden. I'll be back,. Cheers, Matt.

3.D3s; 24mm f/1.4; 1/160s @ f/1.4; ISO 200

Matt, results look quite promising. I particularly like this one, nice idea well executed. Reminds me also a little, atmosphere wise, of Steve's series in the furniture shop.

The window shot above is also very nice, in the vein of your previous work.

An idle invitation (to introspection?). I like this, Rayyan.

Yellow...

D3, Zeiss 100 Makro Planar:)
Yellow and Violet, a smooth exercise in complementary colors (and one of my fav associations). The first one is outstanding, with the tender sharp pistils and smoothodelicious bokeh. :thumbup:

RomanJohnston

Just catching up. Will submit some of my favorites 1 from each Nikon camera I have owned.

1. Nikon Cool Pix - First digital camera.

2. Nikon D70 - Trying to get a new perspective on Horseshoe Bend.

3. Nikon D2H - Stuck around in the rain at the tulip festival to see what I could get.

4. Nikon D2X - This is from 5 frames using my 12MM super wide.

6. Nikon D300 - One of my favorite places here in Portland The Japanese Gardens.

Last edited:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Roman- nice to see you around here :)

Love your work as always... Fourht light's great, and Japanese Gardens is splendid. But i must say that what you achieved with the "vintage" Coolpix is simply astonishing. Photographically and processing wise (sure enough, you need to be pretty well versed in the technical aspects to be able to make 40" fine art prints from 12 Mp sensors ;) )

Hope to see much more :toocool:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Beautiful yellows, Steve.

Roman, your colours are beyond reality. Fantastic photos.

Here's my humble contribution for today: another blurred photo. Must remember the tripod the next time :)

S5 with Tamron 17-50 @ 50mm, f/7.1 and 1/30s

RomanJohnston

Wow...you snuck in there pretty quick Corlan. Changed out 4th light with the Horseshoe Bend shot. Will post 4th light for those who read this.

Sorry about the confusion folks.....

Here is 4th Light.