The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

m_driscoll

Matt: You got a party going there friend. The rendition of this new toy you are showing us is :bugeyes:
Enjoy it with good fortune my friend.
excellent use Matt. This last one is way up there pal. way up.:thumbs:
Rayyan: Thank you, my friend. :D I like the last one so much that I posted it twice!

Rayyan: Beautiful framing and color. The strong diagonal composition works very well.

Matt....You Tearing It up With That 24!!!! Awesome Stuff! I Knew You Two Would Get Along Well!:)
Steve: Thank you! :D

Yellow...

D3, Zeiss 100 Makro Planar:)
Steve: Great macros! This one's very nice (apparently others agree, also). The OOF foreground in yellow and the focused stamen on the blue background's terrific.

Matt, results look quite promising. I particularly like this one, nice idea well executed. Reminds me also a little, atmosphere wise, of Steve's series in the furniture shop.
The window shot above is also very nice, in the vein of your previous work...
Corlan: Thank you! and, thanks for pointing out that i posted it twice.

Beautiful yellows, Steve.
Roman, your colours are beyond reality. Fantastic photos.
Here's my humble contribution for today: another blurred photo. Must remember the tripod the next time.
S5 with Tamron 17-50 @ 50mm, f/7.1 and 1/30s
Jorgen: Still looks pretty good! Does that lens have VR? The Bridgestone background's ad-worthy.

Wow...you snuck in there pretty quick Corlan. Changed out 4th light with the Horseshoe Bend shot. Will post 4th light for those who read this.
Sorry about the confusion folks.....
Here is 4th Light.
Roman: All of these are incredible. Beautiful work. Thanks for posting.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Excellent, Matt. Really.
And i'd definitely keep the full blown version, where the contrast in textures, the reflections swarming with details and the "double depth" (or even triple) gives a full tri-dimensionnality.

One of your best shots, IMHO.

(maybe i'd slightly revisit the processing in the lower foreground... just maybe)

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jorgen: Still looks pretty good! Does that lens have VR? The Bridgestone background's ad-worthy.
No, neither of my lenses have VR, but my arms do :D

The car runs on (and is sponsored by) Yokohama tires. I have to find a circuit with the right background, or maybe I could add a text, "Yokohama, sharp as tack".

Hey Everyone!

Had a shoot Friday, then was out of town for personal stuff.

But here's a couple outtakes...

Oh how I love my Zeiss 21 2.8!!!

m_driscoll

Corlan...Enjoy....:)
Rayyan....Wonderfully Quiescent!
Rayyan: +1. Definitely quiescent! :salute:

Love This Shot Matt! Brotha Your On Fire!!!!:thumbs:
Steve: Thank you, sir. :D

Excellent, Matt. Really.
And i'd definitely keep the full blown version, where the contrast in textures, the reflections swarming with details and the "double depth" (or even triple) gives a full tri-dimensionnality. One of your best shots, IMHO.
(maybe i'd slightly revisit the processing in the lower foreground... just maybe).
Corlan: Thank you for the comments. I'll take a look at evening out the detail in the foreground a bit and repost. :)

No, neither of my lenses have VR, but my arms do :D
The car runs on (and is sponsored by) Yokohama tires. I have to find a circuit with the right background, or maybe I could add a text, "Yokohama, sharp as tack".
Those are some amazing colours, Matt.
Jorgen: Thanks. It's tweaking in LR3, LightZone and Nik Color Efex Pro 3.0.
The Yokohama text probably wouldn't work in this instance. :)

Hey Everyone!
Had a shoot Friday, then was out of town for personal stuff.
But here's a couple outtakes...

Oh how I love my Zeiss 21 2.8!!!
Jason: Great citiscapes. Incredible sky.

S5 with Tamron 17-50 @ 17mm and f/2.8
Jorgen: You have a rough life! Speaking of colors: what are the ladies in blue and orange doing? Very nice composition. That checkered path really ties it together. :salute:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com