The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Matt: really nice series. I like them all but my favorite is the last closeup of the guitar. Great B&W tones. :thumbup:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Happy Fourth of July weekend to all who celebrate it here in the states. To everyone else, happy weekend!

rayyan

Happy Fourth of July to all my American Friends around the World and at DPI.

This is the time to Admire and Praise the Birth of a Great Nation.

God Bless and best Wishes for now and the Future America.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Tim, Lloyd, great shots!

Tim, smooth focus and light for a lifelike quality result.

Lloyd like i guess everyone else i was wondering how (****) you could have found this more-than-perfect situation.
Nicely seen and well excuted :thumbs:

Happy ID!

T

tetsrfun

This AM, A "firecracker" 5k....Greatness, undiminished by age..."Joanie"
(70-200 VRII)

And the winner...

Steve

Last edited:

shtarka1

Thank You Rayyan! Have & Wonderful Time With Hamza & Your Guests!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member

Postcard, XIIIth c. church.

One of the -lightly processed- test shots, at sunrise:

Actual shot about 90 min. later (file just before final processing):

(D3X - PC Nikkor 28mm f/3.5 - ACR + PS)

Lloyd

Postcard, XIIIth c. church.

One of the -lightly processed- test shots, at sunrise:
Actual shot about 90 min. later (file just before final processing):

(D3X - PC Nikkor 28mm f/3.5 - ACR + PS)

Great old church, and a terrific shot, Corlan... especially if that's before final processing!

Lloyd

Thank you, my friend. And I join Steve in wishing you a great visit with Hamza and the rest of your guests!

Lloyd

This AM, A "firecracker" 5k....Greatness, undiminished by age..."Joanie"
(70-200 VRII)

And the winner...
Steve
Great shots Steve. :thumbup:

(BTW, it was fun to show these to my wife. She was analyzing Joanie's stride, and being yet again amazed by what great shape she's in... still.)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Great old church, and a terrific shot, Corlan... especially if that's before final processing!
Thanks Lloyd. Well you know, the usual: a bit of perspective work**, couple of darn birds, the garbage can.. a bit of curves, pop and sharpening for print.

** despite the quite goob job of the ol' AIS PC, an excellent lens with an awesome :shocked: build quality.
(when using that type of lens, can't help thinking that's too bad we're well in the plastic age).

T

tetsrfun

Great shots Steve. :thumbup:

(BTW, it was fun to show these to my wife. She was analyzing Joanie's stride, and being yet again amazed by what great shape she's in... still.)
Inside "baseball" shots, of no merit other than perhaps to show the 70-200 VRII for "action".

The GF is the runner but she and others commented that Joanie has a rather odd stride....I will have to re-look at her Olympic run but I think that is the way she ran when she was young. (For the "wife" Joanie's 5k time 17:45:20, win time 13:48:43 and win female 16:14:62...FWIW)

Steve

T

tetsrfun

"She was analyzing Joanie's stride, and being yet again amazed by what great shape she's in... still."
Well since it's a slow day, I will try and help your wife's stride analysis....Perhaps I can justify the post, not as photo art but as an homage to Muybridge.

Steve

Last edited:

Lloyd

"She was analyzing Joanie's stride, and being yet again amazed by what great shape she's in... still."
Well since it's a slow day, I will try and help your wife's stride analysis....Perhaps I can justify the post, not as photo art but as an homage to Muybridge.

Steve
Great series Steve. Joanie always was known from her rather odd technique. But who can complain about the results?!? Sort of like people criticizing Michael Johnson's technique. I remember him suggesting that since he held the world record, perhaps it was everyone else that might want to consider running like him!

Great time for Joanie. My wife's best 5K time last year was 18:10 (Actually, it was her only stand-alone 5K last year, the others were in triathlons), and she's "about" Joanie's age (I'm sworn to secrecy on the exact number. :D). I only wish I could run that fast at my age!