The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

rayyan

Rayyan: Missed this one. :salute: These two have that parting/sunset look for me.

Rayyan: +1. Light is all there is!

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt: Thanks friend.

Some flowers on the way back from the Wallingford Kiddies Parade (yearly event in my neighborhood). Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. D3s; 70-300 VRII; 300mm; 1/250s @ f/8; ISO 200

2. D3s; 70-300 VRII; 300mm; 1/800s @ f/5.6; ISO 200

3. D3s; 70-300 VRII; 300mm; 1/500s @ f/5.6; ISO 200

Matt: I love all 3 shots. I like how you have managed to retain the colors
that sparkle. Lovely.:thumbs:

Five, or six, weeks of Seafair started today in Seattle (sometimes it seems longer!). That means little and big parades, neighborhood festivals, hydro races, Blue Angels flying overhead (if they can afford the avgas?), pirates, clowns, commodores, princesses (no princes?), a King and Queen, and the fleet's in town (a few ships anyway).

Today was the Wallingford Kiddies Parade. The route is a few blocks from our house. Behind me, as i sit at the computer, there is a box with some photos of myself, my sister and my brother riding our bikes in the parade. We were decked out as King Neptune, a mermaid, and a seahorse with yards, and yards of colored crepe paper (highly flammable; couldn't do it today). My brother got first prize in his category.

Anyway, here's a few photos from the parade. thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

3. D3s; 70-300mm VRII; 300mm; 1/100s @ f/8; ISO 200

4. D3s; 70-300mm VRII; 300mm; 1/60s @ f/7.1; ISO 200

5. D3s; 70-300mm VRII; 300mm; 1/60s @ f/7.1; ISO 200

Matt: Must be great fun. These are my favorites. They convey to me the
joy of the fair. The joy of the children. And of course the joy of the photog.:salute:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Wonderful serenity, Tim.
Perfection in every aspect, exposure, composition, rendition - everything.
Love it.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

click for larger size

Nikon D300 • Nikkor AF-S 1.4/50mm G • 1/640 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thank you Steen and Lloyd. Greatly appreciated.

And I love the lines the windows make on that building Steen! Very "M.C. Escher!

Lloyd

Five, or six, weeks of Seafair started today in Seattle (sometimes it seems longer!). That means little and big parades, neighborhood festivals, hydro races, Blue Angels flying overhead (if they can afford the avgas?), pirates, clowns, commodores, princesses (no princes?), a King and Queen, and the fleet's in town (a few ships anyway).

Today was the Wallingford Kiddies Parade. The route is a few blocks from our house. Behind me, as i sit at the computer, there is a box with some photos of myself, my sister and my brother riding our bikes in the parade. We were decked out as King Neptune, a mermaid, and a seahorse with yards, and yards of colored crepe paper (highly flammable; couldn't do it today). My brother got first prize in his category.

Anyway, here's a few photos from the parade. thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

2. D3s; 70-300mm VRII; 155mm; 1/400s @ f/10; ISO 200

More goodness. :salute:

m_driscoll

My Favorites! Well Shot Matt!
Steve: Thanks. :D
Matt: Thank you so much.
Matt: Be it music, the marketplace, the flowers, we are more the richer for
having you share Seattle with us.:salute:...
Matt: Thanks friend.
Matt: I love all 3 shots. I like how you have managed to retain the colors
that sparkle. Lovely.:thumbs:
Matt: Must be great fun. These are my favorites. They convey to me the
joy of the fair. The joy of the children. And of course the joy of the photog.:salute:
Rayyan: You're welcome and thank you very much! (insert big smile here) The parade seems to be getting bigger every year. It's fun to see all of the little kids (and parents) enjoying themselves. I think this is also the first parade of the Summer for the drill teams and marching bands (fiercely dedicated and competitive bunch).

Just found this one hidden among the shots from the island a few weeks ago. Monhegan Island Lighthouse.
Tim: The light is great in this photo. It brings out the classic simplicity and planes of the architecture.

click for larger size

Nikon D300 • Nikkor AF-S 1.4/50mm G • 1/640 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX
Steen: Nicely seen with the juxtaposition of the kayakers and the building. It gives it a human scale comparison. Also like the way the two triangular "ground" shapes in the foreground lead into the angles of the building.

Meet Jim The Dog.
Tim: Good looking and friendly seeming dog. That slight quizzical cant to his head is neat. Makes me want to stick out my hand so he can lick it.:thumbup:

Nice set Matt. Some great shots there.
Very nice! :thumbup: You're certainly making great use of that terrific zoom. I sure to love mine.
Lloyd: Thank you. :D It's an excellent all purpose lens! It's ideal for things like this parade. And it's IQ, even at 300mm, is pretty darn good.

Cheers, Matt.

m_driscoll

Anything worth doing, is worth over doing! Here's a few more from yesterday's Kiddie Parade. We had to look twice at the girl in the second photo. She looks just like our daughter at that age wearing the same school uniform. Cheers, Matt

1. D3s; 70-300mm VRII; 300mm; 1/200s @ f/11; ISO 200

2. D3s; 70-300mm VRII; 125mm; 1/160s @ f/10; ISO 200

3. D3s; 70-300mm VRII; 300mm; 1/125s @ f/9; ISO 200

4. D3s; 70-300mm VRII; 300mm; 1/200s @ f/11; ISO 200

5. D3s; 70-300mm VRII; 300mm; 1/160s @ f/10; ISO 200