The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

rayyan

While we're talking oldies, and painting like processing...

No Santas handy around here, just some roses in the garden. Pink, and red:

( from the D700 - a couple of PS layers later - and yes, i've probably posted the second one last year :eek: )
Corlan: Masterful No Santa needed. Love the Red Rose!!:thumbs:

rayyan

We went for a walk around the neighborhood with my mother today. I took my camera. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. D3s; 105mm VR; 1/160s @ f/3.2; ISO 800

2. D3s; 105mm VR; 1/200s @ f/3.2; ISO 800

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt: Beautiful neighborhood! Mom must have felt great looking at the flowers.

While the set is beautiful, the above two are simply gorgeous for their color,
the iq and oh! their delicacy.

Well done sir.:thumbup:

rayyan

For those of you who think you have a job that is too hard, here's a soft alternative ;)

D300 with 70-300 ED @ 300mm and f/8

Or you can just go for a ride...

D300 with 70-300 ED @ 200mm and f/8

Thanks guys. It does indeed run on gas, LPG, which Thailand has a lot of up in the Northeast. These are two-stroke engines with oil injection and they sound like machine guns when they're running.

They are used for preparing the soil for the next rice crop. In the part of Thailand where the photo was taken this morning, some farmers get three crops per year, and all kinds of technology is used to speed up the process. Here's the next step, leveling the paddy field:

D300 with 70-300 ED @ 220mm and f/8

One more. We like mud :D

D300 with 70-300 ED @ 145mm and f/8

... and a little something for the insects.

D300 with 70-300 ED @ 199mm and f/6.3

Jorgen: Thank you for bringing us the ' easy ' side of life. The slog thru the mud has been very descriptively captured. The BW treatment adds the grit
necessary in keeping with the harshness.

I love such ' easy work ' photographs. :salute:

rayyan

Perfectly shot & quoted!:)
Oh Yes!!!:thumbs:
Steve: Much Appreciated. Much!!

Very kewl, and the colors just jump off the screen.
Lloyd: Thanks. Am experimenting nowadays.

Rayyan: Beautiful...painting and photo! Is that her painting on a photograph of herself, as photographed by you? :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

Rayyan: Nicely done. I like the proportions of the black field and the three film frames. :cool: Cheers, Matt.

Matt: :salute: Photo of a painting of the women doing painting...well yes. I think that's what it was!:D

People, I am grateful for your kind words. :salute::salute:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Rayyan: thanks, and good to see you around :)
Love the Ayesha's portrait's portrait. :D The focus plane really serves the theme. Interesting too, the way you revisited the "woman in red" as a sequence. But that's a fantastic photo whatever you do with it ;)

Steve: terrific b&w as always. There's style and drama in the first one (though i take it you guys had less rain than us the last few days), and a lot of love in the next. Great!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Two candid shots, about 45 minutes apart walking past the same location, from the car to a church shoot, and back . Camera format had been switched from 4*5 to 2*3 in the meantime...

Not really sure about the PP, but that's kinda like i recall the moment.

Lloyd

Two candid shots, about 45 minutes apart walking past the same location, from the car to a church shoot, and back . Camera format had been switched from 4*5 to 2*3 in the meantime...

Corlan: These are sensational! And I think they really work as a set. Love the PP... even if it's not really about that. :clap::clap::clap:

shtarka1

Dreamy,Surreal, Fantastic!!!

rayyan

Rayyan: thanks, and good to see you around :)
Love the Ayesha's portrait's portrait. :D The focus plane really serves the theme. Interesting too, the way you revisited the "woman in red" as a sequence. But that's a fantastic photo whatever you do with it ;)
Corlan: Gracias, and +2 gracias ( s ) senor.

Surreal, superb atmosphere, excellent conversion...gorgeous set in an atmosphere of romance and mystery... Thomas Hardy? Bravo!:clap::clap: