The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

OK you just dropped the board average age by a decade :wtf: :deadhorse: :D

First shoot? So you're very lucky, or quite gifted. I'll opt for the latter :toocool:
Yeah...I'm just way to young for this forum, I know:D But...some fresh thoughts are never a bad thing...I hope:grin:

I'm not sure, but I think it was mostly luck:eek:

m_driscoll

...Matt: No Art in college or in life. Just Mathematics, in college and in life. But then again IMHO that is the purest from of Art?
Appreciated Matt, very much...
Rayyan: Well done despite your education. Just kidding. My daughter is the mathematician in the family (physicist) and she'd agree. I stopped at second year calculus, and even I would agree. Math is everywhere, and certainly in Art. :thumbup:
Rayyan: Two very different images. Interesting textures and lines in the first. Looks like they're moving through the field harvesting? Colors,and IQ in both are great. :thumbs: Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

shtarka1

Again, just some recent shoots. Don't expect any connection between them;)

Thunderstorm:
View attachment 33581
Waterdrops:
View attachment 33582
View attachment 33583
Little Bird:
View attachment 33584
Ice:
View attachment 33585
This is actually a photographed film poster. I like te depth in the picture...keep in mind that the «original» was completely 2D;):
View attachment 33586
Alarm pistol (hope this is the correct term)
View attachment 33588
A Natural Talent You Are! Great Stuff!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
The dungeon of this XI-XII c. castle only got a wall left standing. These are views from the entrance, still have to fight my way into fields to get the -best for the dungeon- rear view. Will probably have to wait till after the harvest, it's quite a long walk on that other side.

In the meantime...

Any preference, c&c?
Have to go back there with the tripod, inadvertedly left home (well, actually someone emptied & cleaned the trunk :mad: :rolleyes:).

Last edited:

rayyan

Nice details in the shop window, Rayyan... wouldn't say it looks too cheap a place :)
Corlan: Thanks. No, not a cheap shop; but one selling items at exorbitant prices.

Rayyan: Well done despite your education. Just kidding. My daughter is the mathematician in the family (physicist) and she'd agree. I stopped at second year calculus, and even I would agree. Math is everywhere, and certainly in Art. :thumbup:

Rayyan: Two very different images. Interesting textures and lines in the first. Looks like they're moving through the field harvesting? Colors,and IQ in both are great. :thumbs: Cheers, Matt

Matt: Sincere thanks pal. Tried engineering..bad choice. Found an American
Bank. Excellent choice. They were into Derivatives and Options and Hedges.
They wanted people. I was available. I retired early..very early. They treated me good...very very good.

Thank you Big American Bank...:salute:

I Shall Never Complain About My Job again! Well Shot & Documented!
Steve: Right you are my friend. And Thanks.

Mr. Hilfiger Looks Thrilled! Time For Another Wallet Cleaning!:D Nice Grab Rayyan!
Steve: I had been to this place earlier. He was fleecing them!!

I truly love this one!:salute:
Lloyd: Thank you sir.

Best regards to all you folks.

rayyan

Another one of my advantages is that I have a small one. People don't feel
threatened by it. Also it forces me to get near. The smaller the better and nearer I say..

I have been happy with mine so far..so have others.

m_driscoll

...Thanks Matt! Seeking Professional Help For Cropping...:p:)
Steve: I can tell when you crop! You should leave the little black edges around the photo. That way, we can see that you respected the integrity of your vision at the moment of capture. :ROTFL:

The dungeon of this XI-XII c. castle only got a wall left standing. These are views from the entrance, still have to fight my way into fields to get the -best for the dungeon- rear view. Will probably have to wait till after the harvest, it's quite a long walk on that other side.
In the meantime...

Any preference, c&c?
Have to go back there with the tripod, inadvertedly left home (well, actually someone emptied & cleaned the trunk :mad: :rolleyes:).
Corlan: At the moment, I'm partial to the second image. The vectors leading to the castle are stronger; seems more balanced and "complete" as a photo. On my laptop, the road and the wall in the first are very light and don't draw the eye in to a subject. Cool pp! :salute:

threatened by it. Also it forces me to get near. The smaller the better and nearer I say..
Rayyan: Okee dokee.

Cheers, Matt.

rayyan

Sometimes I have no choice. I have to use my big hun. I just show it to them so that they can get used to it being there.

Putting the hood on depends on the situation. I personally do not like to hood it. Interferes with the ergonomics, becomes unwieldy. Another variable to contend with.

But does protect the front end from damage and any untoward effects.

It helps if you let them fondle your equipment. Makes it more personal. Of course I use sweet talk all the time...

shtarka1

Kindness Begets Kindness! Very Nice Rayyan!

shtarka1

Sometimes I have no choice. I have to use my big hun. I just show it to them so that they can get used to it being there.

Putting the hood on depends on the situation. I personally do not like to hood it. Interferes with the ergonomics, becomes unwieldy. Another variable to contend with.

But does protect the front end from damage and any untoward effects.

It helps if you let them fondle your equipment. Makes it more personal. Of course I use sweet talk all the time...

Superb!

shtarka1

In the meantime...

Any preference, c&c?

Corlan, i prefer the tone, reflection & greater distance to the castle of the 2nd one. Both extremely nice!

rayyan

In the meantime...

Any preference, c&c?

Corlan: The ' antique ' treatment goes very well with the subject. I prefer the
second one as that's what castles are in my imagination! Water, bridge, moat. knights, maidens. Your photo conjures up these ideas in my mind. That
is what a photo should do.:thumbs:

As to cleaning your trunk...I hope it was not some outsider!!:eek: If they did u a favor, u owe them thanks. Maybe a dinner with candles and your country
wine. ;)