The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Lloyd

Someone has asked me why I seem to photograph elder ladies? Is it because my ' entourage ' runs away the younger ones?

Of course, that is not correct. I travel alone, always. Except on a mountain climb, for obvious reasons.

I generally prefer the experience of age. But not always.

The vitality, challenge, passion and the inherent curiosity of a young age always entices me....

It is like a breath of fresh air. Refreshing. Yes Sir. A breath of fresh mountain air.
Beautiful portraits of beautiful subjects. Very much like a breath of fresh air!

Lloyd

I had seen it before.

Another time, in Another country.

Everybody had it associated with something or the other.

But here?

I approached carefully.

Would you like a ride sir?

To where?

Sugar.

Is that a name?

Yes. It is a Bar. We take you there. For free.

Why? Anyway I don't drink.

Well you can order water for you and a drink for your companion.

I looked around. I was alone.

What companion? Besides why can't I drink here with the companion? It seems big enough.

The company is better there.

How about giving me a free ride, I am going half way there...

LOL. Nice shot, good story. Sugars must be an interesting place... and is Sugar also a Mary Kay distributor?:ROTFL: (Mary Kay, Alice, Jane, etc.etc.:thumbup:)

Lloyd

I´m just in for a short break in the mountain holidays. A lot of great images has accumulated in here lately! Really! :)

This little mountain flower is so small that really pleasing images as such are almost undoable with all the grass covering and protecting (a flower´s life is hard up there :D ). Anyway; when you´re lucky enough to spot one or more it means the temp is definitely over 10 degrees C, my wife has taught me. Below that, it just covers up, becomes almost invisible and waits for better days.

Fuji S5, Micro-Nikkor 3,5/55

leif e
Nice! Thanks for sharing Leif. Enjoy your cool mountain weather.:thumbup:

leif e

Thanks Lloyd, and I will. Actually it´s been quite pleasant - hoping for more the last week. This guy´s happy up there as long it doesn´t rain - and the sheep aren´t too scary!:D
leif e
S5, 2,5/105 Nikkor AI

shtarka1

I had seen it before.

Another time, in Another country.

Everybody had it associated with something or the other.

But here?

I approached carefully.

Would you like a ride sir?

To where?

Sugar.

Is that a name?

Yes. It is a Bar. We take you there. For free.

Why? Anyway I don't drink.

Well you can order water for you and a drink for your companion.

I looked around. I was alone.

What companion? Besides why can't I drink here with the companion? It seems big enough.

The company is better there.

How about giving me a free ride, I am going half way there...

Rayyan, I Think We Should Rent The Pink Sugar Shack & Gather All Of Our DPI Brothers & Sisters & Paint The Town Red In HDR!;) Funky Mobile Shot!:)

shtarka1

I´m just in for a short break in the mountain holidays. A lot of great images has accumulated in here lately! Really! :)

This little mountain flower is so small that really pleasing images as such are almost undoable with all the grass covering and protecting (a flower´s life is hard up there :D ). Anyway; when you´re lucky enough to spot one or more it means the temp is definitely over 10 degrees C, my wife has taught me. Below that, it just covers up, becomes almost invisible and waits for better days.

Fuji S5, Micro-Nikkor 3,5/55

leif e
Exquisite color & flow Leif! So Very Nice!

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd, and I will. Actually it´s been quite pleasant - hoping for more the last week. This guy´s happy up there as long it doesn´t rain - and the sheep aren´t too scary!:D
leif e
S5, 2,5/105 Nikkor AI
Doesn't look scared in this great shot! Very nice.

Lloyd

Our nephew was in town trying out for the US Under-18 baseball team. He's only 15, so we knew he had a slim chance at best, but it was a good experience for him. Here's a shot of him diving for a ground ball:

D3, 70-200/2.8 VRII @1/640, 200mm f2.8 ISO 4000 (this shot is cropped somewhat. LR3 processing)

Here's a 100% crop. Not bad ISO 4000 performance.

m_driscoll

Steve/Corlan/Lloyd/Rayyan: Gentlemen, thank you!
:D

Rayyan: Great portraits and pink limo! The smile in the first and the "look" in the second are well captured and presented. :thumbs: "Sugars" must be very classy to have it's own shuttle. :LOL:

Steve: Very "saxy" photos (somebody must have already said that? Come to think of it, it was you!). The B&W's superb. I'm going to say #'s 4 & 5 are my favorites. The sax seems to be pulled, ever so slightly, out of the liquid blackness. :salute:

Leif: Beautiful flower and handsome dog! Have fun in the mountains. :thumbup:

Rayyan, I Think We Should Rent The Pink Sugar Shack & Gather All Of Our DPI Brothers & Sisters & Paint The Town Red In HDR!;) Funky Mobile Shot!:)
Steve/Rayyan: I'm in!

Lloyd: Nice capture and good hustle on your nephew's part. :salute:

Cheers,. Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

rayyan

Beautiful portraits of beautiful subjects. Very much like a breath of fresh air!
Lloyd, thanks.

LOL. Nice shot, good story. Sugars must be an interesting place... and is Sugar also a Mary Kay distributor?:ROTFL: (Mary Kay, Alice, Jane, etc.etc.:thumbup:)
Rayyan: Great portraits and pink limo! The smile in the first and the "look" in the second are well captured and presented. :thumbs: "Sugars" must be very classy to have it's own shuttle. :LOL:

Steve/Rayyan: I'm in!

Cheers,. Matt.

Lloyd, Steve, Matt: I am IN. We call it the ' Sisterhood Without Borders ' :ROTFL:

shtarka1

Our nephew was in town trying out for the US Under-18 baseball team. He's only 15, so we knew he had a slim chance at best, but it was a good experience for him. Here's a shot of him diving for a ground ball:

D3, 70-200/2.8 VRII @1/640, 200mm f2.8 ISO 4000 (this shot is cropped somewhat. LR3 processing)

Talk about an Awesome Grab! Super Hustle on your nephews part also!

rayyan

Lloyd: Good to start early. Wish him the best from me. Good hustle and good capture.:thumbs:

Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

D3s; 1/180s @ f/2.8; ISO 200.

Matt: Nice archway. I love the granite-like colors along with the iron! :thumbs: