The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks Lloyd, and I will. Actually it´s been quite pleasant - hoping for more the last week. This guy´s happy up there as long it doesn´t rain - and the sheep aren´t too scary!:D
leif e
S5, 2,5/105 Nikkor AI
Beautiful all the way, Leif!

Rayyan, I Think We Should Rent The Pink Sugar Shack & Gather All Of Our DPI Brothers & Sisters & Paint The Town Red In HDR!;) Funky Mobile Shot!:)
+1
Sounds like fun, Rayyan.

(maybe did they provide a "companion" on site?) :rolleyes: :D

Our nephew was in town trying out for the US Under-18 baseball team. He's only 15, so we knew he had a slim chance at best, but it was a good experience for him. Here's a shot of him diving for a ground ball:

Here's a 100% crop. Not bad ISO 4000 performance.
Very slim chance indeed, esp? if it's like soccer where youth selections ages are based on year of birth (so -18 can actually be 19). Just being there is terrific for him.

The shot's really great, Lloyd.
And ISO4000 extremely good.

Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

D3s; 1/180s @ f/2.8; ISO 200.
Nice lines and textures, Matt.

Along the way on the hill I stopped for some fruits and refreshment....
Beauty, and beauties, Rayyan :)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
We had a ray of sun between the clouds. No glorious exotic models handy, so i tried a little Rayyan on Lady Bug.

- "read your manual my friend. You shoudln't try macro under windy conditions" she said.
- "but light's nice, and you look good on your leaf... and i have VR"
- "doesn't matter. Won't work".
- "hmm. Just a quick take?"
- "ok, one. But you won't get my sharpest figure. And i'm in a hurry so i'll keep walking".
- "never mind..."

Clic, then she went, flying away.

Well, she was right :)

(nope, no crop, Matt)

Last edited:

Lloyd

Lloyd: Nice capture and good hustle on your nephew's part. :salute:

Cheers,. Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Lloyd: Good to start early. Wish him the best from me. Good hustle and good capture.:thumbs:
Lloyd and Matt, impressive shots!
Talk about an Awesome Grab! Super Hustle on your nephews part also!
Very slim chance indeed, esp? if it's like soccer where youth selections ages are based on year of birth (so -18 can actually be 19). Just being there is terrific for him.

The shot's really great, Lloyd.
And ISO4000 extremely good.
Great shot, Lloyd.
Thank you everyone.

Corlan: Yes, that is how they do it for the U-18 team as well. To add to the difficulty for my nephew, there were only two players from his home state, and the the tryouts consisted of a tournament played primarily by teams from different states. He and his friend were assigned to a team from a state which already had about 20 players, and the coaches for that team knew those players, but not my nephew or his friend. As a result, they saw limited playing time. The good news is, he got some good experience, and, even better, his parents report that he apparently caught the attention of some college scouts, which is what they were really hoping for anyway.

Lloyd

We had a ray of sun between the clouds. No glorious exotic models handy, so i tried a little Rayyan on Lady Bug.

- "read your manual my friend. You shoudln't try macro under windy conditions" she said.
- "ok, one. But you won't get my sharpest figure. And i'm in a hurry so i'll keep walking".
- "never mind..."

Well, maybe not tack sharp, but a darn nice image all the same.:thumbup:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Well, maybe not tack sharp, but a darn nice image all the same.:thumbup:
Certainly not "tack sharp" :deadhorse: :D But i'll like it anyway...
Thanks Lloyd :)

Thank you everyone.

Corlan: Yes, that is how they do it for the U-18 team as well. To add to the difficulty for my nephew, there were only two players from his home state, and the the tryouts consisted of a tournament played primarily by teams from different states. He and his friend were assigned to a team from a state which already had about 20 players, and the coaches for that team knew those players, but not my nephew or his friend. As a result, they saw limited playing time. The good news is, he got some good experience, and, even better, his parents report that he apparently caught the attention of some college scouts, which is what they were really hoping for anyway.
Being incorporated as an extra in an existing squad is a hard one, and even a bit unfair (had a comparable experience/predicament in soccer many many years ago -it turned out ok nevertheless, though i chose a different path). The experience is priceless. And if he caught some attention, that's great.

I'm not too versed in baseball, is it a big thing in college nowadays? Thought it was not an easy way into scholarship...

Wishing him the very best!

rayyan

No glorious exotic models handy, so i tried a little Rayyan on Lady Bug.

- "never mind..."

(nope, no crop, Matt)

Corlan: Doesn't work on ' bug/s ' of any kind!:ROTFL:

m_driscoll

Lloyd and Matt, impressive shots!
...Matt: Nice archway. I love the granite-like colors along with the iron! :thumbs:
+1. Interesting detail. Lots of shapes and lines.
Gentlemen: Thank you very much! :D

Beautiful texture,lines & comp...but if i find out you Cropped this, i will be highly disappointed!:ROTFL::rolleyes::D
Crops? Crops? I do no stinkin' crops!

...Lloyd, Steve, Matt: I am IN. We call it the ' Sisterhood Without Borders ' :ROTFL:
Catchy name. Look good on tee shirts and baseball caps. But, where's the pink limo located?

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll