The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Lloyd

Maybe my favorite shot from the weekend. A little triathlon fan, waiting for her Daddy to finish. The heat was getting to her a bit, but she was working on that water bottle. (Mom was trying to get her to stay in the shade near the bleachers, but she had other ideas.)

D3, 70-200/2.8 VRII. 1/4000, f2.8, ISO 200

Last edited:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Maybe my favorite shot from the weekend.
No wonder!
Adorable subject, and fine story, perfectly captured -DoF, composition, light and colors are spot on. :thumbs:

Btw Lloyd, just saw the yellow watch photo and comments upstairs. This is a great image, but truly i found your one-liner "i'm like the goofy watch..." even more sensible. The kind of quote to be remembered by... (if you don't mind me saying that).

edit: typed "Matt" instead of "Lloyd" -definitely needing a nap here... :deadhorse: :eek:

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Great shot, Lloyd.

Hacker, that's a really superb series. What celebration was it? Do they do that every year? I have to go to S'pore more often!

Lloyd

No wonder!
Adorable subject, and fine story, perfectly captured -DoF, composition, light and colors are spot on. :thumbs:

Btw Lloyd, just saw the yellow watch photo and comments upstairs. This is a great image, but truly i found your one-liner "i'm like the goofy watch..." even more sensible. The kind of quote to be remembered by... (if you don't mind me saying that).

edit: typed "Matt" instead of "Lloyd" -definitely needing a nap here... :deadhorse: :eek:
Thanks Corlan... on both. And, I don't mind at all. :salute:

Great shot, Lloyd.
Thank you Jorgen.

RomanJohnston

Maybe my favorite shot from the weekend. A little triathlon fan, waiting for her Daddy to finish. The heat was getting to her a bit, but she was working on that water bottle. (Mom was trying to get her to stay in the shade near the bleachers, but she had other ideas.)

Too cute!

Roman

rayyan

Glorious shot Lloyd. beautiful colors, dof and subject. lovely capture.:thumbs:

m_driscoll

Little catch up here:

Lief: Great B& W images I really liked the sky and stark quality of the first one. But, the last sheep shot really captured a moment. :thumbup:
Steve: Thank you! :D
Corlan: You're right: 3 deg. lat. S. We're practically in the Tropics. Thanks for your comment. :D You're probably wondering why I clipped the flower? Cropped out a dead stem that way (i just can't "clone" something out). Yes, I'm usually in Aperture priority with auto-iso. Nice flowers. Especially the Nasturtium. Not sure about that crop in the B&W? But the detailed lines in the petals are neat. :thumbup:
Woody: Exceptional photos. Nice that Mr. Rushdie can go out in public. Although, the Fatwa still stands. The framing, look, and pp in the last is very cool. :salute:
Rayyan: Thank you, sir!:D Beautiful shot of the younger version of your wife. :thumbup:
Lloyd: Congratulations to Mimi. Results sound good to me (actually "finishing" would sound good to me!). Impressive (and inspiring) "tri-ing" photos of Mimi!
Hacker: Outstanding photos of National Day! Looks like you had great access. Looks like a sort of combined 4th of July, Olympic's opening ceremony and May Day. :salute:
Roman: Beautiful landscapes. Rich, earthy, color. I love the way the water explodes in the last one. :thumbup:
Lloyd: That's a once in a lifetime shot! :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

Magic Moment Caught Lloyd! Awesome!
Glorious shot Lloyd. beautiful colors, dof and subject. lovely capture.:thumbs:
Little catch up here:

Lloyd: Congratulations to Mimi. Results sound good to me (actually "finishing" would sound good to me!). Impressive (and inspiring) "tri-ing" photos of Mimi!
Lloyd: That's a once in a lifetime shot! :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt
Thank you all, gentlemen. I'm honored by your opinions... honestly. :salute::salute::salute:

Hacker

Great pictures (the entire series). Looks like quite the celebration. BTW, the control of light in the first group, including the one I've quoted, is most impressive. :thumbup:
Thanks Llyod. I had to compensate on the fly using the +/- function to control the lighting.

m_driscoll

One of your projects, Matt? Or a middle of the city archeological dig?
The color is spot on here. Very nice.
Lloyd: Thanks! :D Nope, not one of mine. It was across the street from my old office. The tarps they put up to screen the welding were the first thing that i saw. Then, I waited for the two guys to do something interesting.

Like it, Matt! Some real action, there.
Lloyd; love that little girl - the mood ...
leif e
Lief: Thank you, sir. :D

Hacker: Another nice image. Great composition.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com