The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

m_driscoll

What a great collection of wonderful photos from all of you guys this past couple of weeks.
(kinda busy here... work-family-work-family-family-work-work-(nap)-work...
Trying -hopelessly- to catch up... OK Mr MAgriTTe.
That's decisive moment and momentum. Sensational!
(upon first browsing the page all the images were loading and flashing quickly but then already knew it was one of yours)
Like the darker mood of the industrial shots, too.
:bugeyes:
Wow, definitely Hollywood WWII atmosphere.
With a touch of modernity... next Steven Spielberg movie?
Superb!! (though not unlike Tim the whole series (and in fact most of your recent photos Matt) look darker, and for sure more than they usually do. Did you recently change your monitor or computer used for processing Matt? :lecture: Just wondering...)...
Corlan: Thank you, sir! Nope no change in computer/monitor/etc. I just wanted to try some "darker" pp. My M9 photos are more "normal".

Nice crop,color & iq Matt!
Steve: Thanks! :D The other one was a bit over the top. Nik's "Kodachrome".

Corlan...Great To See You Again!
+1 from me! Welcome back.
Corlan: +1, just what they said.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Just back from three days in Singapore. Boring weather, great company :)

All photos with S5 and Nikkor 105mm f/1.8 AIS at varying apertures.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Jorgen, sounds like a lot of fun. Beautiful subject, too.
Jump shot's excellent, and very well done. Wait, is it what the "S" thing on the dial for? :confused: :rolleyes:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

click for larger size

Nikon D300 • Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/85mm ZF • 1/2000 sec. at f/2 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
This is wonderful, Steen. Choice of light, composition, the (double, or even triple) contrast between the two visible subjects.
On the technical side, interesting DOF you get @f2 (or the Exif's wrong?). Probably an advantage of DX, which gets you more in the 135mm range with the 85. Perfect control in any case.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks all for your kind words.

:thumbup: decisive levitation moment, Jorgen :)
It wasn't easy to make her hold the pose long enough for this old man to get the focus right ;)

Very interesting shot of the two sculptures, Steen. I particularly like how the details in the face of the first one come out. Did you have to do any pp to obtain that?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
If you buy instant noodles in Singapore, the chances are that there's no fork or chop sticks included. Hotel rooms on the other hand, usually include two tooth brushes. Buy noodles, book a room, problem solved :thumbup:

S5 with 105mm f.1.8

rayyan

Hello there lovely people. Just got tied up. I have not read any of the posts yet. Must be a picture fest!!

Apologies for that.

One from my trusted friend the ultimate in exotic optics..nikon 50mm f/1.4 af-d
on the d700.

Regards.