The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

m_driscoll

Nothing exciting..bricks, cement, wood, nails just after dawn..
Regards.
Rayyan: Thank you my friend. Nice light and color in this detail. :salute: Have fun in Zurich.

Corlan: My nod to the color also. A very elaborate column. And, I'm sure your understanding of the technology of photography is well beyond point-n-shoot. The "technical" discussions are always informative. Yes, it is gathering dust...at the moment. Maybe, I'll take it to the zoo?

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Probably an indication that' Rayyan's photo was successfully disturbing. :)

I happened to actually step on a similar contrivance some time ago... aouch. Lot of bleeding, hospital... erk.

Corlan: My nod to the color also. A very elaborate column. And, I'm sure your understanding of the technology of photography is well beyond point-n-shoot. The "technical" discussions are always informative. Yes, it is gathering dust...at the moment. Maybe, I'll take it to the zoo?

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Thanks Matt. T/S to the zoo? Are you afraid that if you'd cross paths with Steve there he'd be so big you'd need some shift? :D

(ok- not funny) :eek:

There really was a sense of sincere sadness in their eyes. Thanks Matt!
It shows in your photos Steve.
And they look so profoundly clever.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Just to show, once again, that a Leica is in no way needed to make blurry, out of focus images :D

S5 with 105mm f/1.8

Last edited:

otumay

I realized I haven't contributed to this thread for some time. Admiring the wonderful shots posted here, one may get lazy:eek:

Last year, a beautiful mosque was inaugurated in Istanbul. Shakirin (meaning thankful) Mosque is the first mosque who was co-designed by a lady. Although it is a radically modern design, many important Islamic, Seljuk and Ottoman elements have been incorporated. It is difficult to describe in words the overwhelming sense of elation, especially when standing at the inner courtyard.

Here are a few glimpses I've caught with D700 and Nikkor 24-70mm/2.8:

Lloyd

I realized I haven't contributed to this thread for some time. Admiring the wonderful shots posted here, one may get lazy:eek:

Last year, a beautiful mosque was inaugurated in Istanbul. Shakirin (meaning thankful) Mosque is the first mosque who was co-designed by a lady. Although it is a radically modern design, many important Islamic, Seljuk and Ottoman elements have been incorporated. It is difficult to describe in words the overwhelming sense of elation, especially when standing at the inner courtyard.

Here are a few glimpses I've caught with D700 and Nikkor 24-70mm/2.8:
Stunning edifice, really great images.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
This is nice, Osman. Were you able to shoot there out of opening hours? Or is it not open yet? Forgive my ignorance (and "my turkish is rusty"- meaning in clear that the only very few words i ever knew are long forgotten :D), reason i'm asking is that i would expect some water in the "fountain" (?) in the center.

What you mention about "sense of elation" is indeed almost impossible to describe... and it's definitely a rare occurence with new or recent places, whatever the culture.

Last edited:

otumay

This is nice, Osman. Were you able to shoot there out of opening hours? Or is it not open yet? Forgive my ignorance (and "my turkish is rusty"- meaning in clear that the only very few words i ever knew are long forgotten :D), reason i'm asking is that i would expect some water in the "fountain" (?) in the center.

What you mention about "sense of elation" is indeed almost impossible to describe... and it's definitely a rare occurence with new or recent places, whatever the culture.

Corlan, thank you for your kind praise and interest. In theory, mosques are always open, but in practical life they are closed after evening's prayers. In most of the historical mosques, photographers are allowed.

The fountain is a of radically different design; the steel sphere has a small opening at the top, where water flows down all along its perimeter, yielding beautiful light games. Somehow it was dry while I was shooting.

We indeed say 'rusty' when we describe a situation when one's knowledge of a foreign language fails due to neglect! Interesting you remember it:)

And lastly, you are correct in saying that elation does not come easily in 'new' places. Architecture is wizardry to me...

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Corlan, thank you for your kind praise and interest. In theory, mosques are always open, but in practical life they are closed after evening's prayers. In most of the historical mosques, photographers are allowed.

The fountain is a of radically different design; the steel sphere has a small opening at the top, where water flows down all along its perimeter, yielding beautiful light games. Somehow it was dry while I was shooting.

We indeed say 'rusty' when we describe a situation when one's knowledge of a foreign language fails due to neglect! Interesting you remember it:)

And lastly, you are correct in saying that elation does not come easily in 'new' places. Architecture is wizardry to me...
Thanks for the insight Osman.
Many years ago a GF of mine (what a beauty she was -most stubborn person i ever knew though) was Turkish and though she was not fluent her father was a linguist (including by trade). We used to have long conversations exhanging views about longuistics and epistemology. From the Turkic language(s) barely fragments or vague notions are still vivid. Looking back, i was young, probably too passionate in defending my own theories... today i'd certainly listen harder. Errors of youth :)